Corporate Governance through the Proxy Contest: Evidence and Implications
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dionysia Dionysiou, 2015. "Choosing Among Alternative Long-Run Event-Study Techniques," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(1), pages 158-198, February.
- Ila Alam & Robin Sickles, 1998. "The Relationship Between Stock Market Returns and Technical Efficiency Innovations: Evidence from the US Airline Industry," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 35-51, January.
- Charalambos Th. Constantinou & Costas Th. Constantinou, 2003. "The Effect of Board Structure on Bidder-Shareholders' Wealth: Further Evidence from the UK Bidding Firms," Working Papers wp261, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Fama, Eugene F., 1998.
"Market efficiency, long-term returns, and behavioral finance,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 283-306, September.
- Eugene F Fama, "undated". "Market Efficiency, Long-Term Returns, and Behavioral Finance," CRSP working papers 448, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Eugene F. Fama, "undated". "Market Efficiency, Long-term Returns, and Behavioral Finance," CRSP working papers 340, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Ning Gao & Jason Everett Brooks, 2010. "Capital structure and outcome of proxy contest targets: An empirical study," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 36(4), pages 294-321, March.
- repec:eee:jbrese:v:83:y:2018:i:c:p:160-172 is not listed on IDEAS
- Spiess, D. Katherine & Affleck-Graves, John, 1999. "The long-run performance of stock returns following debt offerings," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 45-73, October.
- Alexander Radygin & Revold Entov & Marina Turuntseva & Alena Gontmakher & Harry Swain & Jeff Carruthers & Karen Minden & Cheryl Urban, 2002. "The problems of corporate governance in Russia and its regions," Published Papers 12, Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy, revised 2002.
- Cindy R. Alexander & Mark A. Chen & Duane J. Seppi & Chester S. Spatt, 2009. "The Role of Advisory Services in Proxy Voting," NBER Working Papers 15143, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Taufiq Choudhry & Ranadeva Jayasekera, 2015. "Level of efficiency in the UK equity market: empirical study of the effects of the global financial crisis," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 44(2), pages 213-242, February.
- Fang Chen & Jian Huang & Han Yu, 2018. "The Intra-Industry Effects of Proxy Contests," Working papers 001, Research Association for Interdisciplinary Studies.
- repec:eee:corfin:v:44:y:2017:i:c:p:405-424 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michel Albouy & Alain Schatt, 2004.
"Les prises de contrôle par les actionnaires contestataires:le cas André,"
Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie,
revues.org, vol. 7(2), pages 33-65, June.
- Michel Albouy & Alain Schatt, 2004. "Les prises de contrôle par les actionnaires contestataires:le cas André," Working Papers CREGO 1040402, Université de Bourgogne - CREGO EA7317 Centre de recherches en gestion des organisations.
- Michael J. Fleming, 1995. "New evidence on the effectiveness of the proxy mechanism," Research Paper 9503, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Mulherin, J. Harold & Poulsen, Annette B., 1998. "Proxy contests and corporate change: implications for shareholder wealth," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 279-313, March.
- Ikenberry, David & Lakonishok, Josef & Vermaelen, Theo, 1995.
"Market underreaction to open market share repurchases,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 39(2-3), pages 181-208.
- David Ikenberry & Josef Lakonishok & Theo Vermaelen, 1994. "Market Underreaction to Open Market Share Repurchases," NBER Working Papers 4965, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lin, Ji-Chai & Wu, YiLin, 2013. "SEO timing and liquidity risk," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(C), pages 95-118.
- Cowan, Arnold R. & Sergeant, Anne M. A., 2001. "Interacting biases, non-normal return distributions and the performance of tests for long-horizon event studies," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 741-765, April.
- Choudhry, Taufiq & Jayasekera, Ranadeva, 2012. "Comparison of efficiency characteristics between the banking sectors of US and UK during the global financial crisis of 2007–2011," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 106-116.
- Chan, Wesley S., 2003. "Stock price reaction to news and no-news: drift and reversal after headlines," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 223-260, November.
- Choudhry, Taufiq & Jayasekera, Ranadeva, 2014. "Market efficiency during the global financial crisis: Empirical evidence from European banks," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(PB), pages 299-318.
- Karpov, A., 2012. "Corporate Board Elections and Company's Performance," Journal of the New Economic Association, New Economic Association, vol. 16(4), pages 10-25.
- Lin, Ji-Chai & Stephens, Clifford P. & Wu, YiLin, 2014. "Limited attention, share repurchases, and takeover risk," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 283-301.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jnlbus:v:66:y:1993:i:3:p:405-35. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JB/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.