The Effects of Property Taxes and Local Public Spending on Property Values: A Comment and Further Results
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
- Sigrid Roehrs & David Stadelmann, 2010. "Mobility and local income redistribution," Working Papers 2010/4, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Theodore M. Crone, 1998. "House prices and the quality of public schools: what are we buying?," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue Sep, pages 3-14.
- Sung Hoon Kang & Mark Skidmore & Laura Reese, 2015.
"The Effects of Changes in Property Tax Rates and School Spending on Residential and Business Property Value Growth,"
Real Estate Economics,
American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 43(2), pages 300-333, June.
- Sung Kang & Laura Reese & Mark Skidmore, 2012. "The Effects of Changes in Property Tax Rates and School Spending on Residential and Business Property Value Growth," CESifo Working Paper Series 3899, CESifo Group Munich.
- Christian A. L. Hilber, 2017.
"The Economic Implications of House Price Capitalization: A Synthesis,"
Real Estate Economics,
American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 45(2), pages 301-339, April.
- Christian A. L. Hilber, 2011. "The Economics Implications of House Price Capitalization: A Synthesis," SERC Discussion Papers 0091, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Hilber, Christian A. L., 2015. "The economic implications of house price capitalization: a synthesis," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 61774, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Hilber, Christian A. L., 2017. "The economic implications of house price capitalization: a synthesis," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 62118, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Schaltegger, Christoph A. & Somogyi, Frank & Sturm, Jan-Egbert, 2011.
"Tax competition and income sorting: Evidence from the Zurich metropolitan area,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 455-470, September.
- Christoph A. Schaltegger & Frank Somogyi & Jan-Egbert Sturm, 2009. "Tax Competition and Income Sorting: Evidence from the Zurich Metropolitan Area," CREMA Working Paper Series 2009-25, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Christoph A. Schaltegger & Frank Somogyi & Jan-Egbert Sturm, 2009. "Tax Competition and Income Sorting: Evidence from the Zurich Metropolitan Area," CESifo Working Paper Series 2824, CESifo Group Munich.
- Göbel, Jürgen, 2009. "Local policy, income, and housing prices," MPRA Paper 14053, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gallagher, Ryan M. & Kurban, Haydar & Persky, Joseph J., 2013. "Small homes, public schools, and property tax capitalization," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 422-428.
- Ryan M. Gallagher & Haydar Kurban & Joseph J. Persky, 2013. "Small Homes, Public Schools, and Property Tax Capitalization," Working Papers 13-04, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Lang, Kevin & Jian, Tianlun, 2004. "Property taxes and property values: evidence from Proposition," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 439-457, May.
- Nechyba, Thomas J. & Strauss, Robert P., 1998. "Community choice and local public services: A discrete choice approach," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 51-73, January.
- Thomas J. Nechyba & Robert P. Strauss, 1997. "Community Choice and Local Public Services: A Discrete Choice Approach," NBER Working Papers 5966, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Palmon, Oded & Smith, Barton A., 1998. "A New Approach for Identifying the Parameters of a Tax Capitalization Model," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 299-316, September.
- Yadavalli, Anita P. & Florax, Raymond J.G.M., 2013. "The Effect of School Quality on House Prices: A Meta-Regression Analysis," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 151291, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- William Stine, 1988. "Estimating property tax base elasticity over time: Evidence on the revenue maximizing politician," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 58(1), pages 35-44, July.
- Stadelmann, David, 2010. "Which factors capitalize into house prices? A Bayesian averaging approach," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 180-204, September.
- David Stadelmann, 2009. "Which Factors Capitalize into House Prices? A Bayesian Averaging Approach," CREMA Working Paper Series 2009-10, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Hilber, Christian A. L., 2011. "The economics implications of house price capitalization a survey of an emerging literature," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 58596, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jpolec:v:81:y:1973:i:4:p:994-1003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed