Measuring the effects of air quality regulations on "dirty" firm births: Evidence from the neo- and mature-regulatory periods
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- John List & Warren McHone, 1999. "Measuring the effects of air quality regulations on "dirty" firm births: Evidence from the neo- and mature-regulatory periods," Natural Field Experiments 00524, The Field Experiments Website.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:bla:presci:v:96:y:2017:i:3:p:519-535 is not listed on IDEAS
- Becker, Randy A., 2005.
"Air pollution abatement costs under the Clean Air Act: evidence from the PACE survey,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 144-169, July.
- Randy Becker, 2001. "Air Pollution Abatement Costs Under the Clean Air Act: Evidence from the PACE Survey," Working Papers 01-12, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Josep-Maria Arauzo-Carod & Daniel Liviano-Solis & Miguel Manjón-Antolín, 2010.
"Empirical Studies In Industrial Location: An Assessment Of Their Methods And Results,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(3), pages 685-711.
- Arauzo Carod, Josep Maria & Liviano Solís, Daniel & Manjón Antolín, Miguel C., 2008. "Empirical studies in industrial location: an assessment of their methods and results," Working Papers 2072/9257, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- List, John A. & McHone, W. Warren & Millimet, Daniel L., 2004.
"Effects of environmental regulation on foreign and domestic plant births: is there a home field advantage?,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 303-326, September.
- John List & Warren McHone & Daniel Millimet, 2004. "Effects of environmental regulation on foreign and domestic plant births: is there a home field advantage?," Natural Field Experiments 00492, The Field Experiments Website.
- Hoffman, Joan, 2008. "Watershed shift: Collaboration and employers in the New York City Catskill/Delaware Watershed from 1990-2003," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1-2), pages 141-161, December.
- Mulatu, Abay & Gerlagh, Reyer & Rigby, Dan & Wossink, Ada, 2009. "Environmental Regulation and Industry Location," Economic Theory and Applications Working Papers 47176, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Simon Condliffe & O. Ashton Morgan, 2009. "The effects of air quality regulations on the location decisions of pollution-intensive manufacturing plants," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 83-93, August.
- Sturm, Daniel & Ulph, Alistair, 2002. "Environment, trade, political economy and imperfect information: a survey," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 0204, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Niklas Elert, 2014. "What determines entry? Evidence from Sweden," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 53(1), pages 55-92, August.
- Kim, Kijin, 2013. "The Effects of the Clean Air Act on Local Industrial Wages," 6th Annual Midwest Graduate Student Conference on Regional and Applied Economics (CRAE), April 5-6, 2013, Columbus, Ohio 147489, Midwest Graduate Student Conference on Regional and Applied Economics (CRAE), The Ohio State University, Department of Agricultural, Environmental and Development Economics.
- Rauscher, Michael, 2001. "International trade, foreign investment, and the environment," Thuenen-Series of Applied Economic Theory 29, University of Rostock, Institute of Economics.
- Becker Randy A, 2003.
"Pollution Abatement Expenditure by U.S. Manufacturing Plants: Do Community Characteristics Matter?,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 3(2), pages 1-23, December.
- Randy Becker, 2003. "Pollution Abatement Expenditure by U.S. Manufacturing Plants: Do Community Characteristics Matter?," Working Papers 03-18, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- List John A. & Millimet Daniel L & McHone Warren, 2004. "The Unintended Disincentive in the Clean Air Act," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 3(2), pages 1-28, February.
- Miguel C. Manjon-Antolin & Josep Maria Arauzo-Carod, 2006.
"Locations and Relocations: Modelling, Determinants, and Interrelations,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa06p33, European Regional Science Association.
- Arauzo Carod, Josep Maria & Manjón Antolín, Miguel C., 2007. "Locations and Relocations:Modelling, Determinants, and Interrelations," Working Papers 2072/5316, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Douglas A. Carr, 2011. "The Intergovernmental Fiscal Effects of the Clean Air Act," Public Finance Review, , vol. 39(6), pages 810-830, November.
- Morgan, O. Ashton & Condliffe, Simon, 2009.
"Spatial Heterogeneity in Environmental Regulation Enforcement and the Firm Location Decision among U.S. Counties,"
The Review of Regional Studies,
Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 39(3), pages 239-252.
- O. Ashton Morgan & Simon Condliffe, 2009. "Spatial Heterogeneity in Environmental Regulation Enforcement and the Firm Location Decision among U.S. Counties," Working Papers 09-12, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- Holl, Adelheid, 2004. "Manufacturing location and impacts of road transport infrastructure: empirical evidence from Spain," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 341-363, May.
- Wu, Haoyi & Guo, Huanxiu & Zhang, Bing & Bu, Maoliang, 2017. "Westward movement of new polluting firms in China: Pollution reduction mandates and location choice," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 119-138.
More about this item
KeywordsFirm location; environmental regulations;
- Q28 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Government Policy
- R38 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Government Policy
- R30 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:presci:v:79:y:2000:i:2:p:177-190. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.