Saving behaviour and earnings uncertainty: Evidence from the British Household Panel Survey
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Barsky R. & Bound J. & Charles K.K. & Lupton J.P., 2002.
"Accounting for the Black-White Wealth Gap: A Nonparametric Approach,"
Journal of the American Statistical Association,
American Statistical Association, vol. 97, pages 663-673, September.
- Robert Barsky & John Bound & Kerwin Charles & Joseph Lupton, 2001. "Accounting for the Black-White Wealth Gap: A Nonparametric Approach," NBER Working Papers 8466, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:12:y:2006:i:3:p:298-307 is not listed on IDEAS
- Klos, Alexander & Rottke, Simon, 2013.
"Saving and Consumption When Children Move Out,"
Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order
79786, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Simon Rottke & Alexander Klos, 2013. "Savings and Consumption When Children Move Out," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 621, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Brown, Sarah & Taylor, Karl, 2014.
"Household finances and the ‘Big Five’ personality traits,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, pages 197-212.
- Brown, Sarah & Taylor, Karl, 2011. "Household Finances and the 'Big Five' Personality Traits," IZA Discussion Papers 6191, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sarah Brown & Karl Taylor, 2011. "Household finances and the 'Big Five' personality traits," Working Papers 2011025, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics.
- Patti Fisher & Catherine Montalto, 2011. "Loss Aversion and Saving Behavior: Evidence from the 2007 U.S. Survey of Consumer Finances," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 4-14, March.
- Manuela Deidda, 2014.
"Precautionary saving under liquidity constraints: evidence from Italy,"
Springer, pages 329-360.
- M. Deidda, 2009. "Precautionary savings under liquidity constraints: evidence from Italy," Working Paper CRENoS 200918, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Asako OHINATA & Matteo PICCHIO, 2015.
"The Financial Support for Long-Term Elderly Care and Household Savings Behaviour,"
411, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Ohinata, Asako & Picchio, Matteo, 2017. "The financial support for long-term elderly care and household saving behaviour," GLO Discussion Paper Series 43, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Ohinata, Asako & Picchio, Matteo, 2015. "The Financial Support for Long-Term Elderly Care and Household Savings Behaviour," IZA Discussion Papers 9237, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Asako Ohinata & Matteo Picchio, 2015. "The financial support for long-term elderly care and household savings behaviour," Discussion Papers in Economics 15/17, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Lugilde, Alba & Bande, Roberto & Riveiro, Dolores, 2016. "Precautionary saving in Spain during the Great Recession: evidence from a panel of uncertainty indicators," MPRA Paper 72436, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guariglia, Alessandra & Rossi, Mariacristina, 2004.
"Private medical insurance and saving: evidence from the British Household Panel Survey,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, pages 761-783.
- Alessandra Guariglia & Mariacristina Rossi, 2003. "Private Medical Insurance and Saving: Evidence from the British Household Panel Survey," CEIS Research Paper 39, Tor Vergata University, CEIS.
- Brown, Sarah & Taylor, Karl, 2016. "Early influences on saving behaviour: Analysis of British panel data," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 1-14.
- Lugilde, Alba & Bande, Roberto & Riveiro, Dolores, 2017. "Precautionary Saving: a review of the theory and the evidence," MPRA Paper 77511, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Khanal, Aditya & Mishra, Ashok, 2016. "Income Risk, Habit Formation, and Precautionary Savings: The Case of Rural Households," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 235597, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Brown, Sarah & Ghosh, Pulak & Pareek, Bhuvanesh & Taylor, Karl, 2017.
"Financial Hardship and Saving Behaviour: Bayesian Analysis of British Panel Data,"
IZA Discussion Papers
10910, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sarah Brown & Pulak Ghosh & Bhuvanesh Pareek & Karl Taylor, 2017. "Financial Hardship and Saving Behaviour: Bayesian Analysis of British Panel Data," Working Papers 2017011, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics.
- repec:nsr:niesrd:287 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marcus Klemm, 2012. "Job Security Perceptions and the Saving Behavior of German Households," Ruhr Economic Papers 0380, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- David Bywaters & D. Thomas, 2006. "Consumption, Wealth, and Indebtedness in the Context of Uncertainty: The Consumption Function Meets Portfolio Theory," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, pages 298-307.
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0380 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:touman:v:39:y:2013:i:c:p:37-49 is not listed on IDEAS
- Evren Ceritoğlu, 2013. "The impact of labour income risk on household saving decisions in Turkey," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 109-129, March.
- Sarah Brown & Karl Taylor, 2006. "Financial expectations, consumption and saving: a microeconomic analysis," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, pages 313-338.
- Sarah Brown & Karl Taylor, 2006.
"Financial expectations, consumption and saving: a microeconomic analysis,"
Institute for Fiscal Studies, pages 313-338.
- Sarah Brown & Karl Taylor & Robert McNabb, 2006. "Financial Expectations, Consumption and Saving: A Microeconomic Analysis," Working Papers 2006006, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics, revised May 2006.
- Klemm, Marcus, 2012. "Job Security Perceptions and the Saving Behavior of German Households," Ruhr Economic Papers 380, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
More about this item
KeywordsPrecautionary saving; uncertainty; earnings variability;
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- D91 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Role and Effects of Psychological, Emotional, Social, and Cognitive Factors on Decision Making
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jopoec:v:14:y:2001:i:4:p:619-634. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .