Lying About Borrowing
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Greene, Claire & Schuh, Scott & Stavins, Joanna, 2017. "The 2015 Survey of Consumer Payment Choice: summary results," Research Data Report 17-3, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Blattman, Christopher & Jamison, Julian & Koroknay-Palicz, Tricia & Rodrigues, Katherine & Sheridan, Margaret, 2016.
"Measuring the measurement error: A method to qualitatively validate survey data,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 99-112.
- Christopher Blattman & Julian C. Jamison & Tricia Koroknay-Palicz & Katherine Rodrigues & Margaret Sheridan, 2015. "Measuring the Measurement Error: A Method to Qualitatively Validate Survey Data," NBER Working Papers 21447, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shinsuke Ikeda & Myong-Il Kang, 2015. "Hyperbolic Discounting, Borrowing Aversion and Debt Holding," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 66(4), pages 421-446, December.
- Stephan Meier & Charles Sprenger, 2010.
"Present-Biased Preferences and Credit Card Borrowing,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 2(1), pages 193-210, January.
- Meier, Stephan & Sprenger, Charles, 2009. "Present-Biased Preferences and Credit Card Borrowing," IZA Discussion Papers 4198, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Karlan, Dean S. & Zinman, Jonathan, 2012.
"List randomization for sensitive behavior: An application for measuring use of loan proceeds,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 71-75.
- Dean Karlan & Jonathan Zinman, 2011. "List Randomization for Sensitive Behavior: An Application for Measuring Use of Loan Proceeds," NBER Working Papers 17475, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stephanie Moulton & Cäzilia Loibl & Anya Samak & J. Michael Collins, 2013. "Borrowing Capacity and Financial Decisions of Low-to-Moderate Income First-Time Homebuyers," Journal of Consumer Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(3), pages 375-403, November.
- Karlan, Dean & Osman, Adam & Zinman, Jonathan, 2016. "Follow the money not the cash: Comparing methods for identifying consumption and investment responses to a liquidity shock," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 11-23.
- Dean Karlan & Jonathan Zinman, 2010.
"Expanding Credit Access: Using Randomized Supply Decisions to Estimate the Impacts,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 23(1), pages 433-464, January.
- Dean Karlan & Jonathan Zinman, 2006. "Expanding credit access: Using randomized supply decisions to estimate the impacts," Natural Field Experiments 00281, The Field Experiments Website.
- Dean Karlan & Jonathan Zinman, 2007. "Expanding Credit Access: Using Randomized Supply Decisions to Estimate the Impacts," Working Papers 956, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Dean Karlan & Jonathan Zinman, 2007. "Expanding Credit Access: Using Randomized Supply Decisions to Estimate the Impacts," Working Papers 108, Center for Global Development.
- Karlan, Dean S. & Zinman, Jonathan, 2007. "Expanding Credit Access: Using Randomized Supply Decisions To Estimate the Impacts," CEPR Discussion Papers 6180, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Karlan, Dean S. & Zinman, Jonathan, 2007. "Expanding Credit Access: Using Randomized Supply Decisions to Estimate the Impacts," CEPR Discussion Papers 6407, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- John Gibson & David McKenzie & Bilal Zia, 2014.
"The Impact of Financial Literacy Training for Migrants,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 28(1), pages 130-161.
- John Gibson & David McKenzie & Bilal Zia, 2012. "The Impact of Financial Literacy Training for Migrants," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 1216, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Gibson, John & McKenzie, David & Zia, Bilal, 2012. "The impact of financial literacy training for migrants," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6073, The World Bank.
- Brown, Meta & Haughwout, Andrew F. & Lee, Donghoon & Van der Klaauw, Wilbert, 2011. "Do we know what we owe? A comparison of borrower- and lender-reported consumer debt," Staff Reports 523, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, revised 01 Oct 2013.
- Gathergood, John, 2012.
"Self-control, financial literacy and consumer over-indebtedness,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 590-602.
- John Gathergood, "undated". "Self-Control, Financial Literacy and Consumer Over-Indebtedness," Discussion Papers 12/02, University of Nottingham, Centre for Finance, Credit and Macroeconomics (CFCM).
- Leigh Ann Leung & Catherine Lau, 2017. "Effect of mortgage indebtedness on health of U.S. homeowners," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 239-264, March.
- Jonathan Zinman & Dean Karlan, 2009.
"Expanding Microenterprise Credit Access: Using Randomized Supply Decisions to Estimate the Impacts in Manila,"
976, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Karlan, Dean S. & Zinman, Jonathan, 2009. "Expanding Microenterprise Credit Access: Using Randomized Supply Decisions to Estimate the Impacts in Manila," CEPR Discussion Papers 7396, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- French, Declan & McKillop, Donal, 2016. "Financial literacy and over-indebtedness in low-income households," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 1-11.
- Andrea Bellucci & Alexander V. Borisov & Alberto Zazzaro, 2010. "Do Male and Female Loan Officers Differ in Small Business Lending?;A Review of the Literature," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 47, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Brown, Martin & Graf, Roman, 2013. "Financial Literacy, Household Investment and Household Debt: Evidence from Switzerland," Working Papers on Finance 1301, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
- René Bekkers & Pamala Wiepking, 2011. "Accuracy of self-reports on donations to charitable organizations," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 45(6), pages 1369-1383, October.
- Scott Carrell & Jonathan Zinman, 2014.
"In Harm's Way? Payday Loan Access and Military Personnel Performance,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 27(9), pages 2805-2840.
- Scott Carrell & Jonathan Zinman, 2008. "In harm’s way? Payday loan access and military personnel performance," Working Papers 08-18, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Clarke, George, 2012. "Do reticent managers lie during firm surveys?," MPRA Paper 37634, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Asadul Islam & Chongwoo Choe, 2013.
"Child Labor And Schooling Responses To Access To Microcredit In Rural Bangladesh,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 51(1), pages 46-61, January.
- Islam, Asadul & Choe, Chongwoo, 2009. "Child Labour and Schooling Responses to Access to Microcredit in Rural Bangladesh," MPRA Paper 16842, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Burks, Stephen & Carpenter, Jeffrey & Götte, Lorenz & Rustichini, Aldo, 2012.
"Which measures of time preference best predict outcomes: Evidence from a large-scale field experiment,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 308-320.
- Burks, Stephen V. & Carpenter, Jeffrey P. & Götte, Lorenz & Rustichini, Aldo, 2011. "Which Measures of Time Preference Best Predict Outcomes? Evidence from a Large-Scale Field Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 5808, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
- C81 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Microeconomic Data; Data Access
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tpr:jeurec:v:6:y:2008:i:2-3:p:510-521. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kristin Waites). General contact details of provider: http://www.mitpressjournals.org/jeea .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.