The Chinese Family and Economic Development: Obstacle or Engine?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cucculelli, Marco & Storai, Dimitri, 2015. "Family firms and industrial districts:," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 234-246.
- Vollan, Björn, 2011. "The difference between kinship and friendship: (Field-) experimental evidence on trust and punishment," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 14-25, February.
- William David Brice, 2013. "Family Firm Culture and Performance: Specific Empirical Evidence," International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, vol. 3(1), pages 5-17, January.
- Marianne Bertrand & Antoinette Schoar, 2006. "The Role of Family in Family Firms," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 20(2), pages 73-96, Spring.
- Greif, Avner & Tabellini, Guido, 2017.
"The clan and the corporation: Sustaining cooperation in China and Europe,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 1-35.
- Avner Greif & Guido Tabellini, 2015. "The Clan and the Corporation: Sustaining Cooperation in China and Europe," CESifo Working Paper Series 5233, CESifo Group Munich.
- Tsang, Eric W. K., 2002. "Learning from overseas venturing experience: The case of Chinese family businesses," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 21-40, January.
- Shing-Yi Wang, 2013.
"Marriage Networks, Nepotism, and Labor Market Outcomes in China,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 5(3), pages 91-112, July.
- Shing-Yi Wang, 2011. "Marriage Networks, Nepotism and Labor Market Outcomes in China," Working Papers id:4287, eSocialSciences.
- repec:kap:asiapa:v:35:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10490-017-9515-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stewart, Alex & Miner, Anne S., 2011. "The prospects for family business in research universities," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 3-14, March.
- Basco, Rodrigo, 2015. "Family business and regional development—A theoretical model of regional familiness," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 259-271.
- San Martin-Reyna, J.M. & Duran-Encalada, Jorge A., 2012. "The relationship among family business, corporate governance and firm performance: Evidence from the Mexican stock exchange," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 106-117.
- Juan Manuel San Martin-Reyna & Jorge A. Duran-Encalada, 2015. "Effects of Family Ownership, Debt and Board Composition on Mexican Firms Performance," International Journal of Financial Studies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(1), pages 1-19, March.
- Lisa Keister, 2009. "Organizational research on market transition: A sociological approach," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 26(4), pages 719-742, December.
- Kevin Au & Flora Chiang & Thomas Birtch & Zhujun Ding, 2013. "Incubating the next generation to venture: The case of a family business in Hong Kong," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 749-767, September.
- Susanne Rühle, 2011. "A Different Capitalism for China? The Role of Guanxi and the Family for Chinese Economic Development," Chapters,in: Institutional Variety in East Asia, chapter 8 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- repec:eee:joepsy:v:64:y:2018:i:c:p:105-115 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kumar, Krishna B. & Matsusaka, John G., 2009. "From families to formal contracts: An approach to development," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 106-119, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:ecdecc:v:45:y:1996:i:1:p:1-30. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/EDCC/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .