The Demand for State Regulation of the Electric Utility Industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Continuing debate over the economic origins of electric utility regulation
by Michael Giberson in Knowledge Problem on 2013-09-24 09:49:37
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Robert A. Taggart, Jr., 1982. "Effects of Regulation on Utility Financing: Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 0866, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul L. Joskow, 2014.
"Incentive Regulation in Theory and Practice: Electricity Distribution and Transmission Networks,"
NBER Chapters,in: Economic Regulation and Its Reform: What Have We Learned?, pages 291-344
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul L Joskow, 2005. "Incentive Regulation In Theory And Practice - Electricity Distribution And Transmission Networks," Working Papers 0514, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Joskow, P.L., 2006. "Incentive Regulation in Theory and Practice: Electricity Distribution and Transmission Networks," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0607, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Thomas W. Hazlett, 1986. "Competition Vs. Franchise Monopoly In Cable Television," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 4(2), pages 80-97, April.
- Ugur, Mehmet, 2009.
"Liberalisation in a world of second best: evidence on European network industries,"
17873, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 13 Oct 2009.
- Ugur, Mehmet, 2009. "Liberalisation in a world of second best: evidence on European network industries," Greenwich Papers in Political Economy 3983, University of Greenwich, Greenwich Political Economy Research Centre.
- Potters, Jan & Sloof, Randolph, 1996.
"Interest groups: A survey of empirical models that try to assess their influence,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 403-442, November.
- Potters, J.J.M. & Sloof, R., 1996. "Interest groups : A survey of empirical models that try to assess their influence," Other publications TiSEM ff27d5d8-f584-4386-a1fc-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Vernon L. Smith, 1988. "Electric Power Deregulation: Background And Prospects," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 6(3), pages 14-24, July.
- Weisman Dennis L., 2016. "What Do Regulators Value?," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 16(4), pages 1-10, October.
- Mixon Jr., Franklin G. & Upadhyaya, Kamal P., 1999. "The impact of economic regulation on attempts to curb expense preference behavior: a micro-data analysis of CEO compensation schemes for electric utilities," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 185-194, April.
- Thomas Lyon & Nathan Wilson, 2012. "Capture or contract? The early years of electric utility regulation," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 225-241, December.
- Faye Steiner, 2004. "The Market Response to Restructuring: A Behavioral Model," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 59-80, January.
- Kitchens, Carl T. & Jaworski, Taylor, 2017.
"Ownership and the price of residential electricity: Evidence from the United States, 1935–1940,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 53-61.
- Carl T. Kitchens & Taylor Jaworski, 2016. "Ownership and the Price of Residential Electricity: Evidence from the United States, 1935-1940," NBER Working Papers 22254, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Upadhyaya, Kamal P. & Raymond, Jeannie E. & Mixon, Franklin Jr., 1997. "The economic theory of regulation versus alternative theories for the electric utilities industry: A simultaneous probit model," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 191-202, August.
- Francesc Trillas, 2008. "Regulatory federalism in network industries," Working Papers 2008/8, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Savitski, David W., 2001. "Initial state regulation of investor-owned utilities," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 683-695, November.
- Sam Peltzman, 1981. "Current Developments in the Economics of Regulation," NBER Chapters,in: Studies in Public Regulation, pages 371-384 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Randall G. Holcombe, 2017. "Political incentives for rent creation," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 62-78, March.
- David Savitski, 2001. "Price Effects of Across-State Regulation of U.S. Electric Utilities," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 18(3), pages 337-350, May.
- Ralph Sonenshine, 2016. "Effect of Utility Deregulation and Mergers on Consumer Welfare," Working Papers 2016-08, American University, Department of Economics.
- Barnett, A.H. & Reutter, Keith A. & Thompson, Henry, 2005. "The first step in restructuring the US electric industry," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 225-235, March.
- Woo, C.K. & Cheng, Y.S. & Law, A. & Zarnikau, J. & Ho, S.T. & Leung, H.Y., 2015. "Consumer support for a public utilities commission in Hong Kong," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 87-97.
- William Boyes & John McDowell, 1989. "The selection of public utility commissioners: A re-examination of the importance of institutional setting," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 61(1), pages 1-13, April.
- Savitski, David W., 2003. "Ownership selection in the US electric utility industry," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 203-223, December.
- Robert Michaels, 2008. "Electricity Market Monitoring and the Economics of Regulation," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 32(3), pages 197-216, May.
- Çetin, Tamer & Yasin Eryigit, Kadir, 2013. "The economic effects of government regulation: Evidence from the New York taxicab market," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 169-177.
- William McEachern, 1987. "Federal advisory commissions in an economic model of representative democracy," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 54(1), pages 41-62, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jlawec:v:21:y:1978:i:2:p:269-95. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JLE/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .