Variations on two themes: Racial and ethnic patterns in the attainment of suburban residence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard D. Alba, 1987. "Interpreting the Parameters of Log-Linear Models," Sociological Methods & Research, , vol. 16(1), pages 45-77, August.
- A. Meltzer & Peter Ordeshook & Thomas Romer, 1983. "Introduction," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 1-5, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Scott South & Kyle Crowder & Erick Chavez, 2005. "Migration and spatial assimilation among u.s. latinos: Classical versus segmented trajectories," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 42(3), pages 497-521, August.
- Osypuk, Theresa L. & Bates, Lisa M. & Acevedo-Garcia, Dolores, 2010. "Another Mexican birthweight paradox? The role of residential enclaves and neighborhood poverty in the birthweight of Mexican-origin infants," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 70(4), pages 550-560, February.
- Noli Brazil, 2016. "Large-Scale Urban Riots and Residential Segregation: A Case Study of the 1960s U.S. Riots," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 53(2), pages 567-595, April.
- Bayoh, Isaac & Irwin, Elena G. & Haab, Timothy C., 2002. "Flight From Blight Vs. Natural Evolution: Determinats Of Household Residential Location Choice And Suburbanization," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19668, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Leah Boustan & Allison Shertzer, 2013. "Population Trends as a Counterweight to Central City Decline, 1950–2000," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 50(1), pages 125-147, February.
- Ozturk, Erdogan & Irwin, Elena G., 2001. "Explaining Household Location Choices Using A Spatial Probit Model," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20626, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- repec:spr:demogr:v:54:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s13524-017-0593-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Sanchez-Vaznaugh, Emma V. & Kawachi, Ichiro & Subramanian, S.V. & Sánchez, Brisa N. & Acevedo-Garcia, Dolores, 2008. "Differential effect of birthplace and length of residence on body mass index (BMI) by education, gender and race/ethnicity," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 67(8), pages 1300-1310, October.
- Karina Schaake & Jack Burgers & Clara Mulder, 2010. "Ethnicity at the Individual and Neighborhood Level as an Explanation for Moving Out of the Neighborhood," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 29(4), pages 593-608, August.
- John Iceland & Daniel Weinberg & Lauren Hughes, 2014. "The residential segregation of detailed Hispanic and Asian groups in the United States: 1980-2010," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 31(20), pages 593-624, September.
- Lingxin Hao, 2001. "Immigrants and Wealth Stratification In The U.S," JCPR Working Papers 216, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- Christopher S. Fowler & Barrett A. Lee & Stephen A. Matthews, 2016. "The Contributions of Places to Metropolitan Ethnoracial Diversity and Segregation: Decomposing Change Across Space and Time," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 53(6), pages 1955-1977, December.
- Zhou Yu, 2003. "Immigration and Sprawl: Race/Ethnicity, Immigrant Status, and Residential Mobility in Household Location Choice," Working Paper 8612, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
- Glenn Firebaugh & Chad R. Farrell, 2016. "Still Large, but Narrowing: The Sizable Decline in Racial Neighborhood Inequality in Metropolitan America, 1980–2010," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 53(1), pages 139-164, February.
- repec:spr:demogr:v:54:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s13524-017-0597-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Eric Fong & Kumiko Shibuya, 2000. "The spatial separation of the poor in Canadian cities," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 37(4), pages 449-459, November.
- repec:spr:demogr:v:54:y:2017:i:5:d:10.1007_s13524-017-0606-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Gary Painter & Zhou Yu, 2004. "Leaving Gateway Metropolitan Areas: Immigrants and the Housing Market," Working Paper 8597, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
- Amber Fox Crowell & Mark Fossett, 2016. "White-Latino Residential Attainments And Segregation In Six Cities: Assessing The Role Of Micro-Level Factors," Working Papers 16-51, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Barrett Lee & Lauren Hughes, 2015. "Bucking the Trend: Is Ethnoracial Diversity Declining in American Communities?," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 34(1), pages 113-139, February.
- Dinwiddie, Gniesha Y. & Gaskin, Darrell J. & Chan, Kitty S. & Norrington, Janette & McCleary, Rachel, 2013. "Residential segregation, geographic proximity and type of services used: Evidence for racial/ethnic disparities in mental health," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 67-75.
- Maude Toussaint-Comeau & Sherrie L.W. Rhine, 2000. "Ethnic immigrants enclaves and homeownership: a case study of an urban Hispanic community," Consumer and Community Affairs Policy Studies 2000-6, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- William Clark & Valerie Ledwith, 2007. "How much does income matter in neighborhood choice?," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 26(2), pages 145-161, April.
- Leah Platt Boustan & Allison Shertzer, 2010. "Demography and Population Loss from Central Cities, 1950-2000," NBER Working Papers 16435, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:demogr:v:28:y:1991:i:3:p:431-453. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.