The Consequences of Industrialization: Evidence from Water Pollution and Digestive Cancers in China
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gourdon, Julien & Monjon, Stéphanie & Poncet, Sandra, 2016. "Trade policy and industrial policy in China: What motivates public authorities to apply restrictions on exports?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 105-120.
- Joshua Graff Zivin & Matthew Neidell, 2013. "Environment, Health, and Human Capital," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 51(3), pages 689-730, September.
- Andreas Schaefer, 2016. "Survival to Adulthood and the Growth Drag of Pollution," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 16/241, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Christopher Hansman & Jonas Hjort & Gianmarco León, 2015.
"Firm's response and unintended health consequences of industrial regulations,"
Economics Working Papers
1469, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Christopher Hansman & Jonas Hjort & Gianmarco León, 2015. "Firms' Response and Unintended Health Consequences of Industrial Regulations," Working Papers 809, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Matthew E. Kahn & Pei Li & Daxuan Zhao, 2013. "Pollution Control Effort at China's River Borders: When Does Free Riding Cease?," NBER Working Papers 19620, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wei, Xinjie & Lin, Wanlong & Hennessy, David A., 2015.
"Biosecurity and disease management in China’s animal agriculture sector,"
Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 52-64.
- Xinjie Wei & Wanlong Lin & David A. Hennessy, 2013. "Biosecurity and Disease Management in China's Animal Agriculture Sector," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 13-wp542, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- W. Walker Hanlon & Yuan Tian, 2015. "Killer Cities: Past and Present," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 105(5), pages 570-575, May.
- Iris Claus & Les Oxley & Siqi Zheng & Cong Sun & Ye Qi & Matthew E. Kahn, 2014.
"The Evolving Geography Of China'S Industrial Production: Implications For Pollution Dynamics And Urban Quality Of Life,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(4), pages 709-724, September.
- Siqi Zheng & Cong Sun & Ye Qi & Matthew E. Kahn, 2013. "The Evolving Geography of China's Industrial Production: Implications for Pollution Dynamics and Urban Quality of Life," NBER Working Papers 19624, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brainerd, Elizabeth & Menon, Nidhiya, 2012.
"Seasonal Effects of Water Quality on Infant and Child Health in India,"
IZA Discussion Papers
6559, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Elizabeth Brainerd, 2012. "Seasonal Effects of Water Quality on Infant and Child Health in India," Working Papers id:5119, eSocialSciences.
- Liu, Ying & Huang, Jikun & Zikhali, Precious, 2016. "The bittersweet fruits of industrialization in rural China: The cost of environment and the benefit from off-farm employment," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 1-10.
- Wu, Haoyi & Guo, Huanxiu & Zhang, Bing & Bu, Maoliang, 2017. "Westward movement of new polluting firms in China: Pollution reduction mandates and location choice," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 119-138.
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:142:y:2017:i:c:p:130-147 is not listed on IDEAS
- Brian Feld & Sebastian Galiani, 2015. "Climate change in Latin America and the Caribbean: policy options and research priorities," Latin American Economic Review, Springer;Centro de Investigaciòn y Docencia Económica (CIDE), vol. 24(1), pages 1-39, December.
- Krupnick, Alan & Wang, Zhongmin & Wang, Yushuang, 2014. "Environmental risks of shale gas development in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 117-125.
- Achyuta Adhvaryu & Prashant Bharadwaj & James Fenske & Anant Nyshadham & Richard Stanley, 2016. "Dust and Death: Evidence from the West African Harmattan," CSAE Working Paper Series 2016-03, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Brainerd, Elizabeth & Menon, Nidhiya, 2014.
"Seasonal effects of water quality: The hidden costs of the Green Revolution to infant and child health in India,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 49-64.
- Elizabeth Brainerd & Nidhiya Menon, 2013. "Seasonal Effects of Water Quality: The Hidden Costs of the Green Revolution to Infant and Child Health in India," Working Papers 64, Brandeis University, Department of Economics and International Businesss School.
- Jiang, Liangliang & Lin, Chen & Lin, Ping, 2014. "The determinants of pollution levels: Firm-level evidence from Chinese manufacturing," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 118-142.
- Siqi Zheng & Matthew E. Kahn, 2013. "Understanding China's Urban Pollution Dynamics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 51(3), pages 731-772, September.
- David A. Keiser & Joseph S. Shapiro, 2017. "Consequences of the Clean Water Act and the Demand for Water Quality," NBER Working Papers 23070, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Avraham Ebenstein & Jian Zhang & Margaret S. McMillan & Kevin Chen, 2011. "Chemical Fertilizer and Migration in China," NBER Working Papers 17245, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:eee:jeeman:v:86:y:2017:i:c:p:93-120 is not listed on IDEAS
- Huixuan Li & Yingru Li & Ming-Kuo Lee & Zhongwei Liu & Changhong Miao, 2015. "Spatiotemporal Analysis of Heavy Metal Water Pollution in Transitional China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(7), pages 1-21, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tpr:restat:v:94:y:2012:i:1:p:186-201. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kristin Waites). General contact details of provider: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .