A Dark Side of Social Capital? Kinship, Consumption, and Savings
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Baland, Jean-Marie & Bonjean, Isabelle & Guirkinger, Catherine & Ziparo, Roberta, 2016.
"The economic consequences of mutual help in extended families,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 38-56.
- Baland, Jean-Marie & Bonjean, Isabelle & Guirkinger, Catherine & Ziparo, Roberta, 2015. "The economic consequences of mutual help in extended families," CEPR Discussion Papers 10945, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jean-Marie Baland & Isabelle Bonjean & Catherine Guirkinger & Roberta Ziparo, 2016. "The economic consequences of mutual help in extended families," Post-Print hal-01440288, HAL.
- Ambler, Kate, 2015. "Don't tell on me: Experimental evidence of asymmetric information in transnational households," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 52-69.
- Jean-Marie Nkongolo-Bakenda & Elie Chrysostome, 2013. "Engaging diasporas as international entrepreneurs in developing countries: In search of determinants," Journal of International Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 30-64, March.
- Huu Chi Nguyen & Christophe Nordman, 2014.
"Household entrepreneurship and social networks:panel data evidence from Vietnam,"
DT/2014/22, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Nguyen, Huu Chi & Nordman, Christophe Jalil, 2017. "Household Entrepreneurship and Social Networks: Panel Data Evidence from Vietnam," IZA Discussion Papers 10482, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Huu Chi Nguyen & Christophe Jalil Nordman, 2017. "Household Entrepreneurship and Social Networks: Panel Data Evidence from Vietnam," Working Papers hal-01619799, HAL.
- Kazianga, Harounan & Wahhaj, Zaki, 2017.
"Intra-household resource allocation and familial ties,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 109-132.
- Harounan Kazianga & Zaki Wahhaj, 2016. "Intra-household Resource Allocation and Familial Ties," Studies in Economics 1601, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Harounan Kazianga & Zaki Wahhaj, 2016. "Intra-household Resource Allocation and Familial Ties," CSAE Working Paper Series 2016-06, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Harounan Kazianga & Zaki Wahhaj, 2016. "Intra-household Resource Allocation and Familial Ties," Economics Working Paper Series 1605, Oklahoma State University, Department of Economics and Legal Studies in Business.
- Harounan Kazianga & Zaki Wahhaj, 2016. "Intra-household Resource Allocation and Familial Ties," Development Working Papers 408, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano, revised 28 Nov 2016.
- Carolina Laureti, 2015. "The Debt Puzzle in Dhaka’s Slums: Do Poor People Co-hold for Liquidity Needs?," Working Papers CEB 15-021, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Hailemariam Teklewold & Menale Kassie & Bekele Shiferaw, 2013. "Adoption of Multiple Sustainable Agricultural Practices in Rural Ethiopia," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(3), pages 597-623, September.
- Kazianga, Harounan & Wahhaj, Zaki, 2015. "Norms of Allocation within Nuclear and Extended-Family Households," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205534, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Dupas, Pascaline & Keats, Anthony & Robinson, Jonathan, 2015.
"The Effect of Savings Accounts on Interpersonal Financial Relationships: Evidence from a Field Experiment in Rural Kenya,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
10689, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pascaline Dupas & Anthony Keats & Jonathan Robinson, 2015. "The Effect of Savings Accounts on Interpersonal Financial Relationships: Evidence from a Field Experiment in Rural Kenya," NBER Working Papers 21339, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Niaz Asadullah & Zaki Wahhaj, 2016. "Early Marriage, Social Networks and the Transmission of Norms," Studies in Economics 1602, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- repec:eee:jcecon:v:45:y:2017:i:4:p:827-846 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ndiritu, S. Wagura & Kassie, Menale & Shiferaw, Bekele, 2014. "Are there systematic gender differences in the adoption of sustainable agricultural intensification practices? Evidence from Kenya," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(P1), pages 117-127.
- Marc Labie & Carolina Laureti & Ariane Szafarz, 2016. "Discipline and Flexibility: A Behavioral Perspective on Product Design in Microfinance," Working Papers CEB 15-020, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Varma, Poornima, 2017. "Adoption of System of Rice Intensification and its Impact on Rice Yields and Household Income: An Analysis for India," IIMA Working Papers WP2017-02-03, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Haagsma, Rein & Mouche, Pierre v., 2013. "Egalitarian norms, economic development, and ethnic polarization," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 719-744.
- Kassie, Menale & Jaleta, Moti & Shiferaw, Bekele & Mmbando, Frank & Mekuria, Mulugetta, 2013. "Adoption of interrelated sustainable agricultural practices in smallholder systems: Evidence from rural Tanzania," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 525-540.
- Zhang, Yanlong & Zhou, Xiaoyu & Lei, Wei, 2017. "Social Capital and Its Contingent Value in Poverty Reduction: Evidence from Western China," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 350-361.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/14463 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tesfamicheal Wossen & Thomas Berger & Salvatore Di Falco, 2015. "Social capital, risk preference and adoption of improved farm land management practices in Ethiopia," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 46(1), pages 81-97, January.
- Rhona F. Barr & Salvatore Di Falco & Susana Mourato, 2011. "Income diversification, social capital and their potential role in uptake of marine Payments for Environmental Services schemes: a study from a Tanzanian fishing community," GRI Working Papers 65, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- D’Exelle, Ben & Lecoutere, Els & Van Campenhout, Bjorn, 2012. "Equity-Efficiency Trade-Offs in Irrigation Water Sharing: Evidence from a Field Lab in Rural Tanzania," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(12), pages 2537-2551.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:jdevst:v:47:y:2011:i:8:p:1128-1151. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/FJDS20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.