Excess Commuting: A Critical Review
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ari Tarigan & Stian Bayer & Christin Berg, 2011. "Suburbanisation of employment means less sustainable travel? - The effects of policy location on commuters' travel patterns in the Stavanger region, Norway," ERSA conference papers ersa10p1648, European Regional Science Association.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:2:p:122:d:63105 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vincent Viguié, 2015.
"Cross-commuting and housing prices in a polycentric modeling of cities,"
2015.03, FAERE - French Association of Environmental and Resource Economists.
- Vincent Viguié, 2015. "Cross-commuting and housing prices in a polycentric modeling of cities," Working Papers 2015.09, FAERE - French Association of Environmental and Resource Economists.
- Xiang Zhou & Xiaohong Chen & Tianran Zhang, 2016. "Impact of Megacity Jobs-Housing Spatial Mismatch on Commuting Behaviors: A Case Study on Central Districts of Shanghai, China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(2), pages 1-22, January.
- Murphy, Enda, 2009. "Excess commuting and modal choice," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 43(8), pages 735-743, October.
- Angela Stefania Bergantino & Leonardo Madio, 2015. "The Travel-to-work. Which factors matter? An analysis on regional labor market in UK," ERSA conference papers ersa15p888, European Regional Science Association.
- Niedzielski, Michael A. & Horner, Mark W. & Xiao, Ningchuan, 2013. "Analyzing scale independence in jobs-housing and commute efficiency metrics," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 129-143.
- Jianghong Li & Matthias Pollmann-Schult, 2016. "Fathers’ Commute to Work and Children’s Social and Emotional Well-Being in Germany," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 37(3), pages 488-501, September.
- Morton O’Kelly & Michael Niedzielski & Justin Gleeson, 2012. "Spatial interaction models from Irish commuting data: variations in trip length by occupation and gender," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 357-387, October.
- Gimenez-Nadal, J. Ignacio & Molina, José Alberto & Velilla, Jorge, 2015. "Excess Commuting in the US: Differences between the Self-Employed and Employees," IZA Discussion Papers 9425, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gimenez-Nadal, J. Ignacio & Molina, José Alberto & Velilla, Jorge, 2016. "Commuting Time and Sex Ratios in the US," IZA Discussion Papers 9933, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gimenez-Nadal, J. Ignacio & Molina, José Alberto & Velilla, Jorge, 2016. "A Wage-Efficiency Spatial Model for US Self-Employed Workers," IZA Discussion Papers 9634, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gimenez-Nadal, J. Ignacio & Molina, José Alberto & Velilla, Jorge, 2016.
"Spatial Distribution of US Employment in an Urban Wage-Efficiency Setting,"
IZA Discussion Papers
9720, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- José Ignacio Gimenez-Nadal & José Alberto Molina & Jorge Velilla, 2016. "Spatial distribution of US employment in an urban wage-efficiency setting," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 890, Boston College Department of Economics.
- van Ommeren, Jos N. & van der Straaten, J. Willemijn, 2008. "The effect of search imperfections on commuting behaviour: Evidence from employed and self-employed workers," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 127-147, March.
- J. Ignacio, Giménez-Nadal & Jose Alberto, Molina & Jorge, Velilla, 2017. "Leisure and effort at work: incorporating self-employment into urban markets," MPRA Paper 77972, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Suzuki, Tsutomu & Lee, Sohee, 2012. "Jobs–housing imbalance, spatial correlation, and excess commuting," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 322-336.
- Bergantino, Angela Stefania & Madio, Leonardo, 2016. "Travel-to-work. Which factors matter? An analysis on regional labor markets in the Uk," Working Papers 16_1, SIET Società Italiana di Economia dei Trasporti e della Logistica.
- Khandker Habib, 2014. "Household-level commuting mode choices, car allocation and car ownership level choices of two-worker households: the case of the city of Toronto," Transportation, Springer, pages 651-672.
- Timothy Welch & Sabyasachee Mishra, 2014. "Envisioning an emission diet: application of travel demand mechanisms to facilitate policy decision making," Transportation, Springer, pages 611-631.
- Duranton, Gilles & Puga, Diego, 2015. "Urban Land Use," Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, Elsevier.
- Mark J. Kutzbach, 2010. "Access to Workers or Employers? An Intra-Urban Analysis of Plant Location Decisions," Working Papers 10-21r, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau, revised Sep 2012.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:transr:v:26:y:2006:i:6:p:749-767. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/TTRV20 .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .