Celebrations as Social Investments: Festival Expenditures, Unit Price Variation and Social Status in Rural India
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chen, Xi & Kanbur, Ravi & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2011.
"Peer effects, risk pooling, and status seeking: What explains gift spending escalation in rural China?,"
IFPRI discussion papers
1151, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Chen, Xi & Zhang, Xiaobo & Kanbur, Ravi, 2012. "PEER EFFECTS, RISK POOLING, AND STATUS SEEKING: What Explains Gift Spending Escalation in Rural China?," Working Papers 128797, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Chen, Xi & Kanbur, Ravi & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2012. "Peer Effects, Risk Pooling, and Status Seeking: What Explains Gift Spending Escalation in Rural China?," CEPR Discussion Papers 8777, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Helena A. Williams & Robert L. Williams, Jr. & Maktoba Omar, 2014. "Experiencing-the-Experience: An Examination of the Significance of Infrastructure, Co-creation and Co-branding within the Transnational Gastronomic Tourism Industry," Transnational Marketing Journal, Transnational Press London, UK, vol. 2(1), pages 21-37, May.
- Omer Moav and & Zvika Neeman, 2012. "Saving Rates and Poverty: The Role of Conspicuous Consumption and Human Capital," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 122(563), pages 933-956, September.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:5:p:1468-:d:145101 is not listed on IDEAS
- van de Walle, Dominique & Ravallion, Martin & Mendiratta, Vibhuti & Koolwal, Gayatri, 2013. "Long-term impacts of household electrification in rural India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6527, The World Bank.
- Vincenzo Lombardo, 2012. "Social inclusion and the emergence of development traps," Discussion Papers 13_2012, CRISEI, University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
- Siddique, Abu & Vlassopoulos, Michael, 2017. "Competitive Preferences and Ethnicity: Experimental Evidence from Bangladesh," IZA Discussion Papers 10682, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Dominique van de Walle & Martin Ravallion & Vibhuti Mendiratta & Gayatri Koolwal, 2017.
"Long-term Gains from Electrification in Rural India,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 31(2), pages 385-411.
- Dominique Van de Walle & Martin Ravallion & Vibhuti Mendiratta & Gayatri Koolwal, 2015. "Long-Term Gains from Electrification in Rural India," Post-Print halshs-01511017, HAL.
- Vincenzo Lombardo, 2012.
"Social inclusion and the emergence of development traps,"
1_2012, D.E.S. (Department of Economic Studies), University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
- Lombardo, Vincenzo, 2012. "Social inclusion and the emergence of development traps," MPRA Paper 36766, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Barbeitos, Iolanda & Oom do Valle, Patrícia & Guerreiro, Manuela & Mendes, Júlio, 2014. "Visitors’ Motivations, Satisfaction and Loyalty towards Castro Marim Medieval Fair," Journal of Spatial and Organizational Dynamics, CIEO-Research Centre for Spatial and Organizational Dynamics, University of Algarve, vol. 2(1), pages 89-104.
- repec:prp:jattij:v:10:y:2017:i:2:p:115-128 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gretchen Larsen & Stephanie Hussels, 2011. "The Significance of Commercial Music Festivals," Chapters,in: Handbook on the Economics of Leisure, chapter 13 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Johny, Judit & Wichmann, Bruno & Swallow, Brent M., 2017. "Characterizing social networks and their effects on income diversification in rural Kerala, India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 375-392.
- Jellal, Mohamed, 2014.
"Diaspora transferts statut social et inégalité
[Diaspora remittances social status and inequality]," MPRA Paper 57325, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yolal, Medet & Gursoy, Dogan & Uysal, Muzaffer & Kim, Hyelin (Lina) & Karacaoğlu, Sıla, 2016. "Impacts of festivals and events on residents’ well-being," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 1-18.
- Anthon, Signe & Lund, Jens Friis & Helles, Finn, 2008. "Targeting the poor: Taxation of marketed forest products in developing countries," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 197-224, June.
- Irene Kamenidou & Spyridon Mamalis & George Kokkinis & Christina Intze, 2011. "Improvement Axons for Ardas Cultural Festival in Evros, Greece, based on attendees perceptions," Scientific Bulletin - Economic Sciences, University of Pitesti, vol. 10(2), pages 62-73.
- Tania Begazo-Gomez & Alan Fuchs & Ari Perdana, 2006. "Better Together Ã¢â‚¬â€œ or not? Community Participation, Consumption Smoothing and Household Head Employment in Indonesia," Development Economics Working Papers 21814, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Moav, Omer & Neeman, Zvika, 2008. "Conspicuous Consumption, Human Capital and Poverty," CEPR Discussion Papers 6864, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Yu Alvin Hung Chih & Yen I-Yin, 2012. "Segmenting Art Festival Visitors by Motivations," Scientific Annals of Economics and Business, De Gruyter Open, vol. 59(1), pages 213-226, July.
More about this item
Keywordsfestival expenditures; active participation; economic and social rewards; building social networks;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:jdevst:v:38:y:2001:i:1:p:71-97. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/FJDS20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.