Hanged for a Sheep--The Economics of Marginal Deterrence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Koyama, Mark, 2012. "The Law and Economics of Private Prosecutions in Industrial Revolution England," MPRA Paper 40500, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Crinï¿½, Rosario & Immordino, Giovanni & Piccolo, Salvatore, 2017.
"Marginal Deterrence at Work,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
12023, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rosario Crino & Giovanni Immordino & Gülen Karakoç-Palminteri & Salvatore Piccolo, 2017. "Marginal Deterrence at Work," CSEF Working Papers 478, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Rosario Crinò & Giovanni Immordino & Salvatore Piccolo, 2017. "Marginal Deterrence at Work," CESifo Working Paper Series 6665, CESifo Group Munich.
- Louis Hotte, 2005.
"Natural-resource exploitation with costly enforcement of property rights,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 57(3), pages 497-521, July.
- HOTTE, Louis, 1997. "Natural-Resource Exploitation with Costly Enforcement of Property Rights," Cahiers de recherche 9720, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Curry Philip A. & Mongrain Steeve, 2009. "Deterrence in Rank-Order Tournaments," Review of Law & Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 723-740, December.
- Grant, Darren, 2016. "The essential economics of threshold-based incentives: Theory, estimation, and evidence from the Western States 100," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 180-197.
- Anna Rita Germani, 2007. "The Environmental Enforcement in the Civil and the Common Law Systems. A Case on the Economic Effects of Legal Institutions," Quaderni DSEMS 22-2007, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche, Matematiche e Statistiche, Universita' di Foggia.
- Timo Goeschl & Ole Jürgens, 2014. "Criminalizing environmental offences: when the prosecutor’s helping hand hurts," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 37(2), pages 199-219, April.
- Steven Shavell, 2003. "Economic Analysis of Public Law Enforcement and Criminal Law," NBER Working Papers 9698, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Darren Grant, 2010. "The Simple Economics of Thresholds: Evidence from the Western States 100," Working Papers 1004, Sam Houston State University, Department of Economics and International Business.
- Detotto, Claudio & McCannon, Bryan C. & Vannini, Marco, 2015.
"Evidence of marginal deterrence: Kidnapping and murder in Italy,"
International Review of Law and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 63-67.
- Claudio Detotto & Bryan Mccannon & Vannini Marco, 2015. "« Evidence of marginal deterrence: Kidnapping and murder in Italy »," Post-Print hal-01289349, HAL.
- Steven Shavell, 2005. "Liability for Accidents," NBER Working Papers 11781, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Darren Grant, 2010. "Dead On Arrival: Zero Tolerance Laws Don'T Work," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 48(3), pages 756-770, July.
- BRYAN C. McCANNON, 2009. "Differentiating Between First And Repeat Offenses," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 27(1), pages 76-85, January.
- Garoupa Nuno & Klick Jonathan, 2008. "Differential Victimization: Efficiency and Fairness Justifications for the Felony Murder Rule," Review of Law & Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 4(1), pages 407-418, November.
- Friehe, Tim & Miceli, Thomas J., 2014.
"Marginal deterrence when offenders act sequentially,"
Elsevier, vol. 124(3), pages 523-525.
- Tim Friehe & Thomas J. Miceli, 2014. "Marginal Deterrence When Offenders Act Sequentially," Working papers 2014-09, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Bekkerman, Anton & Gilpin, Gregory A., 2014. "Can equitable punishment be mandated? Estimating impacts of sentencing guidelines on disciplinary disparities," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 51-61.
- Bryan C. McCannon, 2007. "An Economic Theory of College Alcohol and Drug Policies," New York Economic Review, New York State Economics Association (NYSEA), vol. 38(1), pages 18-36.
- Alexander Klein, 2000. "Jail or Fine - Let Them Choose," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0337, Econometric Society.
- Mookherjee, Dilip & Png, I P L, 1994. "Marginal Deterrence in Enforcement of Law," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(5), pages 1039-1066, October.
- Mark White, 2006. "A Kantian critique of neoclassical law and economics," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(2), pages 235-252.
- Lin, Shi-Woei, 2010.
"Self-reporting mechanism for risk regulation,"
Journal of Business Research,
Elsevier, vol. 63(5), pages 528-534, May.
- Robinson, Elizabeth J.Z. & Kumar, Ajay Mahaputra & Albers, Heidi J., 2009. "Optimal Enforcement and Practical Issues of Resource Protection in Developing Countries," Discussion Papers dp-09-08-efd, Resources For the Future.
- C. Detotto & BC. McCannon & M. Vannini, 2013. "A Note on Marginal Deterrence: Evidence," Working Paper CRENoS 201310, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jlstud:v:22:y:1993:i:2:p:345-66. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JLS/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .