Reexamining Criminal Behavior: The Importance of Omitted Variable Bias
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Loureiro, Paulo R.A. & Mendonça, Mário Jorge Cardoso de & Moreira, Tito Belchior Silva & Sachsida, Adolfo, 2009. "Crime, economic conditions, social interactions and family heritage," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 202-209, September.
- Eide, Erling & Rubin, Paul H. & Shepherd, Joanna M., 2006. "Economics of Crime," Foundations and Trends(R) in Microeconomics, now publishers, vol. 2(3), pages 205-279, December.
- Nicolas Vaillant & François-Charles Wolff, 2010.
"Does punishment of minor sexual offences deter rapes? Longitudinal evidence from France,"
European Journal of Law and Economics,
Springer, vol. 30(1), pages 59-71, August.
- Nicolas Gérard Vaillant & François-Charles Wolff, 2009. "Does punishment of minor sexual offences deter rapes? Longitudinal evidence from France," Working Papers hal-00424479, HAL.
- Entorf, Horst & Spengler, Hannes, 2008.
"Is Being 'Soft on Crime' the Solution to Rising Crime Rates? Evidence from Germany,"
IZA Discussion Papers
3710, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Horst Entorf & Hannes Spengler, 2008. "Is Being 'Soft on Crime' the Solution to Rising Crime Rates?: Evidence from Germany," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 837, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Jonathan E Leightner & Tomoo Inoue, 2014. "Political Instability and the Effectiveness of Economic Policies: The Case of Thailand from 1993-2013," Economy, Asian Online Journal Publishing Group, vol. 1(1), pages 20-31.
- John R. Lott, 2013. "Principles and standards for the benefit–cost analysis of crime," Chapters,in: Principles and Standards for Benefit–Cost Analysis, chapter 4, pages 153-171 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Earl L. Grinols & David B. Mustard, 2006. "Casinos, Crime, and Community Costs," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 88(1), pages 28-45, February.
- Kelaher, Richard & Sarafidis, Vasilis, 2011. "Crime and Punishment Revisited," MPRA Paper 28213, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Entorf, Horst, 2011. "Crime, Prosecutors, and the Certainty of Conviction," IZA Discussion Papers 5670, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lin, Ming-Jen, 2009. "More police, less crime: Evidence from US state data," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 73-80, June.
- Maurice J.G. Bun & Vasilis Sarafidis & Richard Kelaher, 2016. "Crime, Deterrence and Punishment Revisited," UvA-Econometrics Working Papers 16-02, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Dept. of Econometrics.
- William Harbaugh & Naci Mocan & Michael Visser, 2013.
"Theft and Deterrence,"
Journal of Labor Research,
Springer, vol. 34(4), pages 389-407, December.
- William T. Harbaugh & Naci H. Mocan & Michael S. Visser, 2011. "Theft and Deterrence," NBER Working Papers 17059, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Harbaugh, William T. & Mocan, Naci & Visser, Michael S., 2011. "Theft and Deterrence," IZA Discussion Papers 5813, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kwabena Gyimah-Brempong, 2006. "Neighborhood income, alcohol availability, and crime rates," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer;National Economic Association, vol. 33(3), pages 21-44, March.
- Zimmerman, Paul R., 2010. "Deterrence from self-protection measures in the ‘market model’ of crime: dynamic panel data estimates from employment in private security occupations," MPRA Paper 26187, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carlisle E. Moody & Thomas B. Marvell, 2010. "On the Choice of Control Variables in the Crime Equation," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 72(5), pages 696-715, October.
- Naci Mocan & Kaj Gittings, 2010.
"The Impact of Incentives on Human Behavior: Can We Make it Disappear? The Case of the Death Penalty,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Economics of Crime: Lessons for and from Latin America, pages 379-418
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Naci H. Mocan & R. Kaj Gittings, 2006. "The Impact of Incentives on Human Behavior: Can We Make It Disappear? The Case of the Death Penalty," NBER Working Papers 12631, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Corman, Hope & Mocan, Naci, 2005. "Carrots, Sticks, and Broken Windows," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 48(1), pages 235-266, April.
- Entorf, Horst, 2012. "Certainty and Severity of Sanctions in Classical and Behavioral Models of Deterrence: A Survey," IZA Discussion Papers 6516, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Entorf, Horst, 2008. "Wirkung und Effizienz von Strafrecht: "Was geht?" - bei jungen Gewalttätern?," ZEW Discussion Papers 08-056, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Lau, Evan & Hamzah, Siti Nur Zahara, 2012. "Crimonometric Analysis: Testing the Deterrence Hypothesis in Sabah," MPRA Paper 39297, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jonathan E. Leightner, 2013. "The Changing Effectiveness of Monetary Policy," Economies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 1(3), pages 1-16, November.
- Helen Tauchen, 2010. "Estimating the Supply of Crime: Recent Advances," Chapters,in: Handbook on the Economics of Crime, chapter 2 Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tpr:restat:v:85:y:2003:i:1:p:205-211. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kristin Waites). General contact details of provider: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .