Two-Park Tariffs and Consumption Externalities
This paper provides explicit characteristics of those two-part tariffs which maximize profit and consumers' plus producer's surplus. The effect of consumption externalities (as in telecommunications systems) is then explored. The characterizations are in terms of elasticities of demand with respect to price, income, and the number of other customers in the system.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 6 (1975)
Issue (Month): 2 (Autumn)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.rje.org|
|Order Information:||Web: https://editorialexpress.com/cgi-bin/rje_online.cgi|
- Kanemoto, Yoshitsugu, 2000. "Price and quantity competition among heterogeneous suppliers with two-part pricing: applications to clubs, local public goods, networks, and growth controls," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 587-608, December.
- Ricard Gil & Wesley R. Hartmann, 2009. "Empirical Analysis of Metering Price Discrimination: Evidence from Concession Sales at Movie Theaters," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(6), pages 1046-1062, 11-12.
- Min, Taeki & Kim, Sang Yong & Shin, Changhoon & Hahn, Minhi, 2002. "Competitive nonlinear pricing with product differentiation," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 155-173, May.
- Csorba, Gergely, 2008.
"Screening contracts in the presence of positive network effects,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 213-226, January.
- Gergely Csorba, 2004. "Screening Contracts in the Presence of Positive Network Effects," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 336, Econometric Society.
- Gergely Csorba, 2004. "Screening Contracts in the Presence of Positive Network Effects," IEHAS Discussion Papers 0414, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Basalisco, Bruno, 2012. "The effect of user interaction on the demand for mobile text messages: Evidence from cross-country data," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 132-144.
- Hahn, Jong-Hee, 2003. "Nonlinear pricing of telecommunications with call and network externalities," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(7), pages 949-967, September.
- Jong-Hee Hahn, 2000. "Nonlinear Pricing of Telecommunications with Call and Network Externalities," Keele Department of Economics Discussion Papers (1995-2001) 2000/15, Department of Economics, Keele University, revised Nov 2001.
- De Borger, Bruno, 2001. "Discrete choice models and optimal two-part tariffs in the presence of externalities: optimal taxation of cars," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 471-504, July.
- DE BORGER, Bruno, "undated". "Discrete choice models and optimal two-part tariffs in the presence of externalities: Optimal taxation of cars," Working Papers 2000021, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- MacDonald, Ian A. & Meriluoto, Laura, 2005. "Efficient usage and access pricing in telephone networks," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 23(7-8), pages 615-623, September.
- Andersson, Tommy, 2004. "Essays on Nonlinear Pricing and Welfare," MPRA Paper 59446, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kopsakangas-Savolainen, Maria, 2004. "The welfare effects of different pricing schemes for electricity distribution in Finland," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 1429-1435, August.
- Rodriguez-Andres, Antonio & Perez-Amaral, Teodosio, 1998. "Demand for telephone lines and universal service in Spain," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 501-514, December.
- María Angeles García Valiñas, 2004. "Eficiencia y equidad en el diseño de precios óptimos para bienes y servicios públicos," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 168(1), pages 95-119, march.
- Yun, Kyoung-Lim & Choi, Hyun-Woo & Ahn, Byong-Hun, 1997. "The accounting revenue division in international telecommunications: Conflicts and inefficiencies," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 71-92, March.
- Sara Hsu & David Kiefer, 2005. "Perfect Price Discrimination is not So Perfect," Working Paper Series, Department of Economics, University of Utah 2005_04, University of Utah, Department of Economics.
- Munoz, Teresa Garin & Amaral, Teodosio Perez, 1996. "Demand for international telephone traffic in Spain: An econometric study using provincial panel data," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 289-315, December.
- Alan J. Auerbach & Anthony J. Pellechio, 1978. "The Two-Part Tariff and Voluntary Market Participation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 92(4), pages 571-587.
- Srzich, Antony, 2000. "The Effect of Income on Optimal Two Part Tariffs," Working Paper Series 3909, Victoria University of Wellington, The New Zealand Institute for the Study of Competition and Regulation.
- Kidokoro, Yukihiro, 2007. "A model of Internet access when Internet connection speed is upgradable," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 80-94, March.
- Jussawalla, Meheroo, 2000. "Book review," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 413-416, December.
- Bölcskei, Vanda, 2010. "A távbeszélő-szolgáltatások keresleti modelljeinek áttekintése - különös tekintettel a vezetékes és mobilszolgáltatások közötti helyettesítés becslésére
[A review of the demand models of telephone ," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(6), pages 517-535.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rje:bellje:v:6:y:1975:i:autumn:p:661-670. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed