Spending for Education: The Exercise of Public Choice
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Donald Haurin & H. Gill, 1984. "The spatial distribution of public services: A structural model of voting, educational production, and the government's allocation of educational inputs," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 44(3), pages 481-500, January.
- Maria da Conceição Sampaio e Sousa, 2011. "Locally Provided Public Schooling in Brazilian Municipalities," Economia, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics], vol. 12(3), pages 427-444.
- Cutler, David M & Elmendorf, Douglas W & Zeckhauser, Richard J, 1993. "Demographic Characteristics and the Public Bundle," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 48(Supplemen), pages 178-198.
- Burton Abrams & William Dougan, 1986. "The effects of constitutional restraints on governmental spending," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 49(2), pages 101-116, January.
- Rhee, Se-Koo, 1996. "The impact of intergovernmental grants-in-aid on public school expenditure under the segregated school system," ISU General Staff Papers 1996010108000012396, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Jane Leuthold, 1988. "A forecasting model for state expenditures," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 56(1), pages 45-55, January.
- Michael C. Lovell, 1999. "Inequality Within and Among Nations," Journal of Income Distribution, Journal of Income Distribution, vol. 8(1), pages 1-1, June.
- Manabu Nose, 2017.
"Estimation of drivers of public education expenditure: Baumol’s effect revisited,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 24(3), pages 512-535, June.
- Manabu Nose, 2015. "Estimation of Drivers of Public Education Expenditure; Baumol’s Effect Revisited," IMF Working Papers 15/178, International Monetary Fund.
- Falch, Torberg & Rattso, Jorn, 1999. "Local public choice of school spending: disaggregating the demand function for educational services," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 361-373, June.
- George Boyne, 1987. "Median voters, political systems and public policies: An empirical test," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 53(3), pages 201-219, January.
- John Creedy, 1994. "Financing higher education: public choice and social welfare," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 15(3), pages 87-108, August.
- Oates, Wallace E., 2005. "Property taxation and local public spending: the renter effect," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 419-431, May.
- Roberto Dell’Anno & Jorge Martinez-Vazquez, 2013. "A Behavioral Local Public Finance Perspective on the Renter’s Illusion Hypothesis," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper1303, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Miller, Cynthia, 1996. "Demographics and spending for public education: a test of interest group influence," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 175-185, April.
- Stair, Anthony & Rephann, Terance J. & Heberling, Matt, 2006. "Demand for public education: Evidence from a rural school district," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 521-531, October.
- Robert Inman, 1981. "On setting the agenda for Pennsylvania school finance reform: An exercise in giving policy advice," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 36(3), pages 449-474, January.
- Brunner, Eric J. & Ross, Stephen L. & Simonsen, Becky K., 2015.
"Homeowners, renters and the political economy of property taxation,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 38-49.
- Eric J. Brunner & Stephen L. Ross & Rebecca K. Simonsen, 2013. "Homeowners, Renters and the Political Economy of Property Taxation," Working papers 2013-30, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- David Sjoquist, 1981. "A median voter analysis of variations in the use of property taxes among local governments," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 273-285, January.
- Kenneth Greene, 1982. "The median voter and his elasticity of substitution," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 39(2), pages 283-289, January.
- Rodolfo Gonzalez & Stephen Mehay, 1985. "Bureaucracy and the divisibility of local public output," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 89-101, January.
- repec:eee:labchp:v:1:y:1986:i:c:p:357-386 is not listed on IDEAS
- Robert Inman, 1978. "Testing political economy’s ‘as if’ proposition: is the median income voter really decisive?," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 33(4), pages 45-65, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tpr:restat:v:60:y:1978:i:4:p:487-95. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kristin Waites). General contact details of provider: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .