A builder's guide to agent-based financial markets
This paper is intended to guide researchers interested in building their own agent-based financial markets. Key design questions are outlined, along with some of the major controversies about which directions to take.
Volume (Year): 1 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RQUF20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/RQUF20|
- Stefan Kerbl, 2010.
"Regulatory Medicine Against Financial Market Instability: What Helps And What Hurts?,"
1011.6284, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2010.
- Stefan Kerbl, 2011. "Regulatory Medicine Against Financial Market Instability: What Helps And What Hurts?," Working Papers 174, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Xue-Zhong He, 2003. "Asset Pricing, Volatility and Market Behaviour: A Market Fraction Approach," Research Paper Series 95, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- McKelvey, Bill & Wycisk, Christine & Hülsmann, Michael, 2009. "Designing an electronic auction market for complex 'smart parts' logistics: Options based on LeBaron's computational stock market," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(2), pages 476-494, August.
- Bas Straatman & Danielle Marceau & Roger White, 2013. "A Generic Framework for a Combined Agent-based Market and Production Model," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 41(4), pages 425-445, April.
- Tanya Araújo & Miguel St. Aubyn, 2008. "Education, Neighborhood Effects And Growth: An Agent-Based Model Approach," Advances in Complex Systems (ACS), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 11(01), pages 99-117.
- Tanya Araújo & Miguel St. Aubyn, 2005. "Education, Neighbourhood Effects and Growth: An Agent Based Model Approach," Working Papers Department of Economics 2005/10, ISEG - School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, University of Lisbon.
- repec:spr:jeicoo:v:12:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s11403-015-0164-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shu-Heng Chen & Chung-Ching Tai, 2006. "On the Selection of Adaptive Algorithms in ABM: A Computational-Equivalence Approach," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 28(1), pages 51-69, August.
- Youwei Li & Xue-Zhong He, 2005. "Long Memory, Heterogeneity, and Trend Chasing," Computing in Economics and Finance 2005 113, Society for Computational Economics.
- Xue-Zhong He & Youwei Li, 2005. "Long Memory, Heterogeneity and Trend Chasing," Research Paper Series 148, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Yeh, Chia-Hsuan & Yang, Chun-Yi, 2010. "Examining the effectiveness of price limits in an artificial stock market," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 2089-2108, October.
- Tapia, Mikel & Moreno, David & Gil-Bazo, Javier, 2005. "Price dynamics, informational efficiency and wealth distribution in continuous double auction markets," DEE - Working Papers. Business Economics. WB wb057819, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía de la Empresa.
- Wiszniewska-Matyszkiel, Agnieszka, 2005. "Stock market as a dynamic game with continuum of players," MPRA Paper 32982, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2006.
- Xue-Zhong He & Youwei Li, 2008. "Heterogeneity, convergence, and autocorrelations," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(1), pages 59-79.
- James Primbs & Muruhan Rathinam, 2009. "Trader Behavior and its Effect on Asset Price Dynamics," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(2), pages 151-181.
- Alexandru Stan, 2015. "A Price Crash Alerting Strategy for Agent-based Artificial Financial Markets," MIC 2015: Managing Sustainable Growth; Proceedings of the Joint International Conference, Portorož, Slovenia, 28–30 May 2015, University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper.
- Becker, Till & Illigen, Christoph & McKelvey, Bill & Hülsmann, Michael & Windt, Katja, 2016. "Using an agent-based neural-network computational model to improve product routing in a logistics facility," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 174(C), pages 156-167.
- Lye, Ribin & Tan, James Peng Lung & Cheong, Siew Ann, 2012. "Understanding agent-based models of financial markets: A bottom–up approach based on order parameters and phase diagrams," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(22), pages 5521-5531.
- Florian Hauser & Jürgen Huber & Bob Kaempff, 2015. "Costly Information in Markets with Heterogeneous Agents: A Model with Genetic Programming," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 46(2), pages 205-229, August.
- Xue-Zhong He & Youwei Li, 2005. "Heterogeneity, Profitability and Autocorrelations," Research Paper Series 147, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:quantf:v:1:y:2001:i:2:p:254-261. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed