Technical analysis and the London stock exchange: testing the MACD and RSI rules using the FT30
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mark Roberts, 2004. "The Growth Performances of the GB Counties: Some New Empirical Evidence for 1977-1993," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(2), pages 149-165.
- Glaeser, Edward L & Hedi D. Kallal & Jose A. Scheinkman & Andrei Shleifer, 1992.
"Growth in Cities,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(6), pages 1126-1152, December.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Hedi D. Kallal & Jose A. Scheinkman & Andrei Shleifer, 1991. "Growth in Cities," NBER Working Papers 3787, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Glaeser, Edward Ludwig & Kallal, Hedi D. & Scheinkman, Jose A. & Shleifer, Andrei, 1992. "Growth in Cities," Scholarly Articles 3451309, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Helmut Hofer & Andreas Worgotter, 1997. "Regional Per Capita Income Convergence in Austria," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(1), pages 1-12.
- M. Chatterji & J. H. Ll. Dewhurst, 1996. "Convergence Clubs and Relative Economic Performance in Great Britain: 1977-1991," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(1), pages 31-39.
- Andrew Henley, 2005. "On regional growth convergence in Great Britain," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(9), pages 1245-1260.
- Scherer, F M, 1992. "Schumpeter and Plausible Capitalism," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 30(3), pages 1416-1433, September.
- Paul Bishop & Peter Gripaios, 2004. "Earnings biases and convergence in the UK: a county level analysis," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(1), pages 33-37.
- Peter Gripaios & Paul Bishop & Sarah Keast, 2000. "Differences in GDP per head in GB counties: some suggested explanations," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(9), pages 1161-1167.
- John Dewhurst & Philip McCann, 2007. "Specialization and Regional Size," Chapters,in: New Directions in Economic Geography, chapter 7 Edward Elgar Publishing.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ülkü, Numan & Prodan, Eugeniu, 2013. "Drivers of technical trend-following rules' profitability in world stock markets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 214-229.
- Buncic, Daniel & Piras, Gion Donat, 2016.
"Heterogeneous agents, the financial crisis and exchange rate predictability,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 313-359.
- Buncic, Daniel & Piras, Gion Donat, 2014. "Heterogeneous Agents, the Financial Crisis and Exchange Rate Predictability," Economics Working Paper Series 1436, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science, revised Oct 2015.
- Abdorrahman Haeri & Masoud Rabbani & Ali Habibnia, 2011. "The Proposed Mathematical Models for Decision-Making and Forecasting on Euro-Yen in Foreign Exchange Market," Iranian Economic Review, Economics faculty of Tehran university, vol. 16(3), pages 67-91, fall.
- Urquhart, Andrew & Gebka, Bartosz & Hudson, Robert, 2015. "How exactly do markets adapt? Evidence from the moving average rule in three developed markets," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 127-147.
- Michael McAleer & John Suen & Wing Keung Wong, 2016.
"Profiteering from the Dot-Com Bubble, Subprime Crisis and Asian Financial Crisis,"
The Japanese Economic Review,
Japanese Economic Association, vol. 67(3), pages 257-279, September.
- Michael McAleer & John Suen & Wing Keung Wong, 2013. "Profiteering from the Dot-com Bubble, Sub-Prime Crisis and Asian Financial Crisis," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 2013-18, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico, revised Jun 2013.
- Michael McAleer & John Suen & Wing Keung Wong, 2013. "Profiteering from the Dot-com Bubble, Sub-Prime Crisis and Asian Financial Crisis," KIER Working Papers 869, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Michael McAleer & John Suen & Wing Keung Wong, 2013. "Profiteering from the Dot-com Bubble, Sub-Prime Crisis and Asian Financial Crisis," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-077/III, Tinbergen Institute.
- Michael McAleer & John Suen & Wing Keung Wong, 2013. "Profiteering from the Dot-com Bubble, Sub-Prime Crisis and Asian Financial Crisis," Working Papers in Economics 13/20, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Terence Tai-Leung Chong & Wing-Kam Ng & Venus Khim-Sen Liew, 2014.
"Revisiting the Performance of MACD and RSI Oscillators,"
Journal of Risk and Financial Management,
MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(1), pages 1-12, February.
- Chong, Terence Tai-Leung & Ng, Wing-Kam & Liew, Venus Khim-Sen, 2014. "Revisiting the Performance of MACD and RSI Oscillators," MPRA Paper 54149, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Terence Tai-Leung Chong & Chen Li & Ho Tin Yu, 2008. "Structural Change in the Stock Market Efficiency after the Millennium: The MACD Approach," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 7(12), pages 1-6.
- Kim man Lui & Terence T. L. Chong, 2013. "Do Technical Analysts Outperform Novice Traders: Experimental Evidence," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 33(4), pages 3080-3087.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:7:y:2008:i:12:p:1-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bai, Limiao & Yan, Sen & Zheng, Xiaolian & Chen, Ben M., 2015. "Market turning points forecasting using wavelet analysis," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 437(C), pages 184-197.
- repec:eee:reveco:v:53:y:2018:i:c:p:168-184 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gerritsen, Dirk F., 2016. "Are chartists artists? The determinants and profitability of recommendations based on technical analysis," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 179-196.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apeclt:v:15:y:2008:i:14:p:1111-1114. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20 .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .