The Effects of Colleges and Universities on Local Labor Markets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anselin, Luc & Varga, Attila & Acs, Zoltan, 1997. "Local Geographic Spillovers between University Research and High Technology Innovations," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 422-448, November.
- Jun Koo & Tae-Eun Kim, 2009. "When R&D matters for regional growth: A tripod approach," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 88(4), pages 825-840, November.
- Maria Abreu & Pelin Demirel & Vadim Grinevich & Mine Karataş-Özkan, 2016. "Entrepreneurial practices in research-intensive and teaching-led universities," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 47(3), pages 695-717, October.
- Shimeng Liu, 2015. "Spillovers from Universities: Evidence from the Land-Grant Program," Working Paper 9410, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
- Michal Franta & Martin Guzi, 2008.
"Unequal Access to Higher Education in the Czech Republic: The Role of Spatial Distribution of Universities,"
CERGE-EI Working Papers
wp350, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Franta, Michal & Guzi, Martin, 2012. "Unequal Access to Higher Education in the Czech Republic: The Role of Spatial Distribution of Universities," IZA Discussion Papers 6285, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Yolanda K. Kodrzycki, 1999. "Geographic shifts in higher education," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Jul, pages 27-47.
- Varga, Attila, 2004.
"Az egyetemi kutatások regionális gazdasági hatásai a nemzetközi szakirodalom tükrében
[Regional economic effects of university researches in the light of international literature]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(3), pages 259-275.
- Rego, Conceição & Caleiro, António, 2009. "On the spatial diffusion of knowledge by universities located in small and medium sized towns," MPRA Paper 16241, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Do, Chau, 2004. "The effects of local colleges on the quality of college attended," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 249-257, June.
- Edward B. Montgomery, 1993. "Pattern in Regional Labor Market Adjustment: The United States vs. Japan," NBER Working Papers 4414, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Malpezzi, Stephen, 2001. "NIMBYs and Knowledge: Urban Regulation and the "New Economy"," Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy, Working Paper Series qt7d81r1v9, Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy.
- Daniel Felsenstein, 2002. "Do high technology agglomerations encourage urban sprawl?," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 36(4), pages 663-682.
- Shawn Kantor & Alexander Whalley, 2009. "Do Universities Generate Agglomeration Spillovers? Evidence from Endowment Value Shocks," NBER Working Papers 15299, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aurora Galego & António Caleiro, 2009.
"Understanding the Transition to Work for First Degree University Graduates in Portugal: The case of the University of Évora,"
Economics Working Papers
06_2009, University of Évora, Department of Economics (Portugal).
- Galego, Aurora & Caleiro, António, 2009. "Understanding the Transition to Work for First Degree University Graduates in Portugal -- The Case of the University of Évora," EconStor Preprints 144149, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
- repec:bla:rgscpp:v:9:y:2017:i:1:p:7-23 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vadim Grinevich, 2013. "Region-specific productivity competitiveness and the universityindustry interface," Chapters,in: Knowledge Commercialization and Valorization in Regional Economic Development, chapter 9, pages 184-208 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Kristinn Hermannsson, 2015. "Expenditure and Displacement effects of Students in the Periphery: Impact on the Scottish Highlands and Islands," ERSA conference papers ersa15p1601, European Regional Science Association.
- Woodward, Douglas & Figueiredo, Octavio & Guimaraes, Paulo, 2006. "Beyond the Silicon Valley: University R&D and high-technology location," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 15-32, July.
- Rupert Waters & Helen Lawton Smith, 2014. "Universities and science and engineering labour markets in high-technology local economies: the cases of Oxfordshire and Cambridgeshire," Chapters,in: Knowledge, Innovation and Space, chapter 11, pages 265-286 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Michael J. Rizzo, 2005. "The public interest in higher education," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 19-45.
- Stephen Malpezzi, 2001.
"NIMBYs and Knowledge: Urban Regulation and the "New Economy","
Wisconsin-Madison CULER working papers
01-4, University of Wisconsin Center for Urban Land Economic Research.
- Stephen Malpezzi, 2001. "NIMBYs and Knowledge: Urban Regulation and the "New Economy"," Wisconsin-Madison CULER working papers 01-6, University of Wisconsin Center for Urban Land Economic Research.
- Beeson, Patricia E. & DeJong, David N. & Troesken, Werner, 2001. "Population growth in U.S. counties, 1840-1990," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 669-699, November.
- Maria Abreu & Alessandra Faggian & Philip McCann, 2011. "Migration and inter-industry mobility of UK graduates: Effect on earnings and career satisfaction," ERSA conference papers ersa11p118, European Regional Science Association.
- Torben Schubert & Henning Kroll, 2016. "Universities’ effects on regional GDP and unemployment: The case of Germany," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 95(3), pages 467-489, August.
- Liu, Shimeng, 2015. "Spillovers from universities: Evidence from the land-grant program," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 25-41.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tpr:restat:v:75:y:1993:i:4:p:753-61. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kristin Waites). General contact details of provider: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.