Cost Functions for a Service Firm with Variable Quality and Stochastic Demand: The Case of Hospitals
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 63 (1981)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/|
|Order Information:||Web: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journal-home.tcl?issn=00346535|
- William P. Rogerson, 1993. "Choice of Treatment Intensities by a Nonprofit Hospital Under Prospective Pricing," Discussion Papers 1069, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Rodríguez-Álvarez, Ana & Roibás, David & Wall, Alan, 2009. "Factors determining the response of hospitals to demand uncertainty," Efficiency Series Papers 2009/04, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Dranove, David & Sfekas, Andrew, 2008. "Start spreading the news: A structural estimate of the effects of New York hospital report cards," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1201-1207, September.
- Jonathan S. Skinner & John Wennberg, 2000.
"How Much Is Enough? Efficiency and Medicare Spending in the Last Six Months of Life,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Changing Hospital Industry: Comparing For-Profit and Not-for-Profit Institutions, pages 169-194
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jonathan Skinner & John E. Wennberg, 1998. "How Much is Enough? Efficiency and Medicare Spending in the Last Six Months of Life," NBER Working Papers 6513, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dranove, David & Lindrooth, Richard, 2003. "Hospital consolidation and costs: another look at the evidence," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 983-997, November.
- Gaynor, Martin & Anderson, Gerard F., 1995. "Uncertain demand, the structure of hospital costs, and the cost of empty hospital beds," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 291-317, August.
- Martin Gaynor & Gerard F. Anderson, 1993. "Uncertain Demand, The Structure of Hospital Costs, and the Cost of EmptyHospital Beds," NBER Working Papers 4460, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- C. A. Knox Lovell & Ana Rodríguez-Álvarez & Alan Wall, 2009. "The effects of stochastic demand and expense preference behaviour on public hospital costs and excess capacity," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(2), pages 227-235.
- Lovell, Knox & Rodríguez-Álvarez, Ana & Wall, Alan, 2007. "The effects of Stochastic Demand and Expense Preference Behaviour on Public Hospital Cost and Excess Capacity," Efficiency Series Papers 2007/06, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Kurup, Hari K K, 2010. "On the estimation of hospital cost: the approach," MPRA Paper 22767, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thomas Schaub, 1986. "Bestimmungsfaktoren der Kosten eines Allgemeinspitals," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 122(IV), pages 641-656, December.
- Jayasree Basu & Bernard Friedman, 2007. "A re-examination of distance as a proxy for severity of illness and the implications for differences in utilization by race|ethnicity," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(7), pages 687-701.
- Siciliani, Luigi & Stanciole, Anderson & Jacobs, Rowena, 2009. "Do waiting times reduce hospital costs?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 771-780, July.
- Luigi Siciliani & Anderson Stanciole & Rowena Jacobs, 2008. "Do waiting times reduce hospital costs?," Discussion Papers 08/02, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Zhong, Zhen & Chen, Shufen & Kong, Xiangzhi & Tracy, Megan, 2014. "Why improving agrifood quality is difficult in China: Evidence from dairy industry," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 74-83.
- Alvaro Almeida & Joana Cima, 2015. "Demand uncertainty and hospital costs: an application to Portuguese public hospitals," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 16(1), pages 35-45, January.
- Daniel Friesner & Robert Rosenman, 2002. "A Dynamic Property Rights Theory of the Firm," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 311-333.
- Daniel Friesner & Matthew McPherson & Robert Rosenman, 2006. "Are Hospitals Seasonally Inefficient? Evidence from Washington State Hospitals," Working Papers 2006-3, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tpr:restat:v:63:y:1981:i:4:p:620-24. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kristin Waites)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed