The Measurement of Permanent Income and Its Application to Savings Behavior
No abstract is available for this item.
- Ward, Patrick S., 2016. "Transient Poverty, Poverty Dynamics, and Vulnerability to Poverty: An Empirical Analysis Using a Balanced Panel from Rural China," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 541-553.
- Patrick Honohan, 1995. "The Impact of Financial and Fiscal Policies on Saving," Papers WP059, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Christiaensen , Luc & Pan, Lei, 2012. "On the fungibility of spending and earnings -- evidence from rural China and Tanzania," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6298, The World Bank.
- Steven Stillman, 2001.
"The Response of Consumption in Russian Households to Economic Shocks,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
412, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Stillman, Steven, 2001. "The Response of Consumption in Russian Households to Economic Shocks," IZA Discussion Papers 411, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Davillas, A.; Jones, A.M.; Benzeval, M.;, 2017. "The income-health gradient: Evidence from self-reported health and biomarkers using longitudinal data on income," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 17/04, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Fafchamps, Marcel & Udry, Christopher & Czukas, Katherine, 1998. "Drought and saving in West Africa: are livestock a buffer stock?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 273-305, April.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Chris Udry & Katherine Czukas, "undated". "Drought and Saving in West Africa: Are Livestock a Buffer Stock?," Working Papers 97013, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Charlotte Guénard & Sandrine Mesplé-Somps, 2004. "Mesurer les inégalités : que captent réellement les enquêtes ? Analyse de deux enquêtes ivoirienne et malgache," Working Papers DT/2004/13, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation), revised Dec 2004.
- Kristin J. Kleinjans & Jinkook Lee, 2006. "The link between individual expectations and savings: Do nursing home expectations matter?," Economics Working Papers 2006-05, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- repec:pal:eurjdr:v:29:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1057_s41287-016-0012-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bhalla, Surjit S. & Leiserson, Mark, 1982. "Issues in the Measurement and Analysis of Income Distribution in Developing Countries: Some Comparative Perspectives," 1982 Conference, August 24-September 2, 1982, Jakarta, Indonesia 182444, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Lamberte, Mario B. & Bautista, Romeo M., 1990. "Comparative Saving Behavior of Rural and Urban Households in the Philippines," Working Papers WP 1990-15, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Lamberte, Mario B. & Bautista, Romeo M., 1990. "Comparative Saving Behavior of Rural and Urban Households in the Philippines," Philippine Journal of Development JPD 1990 Vol. XVII No. 2-, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Ashok Mishra & Hiroki Uematsu & J. Matthew Fannin, 2013. "Measuring precautionary wealth using cross-sectional data: the case of farm households," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 131-141, March.
- Philip Musgrove, 1987. "Ingreso y Consumo Permanente y su Relación, en Cuatro Ciudades Colombianas," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 24(71), pages 29-44.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/4459 is not listed on IDEAS
- Meng, Xin, 2003. "Unemployment, consumption smoothing, and precautionary saving in urban China," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 465-485, September.
- Anupam Das, 2012. "Remittance Behavior of Migrants and its Macroeconomic Effects in Four Developing Countries," International Journal of Applied Behavioral Economics (IJABE), IGI Global, vol. 1(1), pages 41-59, January.
- Adams, Richard H., 2002. "Precautionary saving from different sources of income - evidence from rural Pakistan," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2761, The World Bank.
- Alderman, Harold, 1996. "Saving and economic shocks in rural Pakistan," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 343-365, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jpolec:v:88:y:1980:i:4:p:722-44. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed