Measuring Global Poverty: Why PPP Methods Matter
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fischer, Christoph & Hossfeld, Oliver, 2014.
"A consistent set of multilateral productivity approach-based indicators of price competitiveness,"
10/2014, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Fischer, Christoph & Hossfeld, Oliver, 2014. "A consistent set of multilateral productivity approach-based indicators of price competitiveness," Working Paper Series 1706, European Central Bank.
- Martin Ravallion & Shaohua Chen & Prem Sangraula, 2007.
"New Evidence on the Urbanization of Global Poverty,"
Population and Development Review,
The Population Council, Inc., vol. 33(4), pages 667-701.
- Ravallion, Martin & Chen, Shaohua & Sangraula, Prem, 2007. "New evidence on the urbanization of global poverty," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4199, The World Bank.
- David Warner & D. S. Prasada Rao & William E. Griffiths & Duangkamon Chotikapanich, 2014. "Global Inequality; Levels and Trends, 1993–2005: How Sensitive are These to the Choice of PPPs and Real Income Measures?," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 60(S2), pages 281-304, November.
- Isis Gaddis & Stephan Klasen, 2014.
"Economic development, structural change, and women’s labor force participation:,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 27(3), pages 639-681, July.
- Isis Gaddis & Stephan Klasen, 2011. "Economic Development, Structural Change and Women’s Labor Force Participation A Reexamination of the Feminization U Hypothesis," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 71, Courant Research Centre PEG, revised 25 Jul 2012.
- Isis Gaddis & Stephan Klasen, 2013. "Economic Development, Structural Change and Women’s Labor Force Participation A Reexamination of the Feminization U Hypothesis," Working Papers 1302, New School for Social Research, Department of Economics.
- Duangkamon Chotikapanich & William Griffiths & Wasana Karunarathne & D.S. Prasada Rao, 2013.
"Calculating Poverty Measures from the Generalised Beta Income Distribution,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 89, pages 48-66, June.
- Duangkamon Chotikapanich, William Griffiths, Wasana Karunarathne, D.S. Prasada Rao, 2012. "Calculating Poverty Measures from the Generalized Beta Income Distribution," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 1154, The University of Melbourne.
- Branko Milanovic & Leonardo S. Oliveira & Debora F. De Souza & Luciana A. Dos Santos & Marta Antunes & Nícia C. H. Brendolin & Viviane C. C. Quintaes, 2016. "Construction of a Consumption Aggregate Based on Information from POF 2008-2009 and Its Use in the Measurement of Welfare, Poverty, Inequality and Vulnerability of Families," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 62, pages 179-210, August.
- Sudhir Anand & Paul Segal, 2014. "The Global Distribution of Income," Economics Series Working Papers 714, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Camelia Minoiu & Sanjay Reddy, 2014. "Kernel density estimation on grouped data: the case of poverty assessment," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 12(2), pages 163-189, June.
- Martin Ravallion & Shaohua Chen, 2011. "Weakly Relative Poverty," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 93(4), pages 1251-1261, November.
- Marchand, J. & Smeeding, T., 2016. "Poverty and Aging," Handbook of the Economics of Population Aging, Elsevier.
- Shaohua Chen & Martin Ravallion, 2010.
"The Developing World is Poorer than We Thought, But No Less Successful in the Fight Against Poverty,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 125(4), pages 1577-1625.
- Chen, Shaohua & Ravallion, Martin, 2008. "The developing world is poorer than we thought, but no less successful in the fight against poverty," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4703, The World Bank.
- Martin Ravallion & Shaohua Chen & Prem Sangraula, 2009. "Dollar a Day Revisited," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 23(2), pages 163-184, June.
- Zaytsev, Alexander, 2014.
"Душевой Ввп И Производительность Труда В России: Было Ли Догоняющее Развитие?
[Russia`s per capita and per hour GDP dynamics: have we seen the cathing-up?]," MPRA Paper 56312, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Christoph Lakner & Branko Milanovic, 2016.
"Global Income Distribution: From the Fall of the Berlin Wall to the Great Recession,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 30(2), pages 203-232.
- Lakner, Christoph & Milanovic, Branko, 2013. "Global income distribution : from the fall of the Berlin Wall to the great recession," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6719, The World Bank.
- Sudhir Anand & Paul Segal, 2008. "What Do We Know about Global Income Inequality?," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 46(1), pages 57-94, March.
- Martin Ravallion, 2011.
"A Comparative Perspective on Poverty Reduction in Brazil, China, and India,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 26(1), pages 71-104, February.
- Ravallion, Martin, 2009. "A comparative perspective on poverty reduction in Brazil, China and India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5080, The World Bank.
- Ferreira, Francisco H.G. & Ravallion, Martin, 2008. "Global poverty and inequality : a review of the evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4623, The World Bank.
- Christoph Lakner & Branko Milanovic, 2015. "La distribución global del ingreso. De la caída del muro de Berlín a la gran recesión," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 17(32), pages 71-128, January-J.
- John Gibson & Trinh Le & Bonggeun Kim, 2017.
"Prices, Engel Curves, and Time-Space Deflation: Impacts on Poverty and Inequality in Vietnam,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 31(2), pages 504-530.
- Gibson,John David & Le,Trinh & Kim,Bonggeun, 2017. "Prices, Engel curves, and time-space deflation : impacts on poverty and inequality in Vietnam," Policy Research Working Paper Series 8097, The World Bank.
- David Warner & Prasada Rao & William E. Griffiths & Duangkamon Chotikapanich, 2011. "Global Inequality: Levels and Trends, 1993-2005," Discussion Papers Series 436, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Notermans Ton, 2015. "The EU's Convergence Dilemma," Baltic Journal of European Studies, De Gruyter Open, vol. 5(1), pages 36-55, February.
- Fischer, Christoph & Hossfeld, Oliver, 2014. "A consistent set of multilateral productivity approach-based indicators of price competitiveness – Results for Pacific Rim economies," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(PA), pages 152-169.
More about this item
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- O57 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Comparative Studies of Countries
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tpr:restat:v:95:y:2013:i:3:p:813-824. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kristin Waites). General contact details of provider: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .