The Gender Gap in Educational Attainment in India: How Much Can Be Explained?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Francavilla, Francesca & Giannelli, Gianna Claudia & Grilli, Leonardo, 2013.
"Mothers’ Employment and their Children’s Schooling: A Joint Multilevel Analysis for India,"
Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 183-195.
- F. Francavilla & Gianna Claudia Giannelli & Leonardo Grilli, 2010. "Mothers’ Employment and their Children’s Schooling: a Joint Multilevel Analysis for India," Working Papers - Economics wp2010_07.rdf, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa.
- Vegard Iversen & Adriaan Kalwij & Arjan Verschoor & Amaresh Dubey, 2014.
"Caste Dominance and Economic Performance in Rural India,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 62(3), pages 423-457.
- Vegard Iversen & Adriaan Kalwij & Arjan Verschoor & Amaresh Dubey, 2010. "Caste dominance and economic performance in rural India," Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers 10-01, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Maitra, Pushkar & Pal, Sarmistha & Sharma, Anurag, 2016.
"Absence of Altruism? Female Disadvantage in Private School Enrollment in India,"
Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 105-125.
- Maitra, Pushkar & Pal, Sarmistha & Sharma, Anurag, 2016. "Absence of Altruism? Female Disadvantage in Private School Enrolment in India," IZA Discussion Papers 9808, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Leonid V. Azarnert, 2009.
"Abortion And Human Capital Accumulation: A Contribution To The Understanding Of The Gender Gap In Education,"
Scottish Journal of Political Economy,
Scottish Economic Society, vol. 56(5), pages 559-579, November.
- Leonid V. Azarnert, 2008. "Abortion and Human Capital Accumulation: A Contribution to the Understanding of the Gender Gap in Education," Working Papers 2008-06, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- repec:eee:cysrev:v:79:y:2017:i:c:p:263-273 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lutfunnahar Begum & Philip J. Grossman & Asadul Islam, 2014. "Parental Attitude and Investment in Children’s Education and Health in Developing Countries," Monash Economics Working Papers 30-14, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Rana Ejaz Ali Khan & Karamat Ali, 2005. "Bargaining Over Sons' and Daughters' Schooling-Probit Analysis of Household Behavior," HEW 0505002, EconWPA.
- Marian Meller & Stephan Litschig, 2016.
"Adapting the Supply of Education to the Needs of Girls: Evidence from a Policy Experiment in Rural India,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 51(3), pages 760-802.
- Marian Meller & Stephan Litschig, 2015. "Adapting the Supply of Education to the Needs of Girls: Evidence from a Policy Experiment in Rural India," Working Papers 805, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Kanjilal-Bhaduri, Sanghamitra & Pastore, Francesco, 2017. "Returns to Education and Female Participation Nexus: Evidence from India," IZA Discussion Papers 11209, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Warunsiri, Sasiwimon & McNown, Robert, 2010. "The Returns to Education in Thailand: A Pseudo-Panel Approach," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 1616-1625, November.
- Lopez Boo, Florencia & Canon, Maria Eugenia, 2014. "Reversal of gender gaps in child development: Evidence from young children in India," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 124(1), pages 55-59.
- Escobal, Javier & Flores, Eva, 2009. "Maternal Migration and Child Well-Being in Peru," MPRA Paper 56463, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Salma Ahmad & Ranjan Ray, 2014. "Health consequences of child labour in Bangladesh," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 30(4), pages 111-150, January.
- Husain, Zakir, 2010. "Gender disparities in completing school education in India: Analyzing regional variations," MPRA Paper 25748, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kanjilal-Bhaduri, Sanghamitra & Pastore, Francesco, 2018. "Returns to Education and Female Work Force Participation Nexus: Evidence from India," GLO Discussion Paper Series 162, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- repec:eee:injoed:v:56:y:2017:i:c:p:42-51 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chakraborty, Tanika & Jayaraman, Rajshri, 2016. "School Feeding and Learning Achievement: Evidence from India's Midday Meal Program," IZA Discussion Papers 10086, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Amita Majumder & Chayanika Mitra, 2017. "Gender Bias in Education in West Bengal," Journal of Quantitative Economics, Springer;The Indian Econometric Society (TIES), vol. 15(1), pages 173-196, March.
- Shatanjaya Dasgupta, 2016. "Son Preference and Gender Gaps in Child Nutrition: Does the Level of Female Autonomy Matter?," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(2), pages 375-386, May.
- Sulayman Al-Qudsi & Asma Al-Qudsi, 2003. "Children's Educational Outcomes under Adverse Labor Market Conditions: Evidence from The West Bank and Gaza," Working Papers 0306, Economic Research Forum, revised 02 2003.
- Manuela Mota & Sara Casaca, 2016. "Gender Relations and the Dowry System in India - The Case of Hyderabad," CEsA Working Papers 143, CEsA - Center for African, Asian and Latin American Studies.
- Tanika Chakraborty & Rajshri Jayaraman, 2016. "School Feeding and Learning Achievement: Evidence from India's Midday Meal Program," CESifo Working Paper Series 5994, CESifo Group Munich.
More about this item
Keywordsgender; educational attainment functions; Oaxaca decomposition; India;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:jdevst:v:39:y:2002:i:2:p:25-53. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/FJDS20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.