Celebrations as Social Investments: Festival Expenditures, Unit Price Variation and Social Status in Rural India
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Helena A. Williams & Robert L. Williams, Jr. & Maktoba Omar, 2014. "Experiencing-the-Experience: An Examination of the Significance of Infrastructure, Co-creation and Co-branding within the Transnational Gastronomic Tourism Industry," Transnational Marketing Journal, Transnational Press London, UK, vol. 2(1), pages 21-37, May.
- Gretchen Larsen & Stephanie Hussels, 2011. "The Significance of Commercial Music Festivals," Chapters,in: Handbook on the Economics of Leisure, chapter 13 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Yolal, Medet & Gursoy, Dogan & Uysal, Muzaffer & Kim, Hyelin (Lina) & Karacaoğlu, Sıla, 2016. "Impacts of festivals and events on residents’ well-being," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 1-18.
- Moav, Omer & Neeman, Zvika, 2008. "Conspicuous Consumption, Human Capital and Poverty," CEPR Discussion Papers 6864, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Yu Alvin Hung Chih & Yen I-Yin, 2012. "Segmenting Art Festival Visitors by Motivations," Scientific Annals of Economics and Business, De Gruyter Open, vol. 59(1), pages 213-226, July.
- Omer Moav and & Zvika Neeman, 2012. "Saving Rates and Poverty: The Role of Conspicuous Consumption and Human Capital," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 122(563), pages 933-956, September.
- Vincenzo Lombardo, 2012. "Social inclusion and the emergence of development traps," Discussion Papers 13_2012, CRISEI, University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
- Siddique, Abu & Vlassopoulos, Michael, 2017. "Competitive Preferences and Ethnicity: Experimental Evidence from Bangladesh," IZA Discussion Papers 10682, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jellal, Mohamed, 2014.
"Diaspora transferts statut social et inégalité
[Diaspora remittances social status and inequality]," MPRA Paper 57325, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chen, Xi & Kanbur, Ravi & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2011.
"Peer effects, risk pooling, and status seeking: What explains gift spending escalation in rural China?,"
IFPRI discussion papers
1151, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Chen, Xi & Kanbur, Ravi & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2012. "Peer Effects, Risk Pooling, and Status Seeking: What Explains Gift Spending Escalation in Rural China?," CEPR Discussion Papers 8777, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Chen, Xi & Zhang, Xiaobo & Kanbur, Ravi, 2012. "PEER EFFECTS, RISK POOLING, AND STATUS SEEKING: What Explains Gift Spending Escalation in Rural China?," Working Papers 128797, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Tania Begazo-Gomez & Alan Fuchs & Ari Perdana, 2006. "Better Together Ã¢â‚¬â€œ or not? Community Participation, Consumption Smoothing and Household Head Employment in Indonesia," Development Economics Working Papers 21814, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Lombardo, Vincenzo, 2012.
"Social inclusion and the emergence of development traps,"
36766, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vincenzo Lombardo, 2012. "Social inclusion and the emergence of development traps," Discussion Papers 1_2012, D.E.S. (Department of Economic Studies), University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
- Dominique van de Walle & Martin Ravallion & Vibhuti Mendiratta & Gayatri Koolwal, 2017.
"Long-term Gains from Electrification in Rural India,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 31(2), pages 385-411.
- Dominique Van de Walle & Martin Ravallion & Vibhuti Mendiratta & Gayatri Koolwal, 2015. "Long-Term Gains from Electrification in Rural India," Post-Print halshs-01511017, HAL.
- Barbeitos, Iolanda & Oom do Valle, Patrícia & Guerreiro, Manuela & Mendes, Júlio, 2014. "Visitors’ Motivations, Satisfaction and Loyalty towards Castro Marim Medieval Fair," Journal of Spatial and Organizational Dynamics, CIEO-Research Centre for Spatial and Organizational Dynamics, University of Algarve, vol. 2(1), pages 89-104.
- repec:prp:jattij:v:10:y:2017:i:2:p:115-128 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anthon, Signe & Lund, Jens Friis & Helles, Finn, 2008. "Targeting the poor: Taxation of marketed forest products in developing countries," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 197-224, June.
- Irene Kamenidou & Spyridon Mamalis & George Kokkinis & Christina Intze, 2011. "Improvement Axons for Ardas Cultural Festival in Evros, Greece, based on attendees perceptions," Scientific Bulletin - Economic Sciences, University of Pitesti, vol. 10(2), pages 62-73.
- van de Walle, Dominique & Ravallion, Martin & Mendiratta, Vibhuti & Koolwal, Gayatri, 2013. "Long-term impacts of household electrification in rural India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6527, The World Bank.
- Johny, Judit & Wichmann, Bruno & Swallow, Brent M., 2017. "Characterizing social networks and their effects on income diversification in rural Kerala, India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 375-392.
More about this item
Keywordsfestival expenditures; active participation; economic and social rewards; building social networks;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:jdevst:v:38:y:2001:i:1:p:71-97. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/FJDS20 .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .