On the Use of Poison Pills and Defensive Payouts by Takeover Targets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stráska, Miroslava & Waller, Gregory, 2010. "Do antitakeover provisions harm shareholders?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 487-497, September.
- Caiazza, Stefano & Pozzolo, Alberto Franco, 2016. "The determinants of failed takeovers in the banking sector: Deal or country characteristics?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 72(S), pages 92-103.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:5:p:1412-:d:144348 is not listed on IDEAS
- Arikawa, Yasuhiro & Mitsusada, Yosuke, 2011. "The adoption of poison pills and managerial entrenchment: Evidence from Japan," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 63-77, January.
- repec:eee:corfin:v:49:y:2018:i:c:p:104-119 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ipg:wpaper:1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rowoldt, Maximilian & Starke, Dennis, 2016. "The role of governments in hostile takeovers – Evidence from regulation, anti-takeover provisions and government interventions," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 1-15.
- Bruno-Laurent Moschetto & Frédéric Teulon, 2015.
"Optimisation d’une stratégie anti- opa par limitation linéaire des droits de vote face à un investisseur hostile,"
Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 66(6), pages 1067-1088.
- Bruno-Laurent Moschetto & Frédéric Teulon, 2014. "Optimisation d’une stratégie anti-OPA par limitation linéaire des droits de vote face à un investisseur hostile," Working Papers 2014-410, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Ertugrul, Mine, 2015. "Bargaining power of targets: Takeover defenses and top-tier target advisors," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 48-78.
- Eckbo, B. Espen, 2009. "Bidding strategies and takeover premiums: A review," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 149-178, February.
- John, Kose & Knyazeva, Anzhela & Knyazeva, Diana, 2015. "Governance and Payout Precommitment," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 101-117.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2013-001 is not listed on IDEAS
- Albert Banal‐Estañol & Paul Heidhues & Rainer Nitsche & Jo Seldeslachts, 2010.
"Screening And Merger Activity,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(4), pages 794-817, December.
- Banal-Estanol, Albert & Heidhues, Paul & Nitsche, Rainer & Seldeslachts, Jo, 2009. "Screening and Merger Activity," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 270, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Frédéric Teulon & Bruno Laurent Moschetto, 2013. "Linear Voting Rule Limitation Strategy to Reduce the Power of a Unique New Comer in a Firm’s Capital," Working Papers 2013-1, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Heron, Randall A. & Lie, Erik, 2015. "The effect of poison pill adoptions and court rulings on firm entrenchment," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 286-296.
- Madura, Jeff & Ngo, Thanh & Viale, Ariel M., 2012. "Why do merger premiums vary across industries and over time?," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 49-62.
- Baker, Malcolm & Pan, Xin & Wurgler, Jeffrey, 2012. "The effect of reference point prices on mergers and acquisitions," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 49-71.
- Bates, Thomas W. & Becher, David A. & Lemmon, Michael L., 2008. "Board classification and managerial entrenchment: Evidence from the market for corporate control," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(3), pages 656-677, March.
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:992-1004 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jfinec:v:126:y:2017:i:3:p:614-634 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vijh, Anand M. & Yang, Ke, 2013. "Are small firms less vulnerable to overpriced stock offers?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 110(1), pages 61-86.
- Carline, Nicholas F. & Linn, Scott C. & Yadav, Pradeep K., 2014. "Corporate governance and the nature of takeover resistance," CFR Working Papers 14-01, University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Harris, Oneil & Madura, Jeff, 2010. "Cause and effects of poison pill adoptions by spinoff units," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 62(4), pages 307-330, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jnlbus:v:79:y:2006:i:4:p:1783-1808. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JB/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.