Clearly Heard on the Street: The Effect of Takeover Rumors on Stock Prices
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ajeyo Banerjee & E. Woodrow Eckard, 2001. "Why Regulate Insider Trading? Evidence from the First Great Merger Wave (1897-1903)," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(5), pages 1329-1349, December.
- Siganos, Antonios, 2013. "Google attention and target price run ups," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 219-226.
- Chou, Hsin-I & Li, Baibing & Yin, Xiangkang & Zhao, Jing, 2017. "Variables in dollar terms versus in rate terms: The case of market feedback on merger negotiations," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 138-145.
- Richard J. Zeckhauser & John Pound, 1990. "Are Large Shareholders Effective Monitors? An Investigation of Share Ownership and Corporate Performance," NBER Chapters,in: Asymmetric Information, Corporate Finance, and Investment, pages 149-180 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kosfeld, Michael, 2005. "Rumours and markets," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(6), pages 646-664, September.
- Boyan Jovanovic & Serguey Braguinsky, 2004. "Bidder Discounts and Target Premia in Takeovers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(1), pages 46-56, March.
- Yuan Gao & Derek Oler, 2012. "Rumors and pre-announcement trading: why sell target stocks before acquisition announcements?," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 39(4), pages 485-508, November.
- Chou, Hsin-I & Tian, Gloria Y. & Yin, Xiangkang, 2015. "Takeover rumors: Returns and pricing of rumored targets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 13-27.
- repec:spr:chfecr:v:5:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1186_s40589-017-0052-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Schwert, G. William, 1996. "Markup pricing in mergers and acquisitions," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 153-192, June.
- J. David Cummins & Christopher M. Lewis, 2002. "Catastrophic Events, Parameter Uncertainty and the Breakdown of Implicit Long-term Contracting in the Insurance Market: The Case of Terrorism Insurance," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 02-40, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Zivney, Terry L. & Bertin, William J. & Torabzadeh, Khalil M., 1996. "Overreaction to takeover speculation," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 89-115.
- Ali Akyol & Jin S. Kim & Chander Shekhar, 2014. "The Causes and Consequences of Accelerated Stock Repurchases," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 14(3), pages 319-343, September.
- Michael R. King, 2009.
"Prebid Run-Ups Ahead of Canadian Takeovers: How Big Is the Problem?,"
Financial Management Association International, vol. 38(4), pages 699-726, December.
- Michael R. King & Maksym Padalko, 2005. "Pre-Bid Run-Ups Ahead of Canadian Takeovers: How Big Is the Problem?," Staff Working Papers 05-3, Bank of Canada.
- Philip Brown & Andrew Ferguson & Andrew B. Jackson, 2009. "Pierpont and the Capital Market," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 45(2), pages 147-170.
- Udomsirikul, Prasit & Jumreornvong, Seksak & Jiraporn, Pornsit, 2011. "Liquidity and capital structure: The case of Thailand," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 106-117, April.
- repec:eee:ecofin:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:1-19 is not listed on IDEAS
- Haizhen Wang & Ratthachat Chatpatanasiri & Pairote Sattayatham, 2017. "Stock Trading Using PE ratio: A Dynamic Bayesian Network Modeling on Behavioral Finance and Fundamental Investment," Papers 1706.02985, arXiv.org.
- DiFonzo, Nicholas & Bordia, Prashant, 1997. "Rumor and Prediction: Making Sense (but Losing Dollars) in the Stock Market," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 71(3), pages 329-353, September.
- Asquith, Daniel & Kieschnick, Robert, 1999. "An Examination of Initial Shareholdings in Tender Offer Bids," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 171-188, March.
- Saif Ullah & Nadia Massoud & Barry Scholnick, 2014. "The Impact of Fraudulent False Information on Equity Values," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 120(2), pages 219-235, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jnlbus:v:63:y:1990:i:3:p:291-308. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JB/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .