A short note on parameter approximation for von Mises-Fisher distributions: and a fast implementation of I s (x)
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Xu, Xingzhong & Ding, Xiaobo & Zhao, Shuran, 2009. "New goodness-of-fit tests based on fiducial empirical distribution function," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(4), pages 1132-1141, February.
- Saldaña-Zepeda, Dayna P. & Vaquera-Huerta, Humberto & Arnold, Barry C., 2010. "A goodness of fit test for the Pareto distribution in the presence of Type II censoring, based on the cumulative hazard function," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 833-842, April.
- Jonggun Lim & Sangun Park, 2007. "Censored Kullback-Leibler Information and Goodness-of-Fit Test with Type II Censored Data," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(9), pages 1051-1064.
- Clemons, Traci E. & Jr., Edwin L. Bradley, 2000. "A nonparametric measure of the overlapping coefficient," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 51-61, July.
- Neuhaus, Georg, 1976. "Asymptotic power properties of the Cramér-von Mises test under contiguous alternatives," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 95-110, March.
- Norbert Henze & Simos G. Meintanis, 2005. "Recent and classical tests for exponentiality: a partial review with comparisons," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 61(1), pages 29-45, February.
- Meintanis, Simos G., 2008. "A new approach of goodness-of-fit testing for exponentiated laws applied to the generalized Rayleigh distribution," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(5), pages 2496-2503, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hornik, Kurt & Grün, Bettina, 2014. "movMF: An R Package for Fitting Mixtures of von Mises-Fisher Distributions," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 58(i10).
- Biswas, Atanu & Jha, Jayant & Dutta, Somak, 2016. "Modelling circular random variables with a spike at zero," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 194-201.
- repec:eee:csdana:v:121:y:2018:i:c:p:113-136 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kurt Hornik & Bettina Grün, 2014. "On maximum likelihood estimation of the concentration parameter of von Mises–Fisher distributions," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 29(5), pages 945-957, October.
More about this item
Keywordsvon Mises-Fisher distribution; Maximum-likelihood; Numerical approximation; Modified Bessel function; Bessel ratio;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:compst:v:27:y:2012:i:1:p:177-190. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.