Relative Performance of Valuation Using Multiples. Empirical Evidence on Bucharest Stock Exchange
This paper examines the valuation performances of seven multiples on a sample of BSE-listed firms. When industry membership is used as the selection method for comparable firms, the P/CF multiple leads to the best valuation performance. P/E, P/B, P/CF and P/TA multiples assure the highest accuracies when ROE is used as the selection method for comparable firms. In the case of both selection methods of comparables, the P/S multiple leads to the least accurate valuation. In this study, accuracy levels of multiple valuations are generally lower than those obtained using the same methods on more developed capital markets.
Volume (Year): 01 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Strada Mihai Eminescu nr.13-15, sector 1, Bucuresti, Romania|
Web page: http://www.fin.ase.ro/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Volker Herrmann & Frank Richter, 2003. "Pricing With Performance-Controlled Multiples," Schmalenbach Business Review (sbr), LMU Munich School of Management, vol. 55(3), pages 194–219, July.
- Dragota, Victor & Mitrica, Eugen, 2004. "Emergent capital markets' efficiency: The case of Romania," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 155(2), pages 353-360, June.
- Ingolf Dittmann & Christian Weiner, 2005. "Selecting Comparables for the Valuation of European Firms," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2005-002, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Cheng, C S Agnes & McNamara, Ray, 2000. "The Valuation Accuracy of the Price-Earnings and Price-Book Benchmark Valuation Methods," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 15(4), pages 349-70, December.
- DELOOF, Marc & DE MAESENEIRE, Wouter & INGHELBRECHT, Koen, 2002. "The valuation of IPOs by investment banks and the stock market: Empirical evidence," Working Papers 2002004, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rfb:journl:v:01:y:2009:i:1:p:035-053. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tatu Lucian)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.