Does Informal Eldercare Impede Women's Employment? The Case of European Welfare States
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dale-Olsen, Harald, 2006. "Wages, fringe benefits and worker turnover," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 87-105, February.
- Yannis M. Ioannides & Linda Datcher Loury, 2004.
"Job Information Networks, Neighborhood Effects, and Inequality,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, pages 1056-1093.
- Yannis M. Ioannides & Linda Datcher Loury, 2002. "Job Information Networks, Neighborhood Effects and Inequality," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0217, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Kenneth R. Troske, 1999.
"Evidence On The Employer Size-Wage Premium From Worker-Establishment Matched Data,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, pages 15-26.
- Kenneth R Troske, 1994. "Evidence on the Employer Size-Wage Premium From Worker-Establishment Matched Data," Working Papers 94-10, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Kenneth R. Troske, 1998. "Evidence on the Employer Size-Wage Premium From Worker-Establishment Matched Data," Labor and Demography 9807001, EconWPA.
- Nguyen, Binh T. & Albrecht, James W. & Vroman, Susan B. & Westbrook, M. Daniel, 2007.
"A quantile regression decomposition of urban-rural inequality in Vietnam,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, pages 466-490.
- Binh Nguyen & James Albrecht & Susan Vroman & Daniel Westbrook, 2003. "A Quantile Regression Decomposition of Urban-Rural Inequality in Vietnam," Working Papers gueconwpa~03-03-31, Georgetown University, Department of Economics.
- Jayachandran N. Variyam & David S. Kraybill, 1998. "Fringe Benefits Provision by Rural Small Businesses," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(2), pages 360-368.
- Jowett, M. & Contoyannis, P. & Vinh, N. D., 2003. "The impact of public voluntary health insurance on private health expenditures in Vietnam," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 333-342.
- Rand, John & Tarp, Finn & Cuong, Tran Tien & Tam, Nguyen Thanh, 2008. "SME Fringe Benefits Provision," MPRA Paper 29469, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rachel Croson & Uri Gneezy, 2009. "Gender Differences in Preferences," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, pages 448-474.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thomas Hansen & Britt Slagsvold & Reidun Ingebretsen, 2013. "The Strains and Gains of Caregiving: An Examination of the Effects of Providing Personal Care to a Parent on a Range of Indicators of Psychological Well-Being," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 114(2), pages 323-343, November.
- Joan Costa‐Font & Martin Karlsson & Henning Øien, 2016.
"Careful in the Crisis? Determinants of Older People's Informal Care Receipt in Crisis‐Struck European Countries,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25, pages 25-42, November.
- Costa-i-Font, Joan & Karlsson, Martin & Øien, Henning, 2016. "Careful in the crisis? Determinants of older people's informal care receipt in crisis-struck European countries," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 66916, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Andreas Kotsadam, 2012. "The employment costs of caregiving in Norway," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 12(4), pages 269-283, December.
- Elenka Brenna & Cinzia Novi, 2016. "Is caring for older parents detrimental to women’s mental health? The role of the European North–South gradient," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 745-778, December.
- Scheil-Adlung, Xenia., 2015. "Long-term care protection for older persons : a review of coverage deficits in 46 countries," ILO Working Papers 994886493402676, International Labour Organization.
- Kaschowitz, Judith, 2015. "Der Einfluss der Pflegeverantwortung von Frauen auf das Arbeitsangebot ihrer Partner: Eine Untersuchung mit dem SOEP," Duisburger Beiträge zur soziologischen Forschung 2015-01, University of Duisburg-Essen, Institute of Sociology.
- Joan Costa-Font & Martin Karlsson & Henning Ã˜ien, 2015.
"Informal Care and the Great Recession,"
CINCH Working Paper Series
1502, Universitaet Duisburg-Essen, Competent in Competition and Health, revised Feb 2015.
- Joan Costa Font & Martin Karlsson & Henning Oien, 2015. "Informal Care and the Great Recession," CEP Discussion Papers dp1360, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Joan Costa-i-Font & Martin Karlsson & Henning Ã˜ien, 2015. "Informal Care and the Great Recession," CESifo Working Paper Series 5427, CESifo Group Munich.
- Costa-i-Font, Joan & Karlsson, Martin & Øien, Henning, 2015. "Informal care and the great recession," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 62606, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Siobhan Austen & Rachel Ong & Therese Jefferson & Rhonda Sharp & Gill Lewin, 2013. "Elder care and the employment intentions of mature age women," Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre Working Paper series WP1310, Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre (BCEC), Curtin Business School.
- Barigozzi, Francesca & Cremer, Helmuth & Roeder, Kerstin, 2017.
"Caregivers in the family: daughters, sons and social norms,"
IDEI Working Papers
877, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Barigozzi, Francesca & Cremer, Helmuth & Roeder, Kerstin, 2017. "Caregivers in the Family: Daughters, Sons and Social Norms," IZA Discussion Papers 10862, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Barigozzi, Francesca & Cremer, Helmuth & Roeder, Kerstin, 2017. "Caregivers in the family: daughters, sons and social norms," TSE Working Papers 17-823, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- F. Barigozzi & H. Cremer & K. Roeder, 2017. "Caregivers in the family: daughters, sons and social norms," Working Papers wp1102, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- repec:ctc:serie1:def4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Elenka Brenna & Cinzia Di Novi, 2013. "Is caring for elderly parents detrimental to women’s mental health? The influence of the European North-South gradient," DISCE - Working Papers del Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza def004, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Judith Kaschowitz, 2015. "Der Einfluss der Pflegeverantwortung von Frauen auf das Arbeitsangebot ihrer Partner: eine Untersuchung mit dem SOEP," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 780, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Cinzia Di Novi & Elenka Brenna, 2013. "Is caring for elderly parents detrimental for women�s mental health? The influence of the European North-South gradient," Working Papers 2013:23, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Heger, Dörte & Korfhage, Thorben, 2017. "Does the negative effect of caregiving on work persist over time?," Ruhr Economic Papers 703, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Bremer, Patrick & Cabrera, Esther & Leino-Kilpi, Helena & Lethin, Connie & Saks, Kai & Sutcliffe, Caroline & Soto, Maria & Zwakhalen, Sandra M.G. & Wübker, Ansgar, 2015. "Informal dementia care: Consequences for caregivers’ health and health care use in 8 European countries," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 119(11), pages 1459-1471.
- Geyer, J.; Korfhage, T.;, 2017. "Long-term care reform and the labor supply of informal caregivers â€“ evidence from a quasi-experiment," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 17/20, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Jakobsson, Niklas & Kotsadam, Andreas & Syse, Astri & Øien, Henning, 2016. "Gender bias in public long-term care? A survey experiment among care managers," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 131(PB), pages 126-138.
- Bauer, Jan Michael & Sousa-Poza, Alfonso, 2015. "Impacts of Informal Caregiving on Caregiver Employment, Health, and Family," IZA Discussion Papers 8851, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ciani, Emanuele, 2012. "Informal adult care and caregivers' employment in Europe," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 155-164.
More about this item
KeywordsInformal care; female labor supply; European welfare states;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:femeco:v:17:y:2011:i:2:p:121-144. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RFEC20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.