Life Cycle Savings and Consumption Constraints: Theory, Empirical Evidence, and Fiscal Implications
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Li-Wei Chao & Helena Szrek & Nuno Sousa Pereira & Mark V. Pauly, 2009.
"Time preference and its relationship with age, health, and survival probability,"
Judgment and Decision Making,
Society for Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 4(1), pages 1-19, February.
- Li-Wei Chao & Helena Szrek & Nuno Sousa Pereira & Mark V. Pauly, 2007. "Time Preference and Its Relationship with Age, Health, and Survival Probability," CEF.UP Working Papers 0706, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Giavazzi, Francesco & McMahon, Michael, 2008.
"Policy Uncertainty and Precautionary Savings,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
6766, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Giavazzi, Francesco & McMahon, Michael, 2008. "Policy uncertainty and precautionary savings," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19608, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Francesco Giavazzi & Michael F. McMahon, 2008. "Policy Uncertainty and Precautionary Savings," CEP Discussion Papers dp0863, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Francesco Giavazzi & Michael McMahon, 2008. "Policy Uncertainty and Precautionary Savings," NBER Working Papers 13911, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Francesco Giavazzi & Michael McMahon, 2009. "Policy Uncertainty and Precautionary Savings," Working Papers 355, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Annamaria Lusardi, 2000.
"Explaining Why So Many Households Do Not Save,"
JCPR Working Papers
203, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- Annamaria Lusardi, 2000. "Explaining Why So Many Households Do Not Save," JCPR Working Papers 150, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- Annamaria Lusardi, 2000. "Explaining Why So Many Households Do Not Save," Working Papers 0001, Harris School of Public Policy Studies, University of Chicago.
- Banks, James & Rohwedder, Susann, 2001. "Life-cycle saving patterns and pension arrangements in the U.K," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 83-107, March.
- Klos, Alexander & Rottke, Simon, 2013.
"Saving and Consumption When Children Move Out,"
Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order
79786, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Simon Rottke & Alexander Klos, 2013. "Savings and Consumption When Children Move Out," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 621, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Bögenhold, Dieter & Fachinger, Uwe, 2000.
"The Social Embeddedness of Consumption: Towards the Relationship of Income and Expenditures over Time in Germany,"
1128, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bögenhold, Dieter & Fachinger, Uwe, 2000. "The social embeddedness of consumption - towards the relationship of income and expenditures over time in Germany," Working papers of the ZeS 06/2000, University of Bremen, Centre for Social Policy Research (ZeS).
- Domeij David & Johannesson Magnus, 2006. "Consumption and Health," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 6(1), pages 1-30, May.
- Alessie, Rob & Lusardi, Annamaria & Kapteyn, Arie, 1999. "Saving after retirement: evidence from three different surveys," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 277-310, June.
- Birgit Aigner-Walder & Thomas Döring, 2012. "The Effects of Population Ageing on Private Consumption — A Simulation for Austria Based on Household Data up to 2050," Eurasian Economic Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 2(1), pages 63-80, June.
- Borsch-Supan, Axel, 1995. "Age and cohort effects in saving and the German retirement system," Ricerche Economiche, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 207-233, September.
- Alessie, Rob & Kapteyn, Arie, 2001. "Savings and pensions in The Netherlands," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 61-82, March.
- Disney, Richard & Henley, Andrew & Stears, Gary, 2002. "Housing costs, house price shocks and savings behaviour among older households in Britain," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 607-625, September.
- Börsch-Supan, Axel, 1995. "Age and Cohort Effects in Saving and the German Retirement System," Discussion Papers 513, Institut fuer Volkswirtschaftslehre und Statistik, Abteilung fuer Volkswirtschaftslehre.
- Rodepeter, Ralf & Winter, Joachim, 1998. "Savings decisions under life-time and earnings uncertainty : empirical evidence from West German household data," Papers 98-58, Sonderforschungsbreich 504.
- Essig, Lothar, 2005. "Precautionary saving and old-age provisions : do subjective saving motives measures work?," Papers 05-22, Sonderforschungsbreich 504.
- Alan L. Gustman & F. Thomas Juster, 1995. "Income and Wealth of Older American Households: Modeling Issues for Public Policy Analysis," NBER Working Papers 4996, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Diane Macunovich, 1999. "The Baby Boom As It Ages: How Has It Affected Patterns of Consumptions and Savings in the United States?," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 7, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jopoec:v:4:y:1991:i:3:p:233-55. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .