Speculative Price: Economic Welfare and the Idiot of Chance
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:ecmode:v:64:y:2017:i:c:p:312-321 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dwight R. Sanders & Philip Garcia & Raymond M. Leuthold, 1998. "The Forecasting Value of New Crop Futures: A Decision-Making Framework," Finance 9805003, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guney, Selin, 2015. "An evaluation of price forecasts of the cattle market under structural changes," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205109, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Revoredo-Giha, Cesar & Zuppiroli, Marco, 2013.
"Commodity futures markets: are they an effective price risk management tool for the European wheat supply chain?,"
Bio-based and Applied Economics Journal,
Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA), vol. 0(Issue 3), pages 1-19, December.
- Revoredo-Giha, C. & Zuppiroli, M., 2013. "Commodity futures markets: are they an effective price risk management tool for the European wheat supply chain ?," 2013 Second Congress, June 6-7, 2013, Parma, Italy 149773, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA).
- Sung No & Michael Salassi, 2009. "A Sequential Rationality Test of USDA Preliminary Price Estimates for Selected Program Crops: Rice, Soybeans, and Wheat," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 15(4), pages 470-482, November.
- Skold, Karl Durwood, 1989. "The integration of alternative information systems: an application to the Hogs and Pigs report," ISU General Staff Papers 1989010108000010239, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Dwight R. Sanders & Scott H. Irwin & Raymond M. Leuthold, 1997. "Noise Traders, Market Sentiment, and Futures Price Behavior," Finance 9707001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sanders, Dwight R. & Manfredo, Mark R. & Boris, Keith, 2009. "Evaluating information in multiple horizon forecasts: The DOE's energy price forecasts," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 189-196.
- Anthony Becker & Rebecca Judge, 2014. "Evidence of Distortionary Effects of Decoupled Payments in U.S. Indica Rice Production," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 42(3), pages 265-275, September.
- Javier Garcia-Verdugo & Meliyara Sirex Consuegra, 2013. "Estimating functional efficiency in energy futures markets," Economics and Business Letters, Oviedo University Press, vol. 2(3), pages 105-115.
- Carter, Colin A. & Rausser, Gordon C., 1983. "Lead-lag price relationships between thinly and heavily traded commodity futures markets," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt0xk1k6bd, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Sanders, Dwight R. & Manfredo, Mark R. & Boris, Keith, 2008. "Accuracy and efficiency in the U.S. Department of Energy's short-term supply forecasts," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 1192-1207, May.
- Koo, Won W. & Lehman, James R., 1984. "Effects of Government Programs on Corn, Soybeans, and Wheat Production in the U.S," Agricultural Economics Reports 23141, North Dakota State University, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics.
- Rausser, Gordon C & Walraven, Nicholas A, 1990.
"Linkages among Commodity Futures Markets and Dynamic Welfare Analysis,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 72(4), pages 631-639, November.
- Rausser, Gordon C. & Walraven, Nicholas A., 1990. "Linkages among commodity futures markets and dynamic welfare analysis," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt3p3028t6, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:15:y:2009:i:4:p:470-482 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rausser, Gordon C. & Walraven, Nicholas, 1988. "Dynamic welfare analysis and commodity futures markets overshooting," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt7xc0k7s1, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tpr:restat:v:63:y:1981:i:2:p:223-32. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ann Olson). General contact details of provider: https://www.mitpressjournals.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.