Reference Incomes, Loss Aversion, and Physician Behavior
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Georgellis, Yannis & Gregoriou, Andros & Tsitsianis, Nikolaos, 2008. "Adaptation towards reference values: A non-linear perspective," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 67(3-4), pages 768-781, September.
- Chambers, Valrie & Spencer, Marilyn, 2008. "Does changing the timing of a yearly individual tax refund change the amount spent vs. saved?," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 856-862, December.
- Ozan Eksi & Neslihan Kaya, 2017.
"Life Satisfaction and Keeping Up with Other Countries,"
Journal of Happiness Studies,
Springer, vol. 18(1), pages 199-228, February.
- Ozan Eksi & Neslihan Kaya Eksi, 2016. "Life Satisfaction and Keeping up with Other Countries," Working Papers 1606, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Fang, Hai & Rizzo, John A., 2009. "Competition and physician-enabled demand: The role of managed care," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 463-474, October.
- Caporale, Guglielmo Maria & Georgellis, Yannis & Tsitsianis, Nicholas & Yin, Ya Ping, 2009.
"Income and happiness across Europe: Do reference values matter?,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 42-51, February.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Yannis Georgellis & Nicholas Tsitsianis & Ya Ping Yin, 2007. "Income and Happiness across Europe: Do Reference Values Matter?," CESifo Working Paper Series 2146, CESifo Group Munich.
- Amitabh Chandra & Jonathan Skinner, 2012.
"Technology Growth and Expenditure Growth in Health Care,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 50(3), pages 645-680, September.
- Amitabh Chandra & Jonathan S. Skinner, 2011. "Technology Growth and Expenditure Growth in Health Care," NBER Working Papers 16953, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anthony Scott & Peter Sivey, 2017. "Motivation and Competition in Health Care," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2017n05, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Rizzo, John A. & Zeckhauser, Richard J., 2007. "Pushing incomes to reference points: Why do male doctors earn more?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 514-536, July.
- Godager, Geir & Wiesen, Daniel, 2013.
"Profit or patients’ health benefit? Exploring the heterogeneity in physician altruism,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1105-1116.
- Godager, Geir & Wiesen, Daniel, 2011. "Profit or Patients' Health Benefit? Exploring the Heterogeneity in Physician Altruism," HERO On line Working Paper Series 2011:7, Oslo University, Health Economics Research Programme.
- Erzo F. P. Luttmer, 2005.
"Neighbors as Negatives: Relative Earnings and Well-Being,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 120(3), pages 963-1002.
- Erzo F.P. Luttmer, 2004. "Neighbors as Negatives: Relative Earnings and Well-Being," NBER Working Papers 10667, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Luttmer, Erzo F. P., 2004. "Neighbors as Negatives: Relative Earnings and Well-Being," Working Paper Series rwp04-029, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Liam C. Malloy, 2015. "Loss aversion, education, and intergenerational mobility," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(3), pages 318-337, June.
- Kuegler, Alice, 2009. "A Curse of Comparison? Evidence on Reference Groups for Relative Income Concerns," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4820, The World Bank.
- Rablen, Matthew D., 2010. "Performance targets, effort and risk-taking," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 687-697, August.
- Aleksandra Gregoric & Saso Polanec & Sergeja Slapnicar, 2008. "Pay me Right: Reference Values and Executive Compensation," LICOS Discussion Papers 22008, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Huffman, David B. & Barenstein, Matias, 2004. "Riches to Rags Every Month? The Fall in Consumption Expenditures Between Paydays," IZA Discussion Papers 1430, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Frank Eijkenaar, 2013. "Key issues in the design of pay for performance programs," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 14(1), pages 117-131, February.
- Georgellis, Yannis & Gregoriou, Andros & Tsitsianis, Nikolaos, 2009. "Reference-dependent preferences in the public and private sectors: A nonlinear perspective," MPRA Paper 17021, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alexandre Mas, 2006. "Pay, Reference Points, and Police Performance," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 121(3), pages 783-821.
- Kaus, Wolfhard, 2013.
"Conspicuous consumption and “race”: Evidence from South Africa,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 63-73.
- Wolfhard Kaus, 2010. "Conspicuous Consumption and Race: Evidence from South Africa," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2010-03, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Van Gestel, R.; MÃ¼ller, T.; Bosmans, J.;, 2017. "Learning from failure in healthcare: dynamic panel evidence of a physician shock effect," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 17/24, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Asena Caner, 2015. "Happiness, Comparison Effects, and Expectations in Turkey," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 16(5), pages 1323-1345, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tpr:restat:v:85:y:2003:i:4:p:909-922. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kristin Waites). General contact details of provider: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .