The Analysis of World Events and Stock Prices
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:joevec:v:27:y:2017:i:5:d:10.1007_s00191-017-0504-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Pearce, Douglas K & Roley, V Vance, 1985. "Stock Prices and Economic News," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58(1), pages 49-67, January.
- Brown, William Jr. & Burdekin, Richard C.K. & Weidenmier, Marc D., 2006.
"Volatility in an era of reduced uncertainty: Lessons from Pax Britannica,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 79(3), pages 693-707, March.
- William O. Brown & Richard C. K. Burdekin & Marc D. Weidenmier, 2005. "Volatility in an Era of Reduced Uncertainty: Lessons from Pax Britannica," NBER Working Papers 11319, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fair, Ray C., 2003.
"Shock effects on stocks, bonds, and exchange rates,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 307-341, June.
- Ray Fair, 2001. "Shock Effects on Stocks, Bonds, and Exchange Rates," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm172, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Aug 2001.
- Yi-Hsien Wang & Jui-Cheng Hung & Hsiu-Hsueh Kao & Kuang-Hsun Shih, 2011. "Long-term relationship between political behavior and stock market return: new evidence from quantile regression," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 45(6), pages 1361-1367, October.
- Ran Lu-Andrews & John L. Glascock, 2017. "Liquidity, Price Behavior, and Market-related Events," Eastern Economic Journal, Palgrave Macmillan;Eastern Economic Association, vol. 43(2), pages 318-351, March.
- Hanna, Alan J. & Turner, John D. & Walker, Clive B., 2017. "News media and investor sentiment over the long run," QUCEH Working Paper Series 2017-06, Queen's University Belfast, Queen's University Centre for Economic History.
- Amini, Shima & Gebka, Bartosz & Hudson, Robert & Keasey, Kevin, 2013. "A review of the international literature on the short term predictability of stock prices conditional on large prior price changes: Microstructure, behavioral and risk related explanations," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 1-17.
- Zeynep ÃƒÂ–nder & Can Ã…Âžimga-Mugan, 2006. "How Do Political and Economic News Affect Emerging Markets? Evidence from Argentina and Turkey," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(4), pages 50-77, July.
- Amelie Brune & Thorsten Hens & Marc Rieger & Mei Wang, 2015. "The war puzzle: contradictory effects of international conflicts on stock markets," International Review of Economics, Springer;Happiness Economics and Interpersonal Relations (HEIRS), vol. 62(1), pages 1-21, March.
- Elmendorf, Douglas W & Hirschfeld, Mary L & Weil, David N, 1996.
"The Effect of News on Bond Prices: Evidence from the United Kingdom, 1900-1920,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 78(2), pages 341-344, May.
- Douglas Elmendorf & Mary Hirshfeld & David Weil, 1992. "The Effect of News on Bond Prices: Evidence from the United Kingdom 1900-1920," NBER Working Papers 4234, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Salman Syed Ali & Khalid Mustafa, 2001. "Testing Semi-strong Form Efficiency of Stock Market," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 40(4), pages 651-674.
- Thomas Schuster, 2003. "News Events and Price Movements. Price Effects of Economic and Non-Economic Publications in the News Media," Finance 0305009, EconWPA.
- Campbell, Gareth & Quinn, William & Turner, John D. & Ye, Qing, 2015. "What moved share prices in the nineteenth-century London stock market?," QUCEH Working Paper Series 15-06, Queen's University Belfast, Queen's University Centre for Economic History.
- Wisniewski, Tomasz Piotr & Lambe, Brendan, 2013. "The role of media in the credit crunch: The case of the banking sector," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 163-175.
- Andreas Storkenmaier & Martin Wagener & Christof Weinhardt, 2012. "Public information in fragmented markets," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 26(2), pages 179-215, June.
- Timm O. Sprenger & Philipp G. Sandner & Andranik Tumasjan & Isabell M. Welpe, 2014. "News or Noise? Using Twitter to Identify and Understand Company-specific News Flow," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(7-8), pages 791-830, September.
- Ferguson, Andrew & Crockett, Adrian, 2003. "Information transfer and press coverage: The case of the Gawler Craton gold boom," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 101-120, January.
- Mohamed Zouaoui & Geneviève Nouyrigat & Francisca Beer, 2011. "How does investor sentiment affect stock market crises?Evidence from panel data," Working Papers CREGO 1110304, Université de Bourgogne - CREGO EA7317 Centre de recherches en gestion des organisations.
- Bang Dang Nguyen, 2015. "Is More News Good News? Media Coverage of CEOs, Firm Value, and Rent Extraction," Quarterly Journal of Finance (QJF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 5(04), pages 1-38, December.
- Zeynep Ãnder & Can Åimga-Mugan, 2006. "How Do Political and Economic News Affect Emerging Markets? Evidence from Argentina and Turkey," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(4), pages 50-77, July.
- Noemi Schmitt & Frank Westerhoff, 2017.
"Heterogeneity, spontaneous coordination and extreme events within large-scale and small-scale agent-based financial market models,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, vol. 27(5), pages 1041-1070, November.
- Schmitt, Noemi & Westerhoff, Frank, 2016. "Heterogeneity, spontaneous coordination and extreme events within large-scale and small-scale agent-based financial market models," BERG Working Paper Series 111, Bamberg University, Bamberg Economic Research Group.
- M. Zouaoui & G. Nouyrigat & F. Beer, 2010. "How does investor sentiment affect stock market crises? Evidence from panel data," Post-Print halshs-00534754, HAL.
- Riordan, Ryan & Storkenmaier, Andreas & Wagener, Martin & Sarah Zhang, S., 2013. "Public information arrival: Price discovery and liquidity in electronic limit order markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 1148-1159.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jnlbus:v:44:y:1971:i:2:p:193-219. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JB/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.