Accounting for conditional leptokurtosis and closing days effects in FIGARCH models of daily exchange rates
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Michel Beine & Sébastien Laurent & Christelle Lecourt, 2002. "Accounting for conditional leptokurtosis and closing days effects in FIGARCH models of daily exchange rates," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/10443, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Antonio Rubia & Trino-Manuel Ñíguez, 2006.
"Forecasting the conditional covariance matrix of a portfolio under long-run temporal dependence,"
Journal of Forecasting,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(6), pages 439-458.
- Antonio Rubia Serrano & Trino-Manuel Ñíguez, 2003. "Forecasting The Conditional Covariance Matrix Of A Portfolio Under Long-Run Temporal Dependence," Working Papers. Serie AD 2003-34, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Aneta Wlodarczyk & Iwona Otola, 2016. "Analysis of the Relationship between Market Volatility and Firms Volatility on the Polish Capital Market," Dynamic Econometric Models, Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika, vol. 16, pages 87-116.
- repec:spt:apfiba:v:8:y:2018:i:6:f:8_6_4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dima Alberg & Haim Shalit & Rami Yosef, 2008.
"Estimating stock market volatility using asymmetric GARCH models,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(15), pages 1201-1208.
- Dima Alberg & Haim Shalit & Rami Yosef, 2006. "Estimating Stock Market Volatility Using Asymmetric GARCH Models," Working Papers 0610, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Department of Economics.
- Beine, Michel & Laurent, Sebastien, 2003.
"Central bank interventions and jumps in double long memory models of daily exchange rates,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 10(5), pages 641-660, December.
- BEINE, Michel & LAURENT, SÃ©bastien, 2003. "Central bank interventions and jumps in double long memory models of daily exchange rates," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1706, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Michel Beine & Sébastien Laurent, 2003. "Central Bank interventions and jumps in double long memory models of daily exchange rates," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/10435, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Wu, Ping-Tsung & Shieh, Shwu-Jane, 2007. "Value-at-Risk analysis for long-term interest rate futures: Fat-tail and long memory in return innovations," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 248-259, March.
- Michel Beine & Sébastien Laurent, 2000.
"Structural change and long memory in volatility: new evidence from daily exchange rates,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/10473, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Michel Beine & Sebastien Laurent, 2000. "Structural Change and Long Memory in Volatility: New Evidence from Daily Exchange Rates," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0312, Econometric Society.
- Deniz Erdemlioglu & Sébastien Laurent & Christopher J. Neely, 2013.
"Econometric modeling of exchange rate volatility and jumps,"
Chapters,in: Handbook of Research Methods and Applications in Empirical Finance, chapter 16, pages 373-427
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Deniz Erdemlioglu & Sébastien Laurent & Christopher J. Neely, 2012. "Econometric modeling of exchange rate volatility and jumps," Working Papers 2012-008, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Algieri, Bernardina, 2014. "The influence of biofuels, economic and financial factors on daily returns of commodity futures prices," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 227-247.
- Thierry Ane, 2006. "Short and long term components of volatility in Hong Kong stock returns," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(6), pages 439-460.
- Han, Young Wook, 2007. "High frequency perspective on jump process, long memory property and temporal aggregation: Case of $-AUD exchange rates," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 248-262, March.
- Beine, Michel & Benassy-Quere, Agnes & Lecourt, Christelle, 2002.
"Central bank intervention and foreign exchange rates: new evidence from FIGARCH estimations,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 115-144, February.
- Michel Beine & Agnes Bénassy-Quéré & Christelle Lecourt, 2002. "Central Bank intervention and foreign exchange rates: new evidence from FIGARCH estimations," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/10445, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- repec:spt:apfiba:v:7:y:2017:i:4:f:7_4_2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Thompson, James R. & Wilson, James R., 2016. "Multifractal detrended fluctuation analysis: Practical applications to financial time series," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 126(C), pages 63-88.
- repec:spr:jecfin:v:42:y:2018:i:3:d:10.1007_s12197-017-9412-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Sang Hoon Kang & Seong-Min Yoon, 2009. "Value-at-Risk Analysis for Asian Emerging Markets: Asymmetry and Fat Tails in Returns Innovation," Korean Economic Review, Korean Economic Association, vol. 25, pages 387-411.
- Ken Johnston & David Carter & John Hatem, 2005. "Exchange rates, and fundamental variables: a semi-parametric analysis of binary choice," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(16), pages 1915-1924.
- Michel Beine & Agnès Bénassy-Quéré & Christelle Lecourt, 1999. "The Impact of Foreign Exchange Interventions: New Evidence from FIGARCH Estimations," Working Papers 1999-14, CEPII research center.
- Karanasos, Menelaos & Kim, Jinki, 2006. "A re-examination of the asymmetric power ARCH model," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 113-128, January.
- Agnieszka Jach & Piotr Kokoszka, 2010. "Empirical wavelet analysis of tail and memory properties of LARCH and FIGARCH models," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 163-182, March.
- Su, Jung-Bin & Hung, Jui-Cheng, 2011. "Empirical analysis of jump dynamics, heavy-tails and skewness on value-at-risk estimation," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 1117-1130, May.
- repec:bec:imsber:v:8:y:2016:i:2:p:1-22 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kang, Sang Hoon & Yoon, Seong-Min, 2007. "Long memory properties in return and volatility: Evidence from the Korean stock market," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 385(2), pages 591-600.
- Trino-Manuel Ñíguez, 2003. "Volatility And Var Forecasting For The Ibex-35 Stock-Return Index Using Figarch-Type Processes And Different Evaluation Criteria," Working Papers. Serie AD 2003-33, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apfiec:v:12:y:2002:i:8:p:589-600. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAFE20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.