Efficiency in the provision of public services: a data envelopment analysis of UK public library systems
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Calogero Guccio & Marco Martorana & Isidoro Mazza & Ilde Rizzo, 2016. "Back to the Future. The effect of digital technology on the performance of public historical archives," ACEI Working Paper Series AWP-10-2016, Association for Cultural Economics International, revised Sep 2016.
- Reichmann, Gerhard & Sommersguter-Reichmann, Margit, 2006. "University library benchmarking: An international comparison using DEA," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 131-147, March.
- Amir B. Ferreira Neto & Joshua Hall, 2017. "Economies of Scale and Governance of Library Systems: Evidence from West Virginia," Working Papers 17-13, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Simon, Jose & Simon, Clara & Arias, Alicia, 2011. "Changes in productivity of Spanish university libraries," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 578-588, October.
- Faridah Djellal & Faïz Gallouj, 2009. "Public services and the productivity challenge," Working Papers hal-01111797, HAL.
- repec:eee:jomega:v:73:y:2017:i:c:p:93-103 is not listed on IDEAS
- Calogero Guccio & Anna Mignosa & Ilde Rizzo, 2017. "Disentangle inefficiency in the production activities of Italian national libraries: A network DEA approach," ACEI Working Paper Series AWP-04-2017, Association for Cultural Economics International, revised Mar 2017.
- De Witte, Kristof & Geys, Benny, 2013.
"Citizen coproduction and efficient public good provision: Theory and evidence from local public libraries,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 224(3), pages 592-602.
- De Witte, Kristof & Geys, Benny, 2012. "Citizen coproduction and efficient public good provision: Theory and evidence from local public libraries," Discussion Papers, Research Professorship & Project "The Future of Fiscal Federalism" SP II 2012-108, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Hammond, Christopher J., 2009. "The effect of organisational change on UK public library efficiency," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 121(1), pages 286-295, September.
- Lilo Locher, 2005. "Public Library Fees in Germany," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 29(4), pages 313-324, November.
- Witte, Kristof De & Geys, Benny, 2011.
"Evaluating efficient public good provision: Theory and evidence from a generalised conditional efficiency model for public libraries,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 319-327, May.
- De Witte, Kristof & Geys, Benny, 2010. "Evaluating efficient public good provision: Theory and evidence from a generalised conditional efficiency model for public libraries," Discussion Papers, Research Professorship & Project "The Future of Fiscal Federalism" SP II 2010-14, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Sacit Hadi Akdede & Yigit Kazancoglu, 2006. "Efficiency in Turkish State Libraries a Data Envelopment Analysis Application," Papers of the Annual IUE-SUNY Cortland Conference in Economics,in: Proceedings of the Conference on Human and Economic Resources, pages 72-81 Izmir University of Economics.
- Hanson, Torbjørn, 2016. "Estimating output mix effectiveness: A scenario approach," Memorandum 14/2016, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Saito, Hitoshi & Hirota, Haruaki & Yunoue, Hideo & Miyaki, Miki, 2017. "Does municipal mergers internalize spatial spillover effects? Empirical evidence from Japanese municipalities," MPRA Paper 76833, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:applec:v:34:y:2002:i:5:p:649-657. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.