The Origins of Utility Regulation and the "Theories of Regulation" Debate
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pistor, Katharina & Xu, Cheng-Gang, 2003. "Law Enforcement under Incomplete Law: Theory and Evidence from Financial Market Regulation," CEPR Discussion Papers 3788, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:hal:journl:hal-00512813 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zakaria, Muhammad & Noureen, Rabia, 2016. "Benchmarking and regulation of power distribution companies in Pakistan," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 1095-1099.
- Malcolm Abbott, 2013. "The Motivation and Effectiveness of Gas Industry Economic Regulation in New South Wales, 1912–39," Australian Economic History Review, Economic History Society of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 53(2), pages 167-186, July.
- Oliver E. Williamson, 2000. "The New Institutional Economics: Taking Stock, Looking Ahead," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 38(3), pages 595-613, September.
- Birke, Franziska, 2007. "Universaldienstregulierung in der Telekommunikation heute: Herausforderungen, Chancen und Risiken ; ein historischer Ansatz," Discussion Papers 114, University of Freiburg, Institute for Transport Economics and Regional Policy.
- Luc Baumstark & Claude Ménard & William Roy & Anne Yvrande-Billon, 2005. "Modes de gestion et efficience des opérateurs dans le secteur des transports urbains de personnes," Post-Print halshs-00103116, HAL.
- Pistor, Katharina & Xu, Cheng-Gang, 2002. "Law enforcement under incomplete law: theory and evidence from financial market regulation," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 3748, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Katharina Pistor & Chenggang Xu, 2002.
"Law Enforcement under Incomplete Law: Theory and Evidence from Financial Market Regulation,"
STICERD - Theoretical Economics Paper Series
442, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Katharina Pistor & Chenggang Xu, 2004. "LAW ENFORCEMENT UNDER INCOMPLETE LAW: Theory and Evidence from Financial Market Regulation," Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings 791, Econometric Society.
- Eduardo Wiesner Durán, 2002. "La evaluación de resultados en la modernización del Estado en América Latina," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 4(6), pages 132-152, January-J.
- Weisman Dennis L., 2016. "What Do Regulators Value?," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 16(4), pages 1-10, October.
- Thomas Lyon & Nathan Wilson, 2012. "Capture or contract? The early years of electric utility regulation," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 225-241, December.
- Dieter Helm & Najma Rajah, 1994. "Water regulation: the periodic review," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 15(2), pages 74-94, May.
- Francesc Trillas, 2008. "Regulatory federalism in network industries," Working Papers 2008/8, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Paul G. Mahoney, 2012. "The Public Utility Pyramids," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 41(1), pages 37-66.
- QUELIN, Bertrand V. & BONARDI, Jean-Philippe, 1999.
"From Rent-Seeking Activities to Economic Activities: The Strategic Transformation of the Deregulated Firm,"
Les Cahiers de Recherche
680, HEC Paris.
- Bertrand Quélin & Jean-Philippe Bonardi, 1999. "From Rent-Seeking Activities to Economic Activities: The Strategic Transformation of the Deregulated Firm," Working Papers hal-00598228, HAL.
- Ralph Sonenshine, 2016. "Effect of Utility Deregulation and Mergers on Consumer Welfare," Working Papers 2016-08, American University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jlawec:v:36:y:1993:i:1:p:289-323. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JLE/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.