Oil and democracy: More than a cross-country correlation?
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gustav Lidén, 2013. "What about theory? The consequences on a widened perspective of social theory," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 47(1), pages 213-225, January.
- Mehrdad Vahabi, 2017.
"A critical survey of the resource curse literature through the appropriability lens,"
CEPN Working Papers
2017-14, Centre d'Economie de l'Université de Paris Nord.
- Mehrdad Vahabi, 2017. "A critical survey of the resource curse literature through the appropriability lens," CEPN Working Papers hal-01583559, HAL.
- Wiig, Arne & Kolstad, Ivar, 2012. "If diversification is good, why don't countries diversify more? The political economy of diversification in resource-rich countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 196-203.
- Omgba, Luc Désiré, 2015.
"Why Do Some Oil-Producing Countries Succeed in Democracy While Others Fail?,"
Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 180-189.
- Luc-Désiré Omgba, 2015. "Why do some oil-producing countries succeed in democracy while others fail?," Post-Print hal-01654509, HAL.
- Luc-Désiré Omgba, 2015. "Why do some oil-producing countries succeed in democracy while others fail?," Post-Print hal-01410647, HAL.
- Tcheta-Bampa, Albert & Kodila-Tedika, Oasis, 2018.
"Conditions institutionnelles de la malédiction des ressources naturelles en Afrique sur les performances économiques
[Institutional conditions of the natural resource curse in Africa on economic pe," MPRA Paper 86511, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eoin McGuirk, 2013.
"The illusory leader: natural resources, taxation and accountability,"
Springer, vol. 154(3), pages 285-313, March.
- Eoin F. McGuirk & Eoin F. McGuirk, 2010. "The Illusory Leader: Natural Resources, Taxation and Accountability," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp327, IIIS.
- Ivar Kolstad & Abel Kinyondo, 2015. "Alternatives to local content," WIDER Working Paper Series 106, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Armey, Laura E. & McNab, Robert M., 2012. "Democratization and civil war," MPRA Paper 42460, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daniel Treisman, 2010. "Oil and Democracy in Russia," NBER Working Papers 15667, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tcheta-Bampa, Tcheta-Bampa & Kodila-Tedika, Oasis, 2018.
"Dynamisation de la malédiction des ressources naturelles en Afrique sur les performances économiques : institution et guerre froide
[Curse of Natural Resources and Economic Performance in Africa: I," MPRA Paper 86510, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Borge, Lars-Erik & Parmer, Pernille & Torvik, Ragnar, 2015.
"Local natural resource curse?,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 101-114.
- Lars-Erik Borge & Pernille Parmer & Ragnar Torvik, 2013. "Local Natural Resource Curse?," Working Papers No 5/2013, Centre for Applied Macro- and Petroleum economics (CAMP), BI Norwegian Business School.
- Lars-Erik Borge & Pernille Parmer & Ragnar Torvik, 2013. "Local Natural Resource Curse?," Working Paper Series 14913, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Andersen, Jørgen Juel & Aslaksen, Silje, 2013. "Oil and political survival," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 89-106.
- Che, Yi & Lu, Yi & Tao, Zhigang & Wang, Peng, 2013. "The impact of income on democracy revisited," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 159-169.
- Nuri Aras, Osman & Suleymanov, Elchin & Zeynalov, Ayaz, 2012. "Does Oil Income Impede Democratization In Muslim– Majority Countries?," MPRA Paper 52236, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pernille Parmer, 2014. "Natural Rerources and public Sector Wages," Working Paper Series 16114, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- John Anyanwu & Andrew E. O. Erhijakpor, 2013. "Working Paper 184 - Does Oil Wealth Affect Democracy in Africa?," Working Paper Series 988, African Development Bank.
- Matthias Busse & Steffen Gröning, 2013.
"The resource curse revisited: governance and natural resources,"
Springer, vol. 154(1), pages 1-20, January.
- Busse, Matthias & Gröning, Steffen, 2011. "The resource curse revisited: Governance and natural resources," HWWI Research Papers 106, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Carreri, Maria & Dube, Oeindrila, 2016. "Do Natural Resources Influence Who Comes to Power, and How?," CEPR Discussion Papers 11136, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Prichard, Wilson, 2015. "Reassessing Tax and Development Research: A New Dataset, New Findings, and Lessons for Research," Working Papers 13654, Institute of Development Studies, International Centre for Tax and Development.
- Ivar Kolstad & Arne Wiig, 2014. "Diversification and democracy," CMI Working Papers 9, CMI (Chr. Michelsen Institute), Bergen, Norway.
- Al-Ubaydli, Omar, 2012. "Natural resources and the tradeoff between authoritarianism and development," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 137-152.
- Prichard, Wilson, 2016. "Reassessing Tax and Development Research: A New Dataset, New Findings, and Lessons for Research," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 48-60.
- Mahdavi, Paasha, 2014. "Why do leaders nationalize the oil industry? The politics of resource expropriation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 228-243.
- Kevin K. Tsui, 2010. "Resource Curse, Political Entry, And Deadweight Costs," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(3), pages 471-497, November.
More about this item
Keywordsdemocracy; oil; resource curse;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sae:joupea:v:47:y:2010:i:4:p:421-431. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (SAGE Publications). General contact details of provider: http://www.prio.no/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.