Saving behaviour and earnings uncertainty: Evidence from the British Household Panel Survey
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:12:y:2006:i:3:p:298-307 is not listed on IDEAS
- Klos, Alexander & Rottke, Simon, 2013.
"Saving and Consumption When Children Move Out,"
Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order
79786, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Simon Rottke & Alexander Klos, 2013. "Savings and Consumption When Children Move Out," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 621, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Brown, Sarah & Taylor, Karl, 2014.
"Household finances and the ‘Big Five’ personality traits,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 197-212.
- Brown, Sarah & Taylor, Karl, 2011. "Household Finances and the 'Big Five' Personality Traits," IZA Discussion Papers 6191, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sarah Brown & Karl Taylor, 2011. "Household finances and the 'Big Five' personality traits," Working Papers 2011025, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics.
- Patti Fisher & Catherine Montalto, 2011. "Loss Aversion and Saving Behavior: Evidence from the 2007 U.S. Survey of Consumer Finances," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 4-14, March.
- repec:pdc:jrnbeh:v:14:y:2018:i:1:p:85-96 is not listed on IDEAS
- Asako OHINATA & Matteo PICCHIO, 2015.
"The Financial Support for Long-Term Elderly Care and Household Savings Behaviour,"
411, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Ohinata, Asako & Picchio, Matteo, 2017. "The financial support for long-term elderly care and household saving behaviour," GLO Discussion Paper Series 43, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Asako Ohinata & Matteo Picchio, 2015. "The financial support for long-term elderly care and household savings behaviour," Discussion Papers in Economics 15/17, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Ohinata, Asako & Picchio, Matteo, 2015. "The Financial Support for Long-Term Elderly Care and Household Savings Behaviour," IZA Discussion Papers 9237, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Marcus Klemm, 2012. "Job Security Perceptions and the Saving Behavior of German Households," Ruhr Economic Papers 0380, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- David Bywaters & D. Thomas, 2006. "Consumption, Wealth, and Indebtedness in the Context of Uncertainty: The Consumption Function Meets Portfolio Theory," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 12(3), pages 298-307, August.
- Guariglia, Alessandra & Rossi, Mariacristina, 2004.
"Private medical insurance and saving: evidence from the British Household Panel Survey,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 761-783, July.
- Alessandra Guariglia & Mariacristina Rossi, 2003. "Private Medical Insurance and Saving: Evidence from the British Household Panel Survey," CEIS Research Paper 39, Tor Vergata University, CEIS.
- Sarah Brown & Pulak Ghosh & Bhuvanesh Pareek & Karl Taylor, 2017.
"Financial Hardship and Saving Behaviour: Bayesian Analysis of British Panel Data,"
2017011, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics.
- Brown, Sarah & Ghosh, Pulak & Pareek, Bhuvanesh & Taylor, Karl, 2017. "Financial Hardship and Saving Behaviour: Bayesian Analysis of British Panel Data," IZA Discussion Papers 10910, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Evren Ceritoğlu, 2013. "The impact of labour income risk on household saving decisions in Turkey," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 109-129, March.
- repec:kap:reveho:v:16:y:2018:i:4:d:10.1007_s11150-018-9412-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sarah Brown & Karl Taylor, 2006.
"Financial expectations, consumption and saving: a microeconomic analysis,"
Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 27(3), pages 313-338, August.
- Sarah Brown & Karl Taylor & Robert McNabb, 2006. "Financial Expectations, Consumption and Saving: A Microeconomic Analysis," Working Papers 2006006, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics, revised May 2006.
- Mariacristina Rossi, 2009.
"Examining the Interaction between Saving and Contributions to Personal Pension Plans: Evidence from the BHPS,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 71(2), pages 253-271, April.
- Mariacristina Rossi, 2006. "Examining the interaction between saving and contributions to Personal Pension Plans. Evidence from the BHPS," CeRP Working Papers 49, Center for Research on Pensions and Welfare Policies, Turin (Italy).
- Klemm, Marcus, 2012. "Job Security Perceptions and the Saving Behavior of German Households," Ruhr Economic Papers 380, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Manuela Deidda, 2014.
"Precautionary saving under liquidity constraints: evidence from Italy,"
Springer, vol. 46(1), pages 329-360, February.
- M. Deidda, 2009. "Precautionary savings under liquidity constraints: evidence from Italy," Working Paper CRENoS 200918, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Lugilde, Alba, 2018. "Does income uncertainty affect Spanish household consumption?," MPRA Paper 87110, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alba Lugilde & Roberto Bande & Dolores Riveiro, 2018.
"Precautionary saving in Spain during the great recession: evidence from a panel of uncertainty indicators,"
Review of Economics of the Household,
Springer, vol. 16(4), pages 1151-1179, December.
- Lugilde, Alba & Bande, Roberto & Riveiro, Dolores, 2016. "Precautionary saving in Spain during the Great Recession: evidence from a panel of uncertainty indicators," MPRA Paper 72436, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Brown, Sarah & Taylor, Karl, 2016. "Early influences on saving behaviour: Analysis of British panel data," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 1-14.
- Lugilde, Alba & Bande, Roberto & Riveiro, Dolores, 2017. "Precautionary Saving: a review of the theory and the evidence," MPRA Paper 77511, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Khanal, Aditya & Mishra, Ashok, 2016. "Income Risk, Habit Formation, and Precautionary Savings: The Case of Rural Households," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 235597, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- repec:nsr:niesrd:287 is not listed on IDEAS
- Levin, Mark (Левин, Марк) & Matrosova, Ksenia (Матросова, Ксения), 2018.
"Development and Research of Economic Behavior of Households in Changing Conditions
[Разработка И Исследование Экономического Поведения Домохозяйств В Изменяющихся Условиях]," Working Papers 041825, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration.
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0380 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:touman:v:39:y:2013:i:c:p:37-49 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsPrecautionary saving; uncertainty; earnings variability;
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- D91 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Role and Effects of Psychological, Emotional, Social, and Cognitive Factors on Decision Making
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jopoec:v:14:y:2001:i:4:p:619-634. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Andrew Huffard). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .