Testing the performance of value strategies in the Athens Stock Exchange
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Scholes, Myron & Williams, Joseph, 1977. "Estimating betas from nonsynchronous data," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 309-327, December.
- Sentana, Enrique & Wadhwani, Sushil B, 1992. "Feedback Traders and Stock Return Autocorrelations: Evidence from a Century of Daily Data," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(411), pages 415-425, March.
- Kim, Suk Joong & Moshirian, Fariborz & Wu, Eliza, 2005. "Dynamic stock market integration driven by the European Monetary Union: An empirical analysis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(10), pages 2475-2502, October.
- Nelson, Daniel B, 1991. "Conditional Heteroskedasticity in Asset Returns: A New Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 347-370, March.
- Cheung, Yin-Wong & Westermann, Frank, 2001. "Equity Price Dynamics Before and After the Introduction of the Euro," Discussion Papers in Economics 17, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Robert J. Shiller, 1984. "Stock Prices and Social Dynamics," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 15(2), pages 457-510.
- Frank Westermann, 2004. "Does the Euro affect the dynamic interactions of stock markets in Europe? Evidence from France, Germany and Italy," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(2), pages 139-148.
- Jenifer Piesse & Bruce Hearn, 2002. "Equity market integration versus segmentation in three dominant markets of the Southern African Customs Union: cointegration and causality tests," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(14), pages 1711-1722.
- Issam Abdalla & Victor Murinde, 1997. "Exchange rate and stock price interactions in emerging financial markets: evidence on India, Korea, Pakistan and the Philippines," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(1), pages 25-35.
- Lo, Andrew W. & Craig MacKinlay, A., 1990.
"An econometric analysis of nonsynchronous trading,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1-2), pages 181-211.
- Andrew W. Lo & Craig A. MacKinlay, "undated". "An Econometric Analysis of Nonsyschronous-Trading," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 19-89, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Andrew W. Lo & A. Craig MacKinlay, 1989. "An Econometric Analysis of Nonsynchronous Trading," NBER Working Papers 2960, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bekaert, Geert & Harvey, Campbell R., 1997. "Emerging equity market volatility," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 29-77, January.
- Dumas, Bernard & Solnik, Bruno, 1995. " The World Price of Foreign Exchange Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(2), pages 445-479, June.
- Koutmos, Gregory, 1997. "Feedback trading and the autocorrelation pattern of stock returns: further empirical evidence," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 625-636, August.
- Chelley-Steeley, Patricia L., 2005. "Modeling equity market integration using smooth transition analysis: A study of Eastern European stock markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 818-831, September.
- Fratzscher, Marcel, 2002.
"Financial Market Integration in Europe: On the Effects of EMU on Stock Markets,"
International Journal of Finance & Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(3), pages 165-193, July.
- Fratzscher, M., 2001. "Financial Market Integration in Europe: On the Effects of EMU on Stock Markets," Papers 48, Quebec a Montreal - Recherche en gestion.
- Fratzscher, Marcel, 2001. "Financial market integration in Europe: on the effects of EMU on stock markets," Working Paper Series 0048, European Central Bank.
- David Dickinson, 2000. "Stock market integration and macroeconomic fundamentals: an empirical analysis, 1980-95," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 261-276.
- Fujii, Eiji, 2005. "Intra and inter-regional causal linkages of emerging stock markets: evidence from Asia and Latin America in and out of crises," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 315-342, October.
- Selcuk Caner & Zeynep Onder, 2005. "Sources of volatility in stock returns in emerging markets," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(8), pages 929-941.
- Shamsuddin, Abul F. M. & Kim, Jae H., 2003. "Integration and interdependence of stock and foreign exchange markets: an Australian perspective," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 237-254, July.
- Kasa, Kenneth, 1992. "Common stochastic trends in international stock markets," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 95-124, February.
- Tse, Y. K., 2000.
"A test for constant correlations in a multivariate GARCH model,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 107-127, September.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS programs to replicate Tse's constant correlation GARCH test results," Statistical Software Components RTZ00161, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "TSECCTEST: RATS procedure to perform Tse test for constant correlation in MV-GARCH model," Statistical Software Components RTS00214, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Koutmos, Gregory & Booth, G Geoffrey, 1995. "Asymmetric volatility transmission in international stock markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 747-762, December.
- Conrad, Jennifer & Kaul, Gautam, 1988. "Time-Variation in Expected Returns," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 61(4), pages 409-425, October.
- R. Smyth & M. Nandha, 2003. "Bivariate causality between exchange rates and stock prices in South Asia," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(11), pages 699-704.
- Eun, Cheol S. & Shim, Sangdal, 1989. "International Transmission of Stock Market Movements," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(02), pages 241-256, June.
- Granger, Clive W J, 1986. "Developments in the Study of Cointegrated Economic Variables," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 48(3), pages 213-228, August.
- Engle, Robert F. & Yoo, Byung Sam, 1987. "Forecasting and testing in co-integrated systems," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 143-159, May.
- Billio, Monica & Pelizzon, Loriana, 2003. "Volatility and shocks spillover before and after EMU in European stock markets," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(4-5), pages 323-340, December.
- Morana, Claudio & Beltratti, Andrea, 2002. "The effects of the introduction of the euro on the volatility of European stock markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(10), pages 2047-2064, October.
- Abdulnasser Hatemi-J & Eduardo Roca, 2005. "Exchange rates and stock prices interaction during good and bad times: evidence from the ASEAN4 countries," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(8), pages 539-546.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dimitrios D. Thomakos & Michail S. Koubouros, 2011.
"The Role of Realised Volatility in the Athens Stock Exchange,"
Multinational Finance Journal,
Multinational Finance Journal, vol. 15(1-2), pages 87-124, March - J.
- Dimitrios Thomakos & Michail Koubouros, 2008. "The Role of Realized Volatility in the Athens Stock Exchange," Working Papers 0020, University of Peloponnese, Department of Economics.
- Chin-Sheng Huang & Chun-Fan You & Hueh-Chen Lin, 2014. "Dividend-Yield Trading Strategies: Evidence from the Chinese Stock Market," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 4(2), pages 382-399.
- repec:eco:journ1:2017-02-59 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:19:y:2013:i:2:p:131-151 is not listed on IDEAS
- Timo H. Leivo, 2012. "Combining value and momentum indicators in varying stock market conditions: The Finnish evidence," Review of Accounting and Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 11(4), pages 400-447, October.
- repec:mfj:journl:v:16:y:2011:i:1-2:p:87-124 is not listed on IDEAS
- Eero J. Pätäri & Timo H. Leivo & J.V. Samuli Honkapuro, 2010. "Enhancement of value portfolio performance using data envelopment analysis," Studies in Economics and Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 27(3), pages 223-246, August.
- Dimitrios Kyriazis & Chris Christou, 2013. "A Re-examination of the Performance of Value Strategies in the Athens Stock Exchange," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 19(2), pages 131-151, May.
- Chen, Li-Wen & Yu, Hsin-Yi & Huang, Hsu-Huei, 2015. "Revisiting the earnings–price effect: The importance of future earnings," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 13(C), pages 90-96.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apfiec:v:17:y:2007:i:18:p:1511-1528. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAFE20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.