The Role of FDI, Exports and Spillover Effects in the Regional Development of China
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- David J. Teece, 2008.
"Technology Transfer By Multinational Firms: The Resource Cost Of Transferring Technological Know-How,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: The Transfer And Licensing Of Know-How And Intellectual Property Understanding the Multinational Enterprise in the Modern World, chapter 1, pages 1-22
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- David J. Teece, 2003. "Technology Transfer by Multinational Firms: The Resource Cost of Transferring Technological Know-How," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Essays In Technology Management And Policy Selected Papers of David J Teece, chapter 10, pages 262-288 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Teece, David J, 1977. "Technology Transfer by Multinational Firms: The Resource Cost of Transferring Technological Know-how," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 87(346), pages 242-261, June.
- Wang, Jian-Ye & Blomstrom, Magnus, 1992.
"Foreign investment and technology transfer : A simple model,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 137-155, January.
- Magnus Blomstrom & Jian-Ye Wang, 1989. "Foreign Investment and Technology Transfer: A Simple Model," NBER Working Papers 2958, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kokko, Ari & Blomstrom, Magnus, 1995.
"Policies to encourage inflows of technology through foreign multinationals,"
Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 459-468, March.
- Magnus Blomstrom & Ari Kokko, 1993. "Policies to Encourage Inflows of Technology Through Foreign Multinationals," NBER Working Papers 4289, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1973. "Regression Analysis when the Dependent Variable is Truncated Normal," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(6), pages 997-1016, November.
- Athukorala, Premachandra & Jayasuriya, Sisira & Oczkowski, Edward, 1995. "Multinational firms and export performance in developing countries: Some analytical issues and new empirical evidence," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 109-122, February.
- Pavitt, Keith, 1984. "Sectoral patterns of technical change: Towards a taxonomy and a theory," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 343-373, December.
- Dosi, Giovanni, 1988. "Sources, Procedures, and Microeconomic Effects of Innovation," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 26(3), pages 1120-1171, September.
- Lall, Sanjaya & Kumar, Rajiv, 1981. "Firm-level export performance in an inward-looking economy: The Indian engineering industry," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 9(5), pages 453-463, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Taube, Markus, 2005. "Spillover-effects, crowding-in and the contributions of FDI to growth in China: A review of the literature," Duisburg Working Papers on East Asian Economic Studies 74, University Duisburg-Essen, Asia-Pacific Economic Research Institute (FIP).
- Chunlai Chen, 2015. "Do Inland Provinces Benefit from Coastal Foreign Direct Investment in China?," China & World Economy, Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 23(3), pages 22-41, May.
- Nicolaas Groenewold & Guoping Lee & Anping Chen, 2005. "Inter-Regional Spillovers in China: The Importance of Common Shocks and the Definition of Regions," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 05-19, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Nicolaas Groenewold & Guoping Lee & Anping Chen, 2006. "Inter-Regional Output Spillovers of Policy Shocks in China," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 06-26, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Bai, Chong-En & Ma, Hong & Pan, Wenqing, 2012. "Spatial spillover and regional economic growth in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 982-990.
- Lo, Dic & Hong, Fuhai & Li, Guicai, 2016. "Assessing the role of inward foreign direct investment in Chinese economic development, 1990–2007: Towards a synthesis of alternative views," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 107-120.
- Richard Smith, 2012. "Trade in Health Services: Current Challenges and Future Prospects of Globalization," Chapters,in: The Elgar Companion to Health Economics, Second Edition, chapter 16 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Aurangzeb Zeb & Thanasis Stengos, 2013. "The Role of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in a Dualistic Growth Framework: An Application of Smooth Coefficient Semi-parametric Approach," Working Paper series 55_13, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Meng, Bo & Chao, Qu, 2007. "Application of the Input-Output Decomposition Technique to China's Regional Economies," IDE Discussion Papers 102, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- repec:wyi:journl:002154 is not listed on IDEAS
- Preeti Flora & Gaurav Agrawal, 2015. "A Co-integration and Causality Analysis of Highest FDI Recipient Asian Economies," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 6(4), pages 1078-1089, December.
- Groenwold, Nicolaas & Lee, Guoping & Chen, Anping, 2008. "Inter-regional spillovers in China: The importance of common shocks and the definition of the regions," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 32-52, March.
- Gunby, Philip & Jin, Yinghua & Robert Reed, W., 2017.
"Did FDI Really Cause Chinese Economic Growth? A Meta-Analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 242-255.
- Philip Gunby & Yinghua Jin & W. Robert Reed, 2015. "Did FDI Really Cause Chinese Economic Growth? A Meta-Analysis," Working Papers in Economics 15/16, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Philip Gunby & Yinghua Jin & W. Robert Reed, 2016. "Did FDI Really Cause Chinese Economic Growth? A Meta-Analysis," Working Papers in Economics 16/15, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Ouyang, Puman & Fu, Shihe, 2012. "Economic growth, local industrial development and inter-regional spillovers from foreign direct investment: Evidence from China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 445-460.
- Dic Lo, 2004. "Assessing the Role of Foreign Direct Investment in Chinaâ€™s Economic Development: Macro Indicators and Insights from Sectoral-Regional Analyses," Working Papers 135, Department of Economics, SOAS, University of London, UK.
- Ma, Tao & Hong, Tao & Zhang, Haozhe, 2015. "Tourism spatial spillover effects and urban economic growth," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 74-80.
- Nicolaas Groenewold & Guoping Lee & Anping Chen, 2006. "Inter-Regional Output Spillovers in China: Disentangling National from Regional Shocks," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 06-25, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Jr-Tsung Huang, 2004. "Spillovers from Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau Investment and from Other Foreign Investment in Chinese Industries," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 22(1), pages 13-25, January.
- Tuan, Chyau & Ng, Linda Fung-Yee, 2007. "The place of FDI in China's regional economic development: Emergence of the globalized delta economies," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 348-364, April.
- Xu, WeiGuo & Hu, DaiPing & Lei, AiZhong & Shen, HuiZhang, 2008. "FDI chaos and control in China," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 17-28, January.
- XIE, Xiao-ting & LIAO, Le-huan, 2015.
[A spatial analysis of the county-level differences in economic growth rates in Yunnan province]," MPRA Paper 68820, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 20 Aug 2015.
More about this item
Keywordsinward FDI; China; domestic investment; export expansion; Eastern; Central and Western China;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:jdevst:v:38:y:2002:i:4:p:157-178. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/FJDS20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.