Does the introduction of stock index futures effectively reduce stock market volatility? Is the 'futures effect' immediate? Evidence from the Italian stock exchange using GARCH
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Arif Oduncu, 2011. "The Effects of Currency Futures Trading on Turkish Currency Market," Journal of BRSA Banking and Financial Markets, Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency, vol. 5(1), pages 97-109.
- Nikolaos Sariannidis & Ioannis Koskosas & Nikos Kartalis & George Konteos, 2009. "Macroeconomic effects on D.J.S.I.-World Returns," International Journal of Business and Economic Sciences Applied Research (IJBESAR), Eastern Macedonia and Thrace Institute of Technology (EMATTECH), Kavala, Greece, vol. 2(2), pages 95-110, December.
- Marfatia, Hardik A., 2015. "Monetary policy's time-varying impact on the US bond markets: Role of financial stress and risks," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 103-123.
- C. James Hueng, 2006. "Short-sales constraints and stock return asymmetry: evidence from the Chinese stock markets," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(10), pages 707-716.
- Marfatia, Hardik A., 2014. "Impact of uncertainty on high frequency response of the U.S. stock markets to the Fed's policy surprises," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 382-392.
- Chevallier, Julien & Le Pen, Yannick & Sévi, Benoît, 2011.
"Options introduction and volatility in the EU ETS,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 855-880.
- Julien Chevallier & Yannick Le Pen & Benoît Sévi, 2009. "Options Introduction and Volatility in the EU ETS," Working Papers halshs-00405709, HAL.
- Julien Chevallier & Yannick Le Pen & Benoît Sévi, 2011. "Options introduction and volatility in the EU ETS," Working Papers 1107, Chaire Economie du climat.
- Julien Chevallier & Yannick Le Pen & Benoît Sévi, 2009. "Options introduction and volatility in the EU ETS," EconomiX Working Papers 2009-33, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Julien Chevallier & Yannick Le Pen & Benoît Sévi, 2009. "Options introduction and volatility in the EU ETS," Working Papers hal-00419339, HAL.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:7:y:2007:i:10:p:1-14 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lu, Xinsheng & Tian, Jie & Zhou, Ying & Li, Zhihui, 2013. "Multifractal detrended fluctuation analysis of the Chinese stock index futures market," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 392(6), pages 1452-1458.
- Shaen Corbet & Cian Twomey, 2014. "Quantifying the Effects of the Inclusion and Segregation of Contracts for Difference in Australian Equity Markets," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 4(2), pages 411-426.
- Dr. Dhanya Alex & Dr. Roshna Varghese, 2015. "Derivative Trading and Spot Market Volatility: Evidence from Indian Market," International Journal of Innovation and Economic Development, Inovatus Services Ltd., vol. 1(3), pages 23-34, August.
- Karathanassis, George & Sogiakas, Vasilios, 2007. "Spill Over Effects of Futures Contracts Initiation on the Cash Market: A Comparative Analysis," MPRA Paper 5958, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shaen Corbet & Cian Twomey, 2014. "Have Exchange Traded Funds Influenced Commodity Market Volatility?," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 4(2), pages 323-335.
- Nikolaos Sariannidis & Evangelos Drimbetas, 2008. "Impact of international volatility and the introduction of Individual Stock Futures on the volatility of a small market," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(3), pages 119-119.
- Wagner, Helmut & Matanovic, Eva, 2012. "Volatility Impact of Stock Index Futures Trading - A Revised Analysis," MPRA Paper 51204, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Evangelos Drimbetas & Nikolaos Sariannidis & Nicos Porfiris, 2007. "The effect of derivatives trading on volatility of the underlying asset: evidence from the Greek stock market," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(2), pages 139-148.
- Okur, Mustafa & Cevik, Emrah Ismail, 2013. "Testing intraday volatility spillovers in Turkish capital markets: evidence from ISE," MPRA Paper 71477, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2013.
- Kasman, Adnan & Kasman, Saadet, 2008. "The impact of futures trading on volatility of the underlying asset in the Turkish stock market," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(12), pages 2837-2845.
- Shaen Corbet & Cian Twomey, 2014. "How Have Contracts for Difference Affected Irish Equity Market Volatility?," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 45(4), pages 559-577.
- Xinsheng Lu & Jie Tian & Ying Zhou & Zhihui Li, 2012. "Multifractal Detrended Fluctuation Analysis of the Chinese Stock Index Futures Market," Working Papers 2012-08, Auckland University of Technology, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apfiec:v:12:y:2002:i:3:p:183-192. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAFE20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.