On Risk, Transactions, and Economic Development in the Semiarid Tropics
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fafchamps, Marcel & Udry, Christopher & Czukas, Katherine, 1998.
"Drought and saving in West Africa: are livestock a buffer stock?,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 273-305, April.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Chris Udry & Katherine Czukas, "undated". "Drought and Saving in West Africa: Are Livestock a Buffer Stock?," Working Papers 97013, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Swallow, Brent M. & Wangila, Justine & Mulatu, Woudyalew & Okello, Onyango & McCarthy, Nancy, 2000. "Collective action in space: assessing how collective action varies across an African landscape," CAPRi working papers 5, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- E. Lance Howe & James J. Murphy & Drew Gerkey & Colin T. West, 2015.
"Indirect Reciprocity, Resource Sharing, and Environmental Risk: Evidence from Field Experiments in Siberia,"
2015-04, University of Alaska Anchorage, Department of Economics.
- E. Lance Howe & James Murphy & Drew Gerkey & Colin West, 2016. "Indirect Reciprocity, Resource Sharing, and Environmental Risk: Evidence from Field Experiments in Siberia," Framed Field Experiments 00596, The Field Experiments Website.
- Nugent, Jeffrey B. & Sanchez, Nicholas, 1999.
"The local variability of rainfall and tribal institutions: the case of Sudan,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 263-291, July.
- Nugent, J. & Sanchez, N., 1995. "The Local Variability of Rainfall and Tribal Institutions: The Case of Sudan," Papers 9517, Southern California - Department of Economics.
- Turner, Matthew D. & Williams, Timothy O., 2002. "Livestock Market Dynamics and Local Vulnerabilities in the Sahel," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 683-705, April.
- Baland, Jean-Marie & Francois, Patrick, 2005.
"Commons as insurance and the welfare impact of privatization,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 89(2-3), pages 211-231, February.
- Jean-Marie Baland & Patrick Francois, 2003. "Commons as Insurance and the Welfare Impact of Privatization," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 03/069, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- BALAND, Jean-Marie & FRANCOIS, Patrick, 2005. "Commons as insurance and the welfare impact of privatization," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1782, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Marcel Fafchamps & Agnes R. Quisumbing, 1999.
"Human Capital, Productivity, and Labor Allocation in Rural Pakistan,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 34(2), pages 369-406.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Agnes R. Quisumbing, "undated". "Human Capital, Productivity, and Labor Allocation in Rural Pakistan," Working Papers 97019, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Fafchamps, Marcel & Quisumbing, Agnes R., 1998. "Human capital, productivity, and labor allocation in rural Pakistan," FCND discussion papers 48, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Philippe Delacote, 2008. "The Safety-net Use of Non Timber Forest Products," Working Papers - Cahiers du LEF 2008-04, Laboratoire d'Economie Forestiere, AgroParisTech-INRA.
- Eggertsson, Thrainn, 1998. "Sources of Risk, Institutions for Survival, and a Game against Nature in Premodern Iceland," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 1-30, January.
- Ersado, Lire, 2006. "Income diversification in Zimbabwe : welfare implications from urban and rural areas," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3964, The World Bank.
- Larson, Donald F. & Plessmann, Frank, 2002. "Do farmers chooseto be inefficient? evidence from Bicol, Philippines," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2787, The World Bank.
- Carter, Michael R., 1991. "Risk, Reciprocity and Conditional Self-Insurance in the Sahel: Measurement and Implications for the Trajectory of Agricultural Development in West Africa," Staff Papers 200542, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Ersado, Lire, 2003. "Income diversification in Zimbabwe," FCND discussion papers 152, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Larson, Donald F. & Plessmann, Frank, 2009. "Do farmers choose to be inefficient? Evidence from Bicol," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 24-32, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:ecdecc:v:37:y:1989:i:4:p:719-36. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/EDCC/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.