The Internal Organization of the Firm and the Shape of Average Costs
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- René Brink, 2012. "On hierarchies and communication," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 39(4), pages 721-735, October.
- Jürgen Mihm & Christoph H. Loch & Dennis Wilkinson & Bernardo A. Huberman, 2010. "Hierarchical Structure and Search in Complex Organizations," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 56(5), pages 831-848, May.
- Prat, Andrea, 1997. "Hierarchies of Processors with Endogenous Capacity," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 214-222, November.
- Colombo, Massimo G. & Delmastro, Marco, 1999. "Some stylized facts on organization and its evolution," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 255-274, November.
- Dimitri Vayanos, 2003.
"The Decentralization of Information Processing in the Presence of Interactions,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 70(3), pages 667-695.
- Vayanos, Dimitri, 2003. "The decentralization of information processing in the presence of interactions," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 452, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Grossman, Sanford J & Hart, Oliver D, 1986.
"The Costs and Benefits of Ownership: A Theory of Vertical and Lateral Integration,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(4), pages 691-719, August.
- Oliver Hart & Sanford Grossman, 1985. "The Costs and Benefits of Ownership: A Theory of Vertical and Lateral Integration," Working papers 372, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Grossman, Sanford J. & Hart, Oliver D., 1986. "The Costs and Benefits of Ownership: A Theory of Vertical and Lateral Integration," Scholarly Articles 3450060, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Grossman, Sanford J & Hart, Oliver, 1985. "The Cost and Benefits of Ownership: A Theory of Vertical and Lateral Integration," CEPR Discussion Papers 70, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- DeCanio, Stephen J. & Watkins, William E., 1998.
"Information processing and organizational structure,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 275-294, August.
- Stephen J. DeCanio & William E. Watkins, "undated". "Information Processing and Organizational Structure," Computing in Economics and Finance 1997 163, Society for Computational Economics.
- Holmstrom, Bengt R. & Tirole, Jean, 1989. "The theory of the firm," Handbook of Industrial Organization,in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 2, pages 61-133 Elsevier.
- Pieter H.M. Ruys & RenÃ© van den Brink & Radislav Semenov, 2000. "Values and governance systems," Chapters,in: Institutions, Contracts and Organizations, chapter 27 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Philippe Jehiel, 1999. "Information Aggregation and Communication in Organizations," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(5), pages 659-669, May.
- René van den Brink & Robert P. Gilles, 2003.
"Explicit and Latent Authority in Hierarchical Organizations,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
03-102/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- van den Brink, J.R. & Gilles, R.P., 2005. "Explicit and Latent Authority in Hierarchical Organizations," Discussion Paper 2005-75, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Rene van den Brink & Robert P. Gilles, 2004. "Explicit and Latent Authority in Hierarchical Organizations," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 393, Econometric Society.
- Barro, Jason R & Barro, Robert J, 1990.
"Pay, Performance, and Turnover of Bank CEOs,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 8(4), pages 448-481, October.
- Barro, Jason R. & Barro, Robert J., 1990. "Pay, Performance, and Turnover of Bank CEOs," Scholarly Articles 3451300, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Jason R. Barro & Robert J. Barro, 1990. "Pay, Performance, and Turnover of Bank CEOs," NBER Working Papers 3262, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gradstein, Mark, 1998. "Optimal contest design: volume and timing of rent seeking in contests," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 575-585, November.
- Callander, Steven & Plott, Charles R., 2005. "Principles of network development and evolution: an experimental study," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(8), pages 1469-1495, August.
- van den Brink, J.R. & Ruys, P.H.M., 2005. "Technological Change, Wages and Firm Size," Discussion Paper 2005-022, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Pérez, Jessica Helen & Iranzo Sancho, Susana, 2012. "Determinants of Decentralization within the Firm: Some Empirical Evidence from Spanish Small and Medium- Sized Enterprise," Working Papers 2072/211755, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Van Zandt, Timothy, 1995.
"Hierarchical computation of the resource allocation problem,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 39(3-4), pages 700-708, April.
- Timothy Van Zandt, 1994. "Hierarchical Computation of the Resource Allocation Problem," Macroeconomics 9412001, EconWPA.
- Watts, Alison, 2001. "A Dynamic Model of Network Formation," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 331-341, February.
- Tomohiro Hayashida & Ichiro Nishizaki & Rika Kambara, 2014. "Simulation Analysis for Network Formulation," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 43(3), pages 371-394, March.
- Swank, Otto & Visser, Bauke, 2008. "The consequences of endogenizing information for the performance of a sequential decision procedure," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 65(3-4), pages 667-681, March.
- Delmastro, Marco, 2002. "The determinants of the management hierarchy: evidence from Italian plants," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 119-137, January.
- Markus Christen & William Boulding & Richard Staelin, 2009. "Optimal Market Intelligence Strategy When Management Attention Is Scarce," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 55(4), pages 526-538, April.
- Massimo G. Colombo & Cristina Rossi-Lamastra, 2013. "The organizational design of high- tech start- ups: state of the art and directions for future research," Chapters,in: Handbook of Economic Organization, chapter 21 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Marschak, Thomas, 2006. "Organization Structure," MPRA Paper 81518, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- James D Adams & Adam B Jaffe, 1994. "The Span of the Effect of R&D in the Firm and Industry," Working Papers 94-7, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rje:bellje:v:14:y:1983:i:autumn:p:474-486. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.rje.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.