How Resilient are Labour Markets to Natural Disasters? The Case of the 1998 Bangladesh Flood
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tillmann Heidelk, 2019. "The Returns to Education in the Context of a Natural Disaster: Evidence from the 2010 Earthquake in Haiti," Working Papers ECARES 2019-17, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Michel Beine & Christopher R Parsons, 2017.
"Climatic Factors as Determinants of International Migration: Redux,"
CESifo Economic Studies, CESifo, vol. 63(4), pages 386-402.
- Michel Beine & Christopher R. Parsons, 2016. "Climatic Factors as Determinants of International Migration: Redux," DEM Discussion Paper Series 16-11, Department of Economics at the University of Luxembourg.
- Giorgio Di Pietro & Toni Mora, 2015.
"The Effect of the L'Aquila Earthquake on Labour Market Outcomes,"
Environment and Planning C, , vol. 33(2), pages 239-255, April.
- Giorgio Di Pietro & Toni Mora, 2011. "The effect of the l’Aquila earthquake on labour market outcomes," Working Papers 2011/41, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Shaikh M. S. U. Eskander & Sam Fankhauser, 2022.
"Income Diversification and Income Inequality: Household Responses to the 2013 Floods in Pakistan,"
Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 14(1), pages 1-12, January.
- Eskander, Shaikh M.S.U. & Fankhauser, Sam, 2022. "Income diversification and income inequality: household responses to the 2013 floods in Pakistan," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 113415, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Maribel Jiménez Martínez & Mónica Jiménez Martínez & Rocío Romero-Jarén, 2020. "How resilient is the labour market against natural disaster? Evaluating the effects from the 2010 earthquake in Chile," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 104(2), pages 1481-1533, November.
- Azreen Karim & Ilan Noy, 2016. "Poverty and Natural Disasters: A Meta-Regression Analysis," Review of Economics and Institutions, Università di Perugia, vol. 7(2).
- Michał Burzyński & Christoph Deuster & Frédéric Docquier & Jaime de Melo, 2022.
"Climate Change, Inequality, and Human Migration [“The Economic Costs of Conflict: A Case Study of the Basque Country.”],"
Journal of the European Economic Association, European Economic Association, vol. 20(3), pages 1145-1197.
- Burzynski, Michal & de Melo, Jaime & Deuster, Christoph & Docquier, Frédéric, 2019. "Climate Change, Inequality, and Human Migration," CEPR Discussion Papers 13997, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Michal Burzynski & Christoph Deuster & Frédéric Docquier & Jaime de Melo, 2019. "Climate Change, Inequality, and Human Migration," Working Papers hal-02394518, HAL.
- Burzyńskia, Michał & Deuster, Christoph & Docquier, Frédéric & de Melo, Jaime, 2019. "Climate Change, Inequality, and Human Migration," IZA Discussion Papers 12623, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Michal Burzynski & Christoph Deuster & Frederic Docquier & Jaime de Melo, 2019. "Climate Change, Inequality, and Human Migration," LIDAM Discussion Papers IRES 2019014, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Michal BURZYNSKI & Christoph DEUSTER & Frédéric DOCQUIER & Jaime DE MELO, 2019. "Climate change, Inequality and Human Migration," Working Paper e357047f-8d6d-4a17-9022-7, Agence française de développement.
- Desbureaux, Sébastien & Rodella, Aude-Sophie, 2019. "Drought in the city: The economic impact of water scarcity in Latin American metropolitan areas," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 13-27.
- Azreen Karim & Ilan Noy, 2016. "Poverty And Natural Disasters — A Qualitative Survey Of The Empirical Literature," The Singapore Economic Review (SER), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 61(01), pages 1-36, March.
- Eskander, Shaikh & Barbier, Edward, 2016.
"Adaptation to Natural Disasters Through the Agricultural Land Rental Market: Evidence from Bangladesh,"
2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts
235648, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Shaikh Eskander & Edward Barbier, 2016. "Adaptation to natural disasters through the agricultural land rental market: evidence from Bangladesh," GRI Working Papers 236, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Eskander, Shaikh M.S.U. & Fankhauser, Samuel & Jha, Shikha, 2016. "Do Natural Disasters Change Savings and Employment Choices? Evidence from Bangladesh and Pakistan," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 505, Asian Development Bank.
- Quang Nguyen, 2017. "Do Natural Disasters Open a Window of Opportunity for Corruption?," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 53(1), pages 156-172, January.
- Sin Meun How & Geoffrey N. Kerr, 2019. "Earthquake Impacts on Immigrant Participation in the Greater Christchurch Construction Labor Market," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 38(2), pages 241-269, April.
- Hamid R. Oskorouchi & Alfonso Sousa‐Poza, 2021. "Floods, food security, and coping strategies: Evidence from Afghanistan," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 52(1), pages 123-140, January.
- Xiaodong Zhu & Zijing Jin & Shunsuke Managi & XiRong Xun, 2021. "How meteorological disasters affect the labor market? The moderating effect of government emergency response policy," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 107(3), pages 2625-2640, July.
- Parida, Yashobanta & Roy Chowdhury, Joyita, 2021. "An empirical analysis of the effect of floods on rural agricultural wages across Indian states," World Development Perspectives, Elsevier, vol. 23(C).
- Aparajita Dasgupta & Anahita Karandikar, 2021. "Gender-Gap in Learning Outcomes under Rainfall Shocks: The Role of Gender Norms," Working Papers 70, Ashoka University, Department of Economics.
- Sam Fankhauser, 2016. "Adaptation to climate change," GRI Working Papers 255, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Karim, Azreen, 2018. "The Household Response to Persistent Natural Disasters: Evidence from Bangladesh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 40-59.
- Canessa, Eugenia & Giannelli, Gianna Claudia, 2021. "Women's Employment and Natural Shocks," IZA Discussion Papers 14055, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Mahajan, Kanika, 2017. "Rainfall Shocks and the Gender Wage Gap: Evidence from Indian Agriculture," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 156-172.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:jdevst:v:47:y:2011:i:12:p:1954-1971. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/FJDS20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Chris Longhurst (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/FJDS20 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.