Growth at the fringe: The influence of political fragmentation in United States metropolitan areas
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Albert Solé-Ollé & Elisabet Viladecans-Marsal, 2007. "Economic and political determinants of urban expansion: Exploring the local connection," Working Papers 2007/5, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Miriam Hortas-Rico, 2015.
"Sprawl, Blight, And The Role Of Urban Containment Policies: Evidence From U.S. Cities,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(2), pages 298-323, March.
- Miriam Hortas Rico, 2013. "Sprawl, blight and the role of urban containment policies. Evidence from US cities," Working Papers 2013/2, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- John I. Carruthers, 2012. "Land use regulation and regional form: a spatial mismatch?," Chapters,in: Networks, Space and Competitiveness, chapter 8, pages 181-204 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Monkkonen, Paavo & Quigley, John M., 2008. "The Spatial Consequences of Autarky in Land-Use Regulation: Strategic Interaction or Parallelism?," Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy, Working Paper Series qt69p752cd, Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy.
- Hipp, John R. & Kane, Kevin, 2017. "Cities and the larger context: What explains changing levels of crime?," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 32-44.
- Boarnet, Marlon G. & McLaughlin, Ralph B. & Carruthers, John I., 2011.
"Does state growth management change the pattern of urban growth? Evidence from Florida,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 236-252, May.
- John Carruthers & Ralph Mclaughlin & Marlon Boarnet, 2006. "Does State Growth Management Change the Pattern of Urban Growth? Evidence From Florida," ERSA conference papers ersa06p544, European Regional Science Association.
- Björn Kauder, 2016.
"Incorporation of municipalities and population growth: A propensity score matching approach,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 95(3), pages 539-554, August.
- Björn Kauder, 2014. "Incorporation of Municipalities and Population Growth – A Propensity Score Matching Approach," ifo Working Paper Series 188, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Marc Brunetto & Nadine Levratto, 2017. "Analysis of the job creation process in metropolitan areas: A spatial perspective," EconomiX Working Papers 2017-36, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Grassmueck, Georg & Goetz, Stephan J. & Shields, Martin, 2008. "Youth Out-Migration from Pennsylvania: The Roles of Government Fragmentation vs. the Beaten Path Effect," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 38(1).
- Huang, Ke & Zhang, An-lu, 2015. "Relationship between Rural-Urban Land Conservation and Economic Development of Metropolitans in China," 2015 Conference (59th), February 10-13, 2015, Rotorua, New Zealand 202526, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Belal N. Fallah & Mark D. Partridge & M. Rose Olfert, 2011. "Urban sprawl and productivity: Evidence from US metropolitan areas," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 90(3), pages 451-472, August.
- Belal Fallah & Mark Partridge & M. Olfert, 2012. "Uncertain economic growth and sprawl: evidence from a stochastic growth approach," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 49(3), pages 589-617, December.
- Guangqing Chi & David Marcouiller, 2011. "Isolating the Effect of Natural Amenities on Population Change at the Local Level," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(4), pages 491-505.
- Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman, 2012.
"Integrating Regional Economic Development Analysis and Land Use Economics,"
Economics Working Paper Series
1203, Oklahoma State University, Department of Economics and Legal Studies in Business.
- Partridge, Mark D. & Rickman, Dan S., 2012. "Integrating regional economic development analysis and land use economics," MPRA Paper 38291, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsLand use governance; land use regulation; political fragmentation; urban sprawl;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:presci:v:82:y:2003:i:4:p:475-499. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .