Option Theory and Floating-Rate Securities with a Comparison of Adjustable- and Fixed-Rate Mortgages
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bilgi Yilmaz & A. Sevtap Selcuk-Kestel, 2019. "Computation of Hedging Coefficients for Mortgage Default and Prepayment Options: Malliavin Calculus Approach," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 59(4), pages 673-697, November.
- McConnell, John J. & Saretto, Alessio, 2010. "Auction failures and the market for auction rate securities," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(3), pages 451-469, September.
- Bhardwaj, Geetesh & Sengupta, Rajdeep, 2012. "Subprime mortgage design," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 1503-1519.
- Yerkin Kitapbayev & Scott Robertson, 2020. "Mortgage Contracts and Underwater Default," Papers 2005.03554, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2021.
- Cristina Viegas & Jos� Azevedo-Pereira, 2012. "Mortgage valuation: a quasi-closed-form solution," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(7), pages 993-1001, May.
- Geetesh Bhardwaj & Rajdeep Sengupta, 2008. "Did prepayments sustain the subprime market?," Working Papers 2008-039, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Ming Shann Tsai & Shu Ling Chiang, 2016. "The Valuation Model for a Risky Asset When Its Risky Factors Follow Gamma Distributions," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 421-444, September.
- Jian Chen & Jin Xiang & Tyler T. Yang, 2018. "Re-Default Risk of Modified Mortgages," International Real Estate Review, Global Social Science Institute, vol. 21(1), pages 1-40.
- Lim, Terence & Lo, Andrew W. & Merton, Robert C. & Scholes, Myron S., 2006. "The Derivatives Sourcebook," Foundations and Trends(R) in Finance, now publishers, vol. 1(5–6), pages 365-572, April.
- Nikola Kojucharov & Clyde F. Martin & Robert F. Martin & Lili Xu, 2009. "The subprime mortgage crisis: irrational exuberance or rational error?," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Jan.
- Isil Erol & Kanak Patel, 2007. "Pricing the Default Option of Inflation-Indexed Mortgages Using Explicit Finite Difference Method," International Real Estate Review, Global Social Science Institute, vol. 10(1), pages 48-92.
- Agarwal, Sumit & Ambrose, Brent W. & Chomsisengphet, Souphala & Liu, Chunlin, 2006. "An empirical analysis of home equity loan and line performance," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 444-469, October.
- Ray Sturm & Drew Winters, 2009. "Does time have value? An empirical examination of the put option embedded in refundable U.S. air fares," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 33(4), pages 376-392, October.
- Tsai, Ming-Shann & Liao, Szu-Lang & Chiang, Shu-Ling, 2009. "Analyzing yield, duration and convexity of mortgage loans under prepayment and default risks," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 92-103, June.
- Patel, Nimesh & Daglish, Toby, 2011. "Fixed come hell or high water? Selection and prepayment of fixed rate mortgages outside the US," Working Paper Series 4107, Victoria University of Wellington, The New Zealand Institute for the Study of Competition and Regulation.
- Szu‐Lang Liao & Ming‐Shann Tsai & Shu‐Ling Chiang, 2008. "Closed‐Form Mortgage Valuation Using Reduced‐Form Model," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 36(2), pages 313-347, June.
- Chow, Ying-Foon & Huang, Charles & Liu, Ming, 2000. "Valuation of adjustable rate mortgages with automatic stretching maturity," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(11), pages 1809-1829, November.
- Posey, Lisa L. & Yavas, Abdullah, 2001. "Adjustable and Fixed Rate Mortgages as a Screening Mechanism for Default Risk," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 54-79, January.
- Werner Hürlimann, 2012. "Valuation of fixed and variable rate mortgages: binomial tree versus analytical approximations," Decisions in Economics and Finance, Springer;Associazione per la Matematica, vol. 35(2), pages 171-202, November.
- Lanot, Gauthier & Leece, David, 2010. "The Performance of UK Securitized Subprime Mortgage Debt: ‘Idiosyncratic’ Behaviour or Mortgage Design?," MPRA Paper 27137, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- James Kau & Donald Keenan, 1999. "Catastrophic Default and Credit Risk for Lending Institutions," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 15(2), pages 87-102, March.
- Eddie Lam, 2002. "A Risk Management Model for MBS Issuers," International Real Estate Review, Global Social Science Institute, vol. 5(1), pages 169-195.
- Daglish, Toby, 2009. "What motivates a subprime borrower to default?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 681-693, April.
- Stephen F. Thode, 2000. "CMOs, Duration Risk and a New Mortgage," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 19(1), pages 73-103.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jnlbus:v:66:y:1993:i:4:p:595-618. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: https://www.jstor.org/journal/jbusiness .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.