Trade does promote peace: New simultaneous estimates of the reciprocal effects of trade and conflict
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Seitz, Michael & Tarasov, Alexander & Zakharenko, Roman, 2015.
"Trade costs, conflicts, and defense spending,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 305-318.
- Seitz, Michael & Tarasov, Alexander & Zakharenko, Roman, 2013. "Trade Costs, Conflicts, and Defense Spending," Discussion Papers in Economics 15733, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Seitz, Michael & Tarasov, Alexander & Zakharenko, Roman, 2013. "Trade Costs, Conflicts, and Defense Spending," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 404, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Christos Kollias & Suzanna-Maria Paleologou, 2017. "The Globalization and Peace Nexus: Findings Using Two Composite Indices," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 131(3), pages 871-885, April.
- Raul Caruso, 2015.
"Beyond deterrence and decline. Towards a general understanding of peace economics,"
Rivista Internazionale di Scienze Sociali,
Vita e Pensiero, Pubblicazioni dell'Universita' Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, vol. 128(1), pages 57-74.
- Caruso, Raul, 2014. "Beyond Deterrence and Decline. Towards a General Understanding of Peace Economics," MPRA Paper 59505, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bakaki Zorzeta, 2016. "Fossil Fuel Rents: Who Initiates International Crises?," Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 22(2), pages 173-190, April.
- Raymond Fisman & Yasushi Hamao & Yongxiang Wang, 2014.
"Nationalism and Economic Exchange: Evidence from Shocks to Sino-Japanese Relations,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 27(9), pages 2626-2660.
- Raymond Fisman & Yasushi Hamao & Yongxiang Wang, 2014. "Nationalism and Economic Exchange: Evidence from Shocks to Sino-Japanese Relations," NBER Working Papers 20089, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Raul Caruso & Marco Di Domizio & David A. Savage, 2015. "Hic Sunt Leones! The role of national identity on aggressiveness between national football teams," DISCE - Quaderni dell'Istituto di Politica Economica ispe0076, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Carolyn Chisadza & Manoel Bittencourt, 2016.
"Globalisation and Conflict: Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa,"
201640, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Carolyn Chisadza & Manoel Bittencourt, 2016. "Globalisation and Conflict: Evidence from sub-Saharan Africa," Working Papers 634, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Oloufade, Djoulassi K., 2012. "Trade Openness, Conflict Risk and Income Inequality," MPRA Paper 40702, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Feb 2013.
- Geesche M. Merkle & Rico Ihle & Yael Kachel & Ulf Liebe, 2013. "Economic cooperation despite of political conflict: Israeli traders’ perception of Israeli-Palestinian food trade," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 151, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Han Dorussen & Hugh Ward, 2011. "Disaggregated Trade Flows and International Conflict," Chapters,in: The Handbook on the Political Economy of War, chapter 25 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Asif Efrat, 2016. "Promoting trade through private law: Explaining international legal harmonization," The Review of International Organizations, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 311-336, September.
- Philippe Martin & Thierry Mayer & Mathias Thoenig, 2012.
"The Geography of Conflicts and Regional Trade Agreements,"
American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 4(4), pages 1-35, October.
- Thierry Mayer & Mathias Thoenig & Philippe Martin, 2012. "The Geography of Conflicts and Regional Trade Agreements," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/f4rshpf3v1u, Sciences Po.
- Massoud Tansa G. & Magee Christopher S., 2012. "Trade and Political, Military, and Economic Relations," Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 18(1), pages 1-39, May.
- repec:eee:inecon:v:108:y:2017:i:c:p:211-225 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sasidaran Gopalan & Ammar A. Malik & Kenneth A. Reinert, 2013. "The Renewed Hope of Multilateralism in South Asia: Applying the MFN Principle to Pakistan–India Trade," Global Policy, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 4(4), pages 445-448, November.
- Vincenzo Bove & Leandro Elia & Petros G. Sekeris, 2014.
"US Security Strategy and the Gains from Bilateral Trade,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(5), pages 863-885, November.
- Vincenzo Bove & Leandro Elia & Petros G. Sekeris, 2013. "U.S. Security Strategy and the Gains from Bilateral Trade," Working Papers 1302, University of Namur, Department of Economics.
- Luo, Shali & Miller, J. Isaac, 2014.
"On the spatial correlation of international conflict initiation and other binary and dyadic dependent variables,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 107-118.
- Shali Luo & J. Isaac Miller, 2013. "On the Spatial Correlation of International Conflict Initiation and Other Binary and Dyadic Dependent Variables," Working Papers 1306, Department of Economics, University of Missouri.
- Qureshi, Mahvash Saeed, 2013. "Trade and thy neighbor's war," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 178-195.
- repec:spr:qualqt:v:52:y:2018:i:3:d:10.1007_s11135-017-0525-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Moons, S.J.V. & van Bergeijk, P.A.G., 2013. "A meta-analysis of economic diplomacy and its effect on international economic flows," ISS Working Papers - General Series 50074, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- repec:bla:kyklos:v:70:y:2017:i:4:p:511-545 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordseconomic interdependence; interstate disputes; liberal peace; omitted variable bias; reciprocal causation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sae:joupea:v:47:y:2010:i:6:p:763-774. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (SAGE Publications). General contact details of provider: http://www.prio.no/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .