The Random Behavior of the Flexible Exchange Rates: Implications for Forecasting
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yuanchen Chang, 2004. "A re-examination of variance-ratio test of random walks in foreign exchange rates," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(9), pages 671-679.
- Winston T. Lin, 2005. "Currency forecasting based on an error components-seemingly unrelated nonlinear regression model," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(8), pages 593-605.
- James J. Kung & E-Ching Wu, 2014. "Which Random Walk Best Portrays the Dynamics of the Japanese Yen?," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(3-4), pages 153-169, December.
- Andrea SALAS ORTIZ & Rodrigo GOMEZ MONGE, 2015. "Finding International Fisher effect to determine the exchange rate through the purchasing power parity theory: the case of Mexico during the period 1996-2012," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 15(1), pages 97-110.
- Katarzyna Dąbrowska-Gruszczyńska & Marcin Gruszczyński, 2009. "The introduction of the euro in the perspective of accession and the challenges of absorption," Ekonomia journal, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw, vol. 22.
- Marcin Gruszczyński, 2007. "Repression versus free and controlled market. Research into the (weak) effectiveness of the Polish foreign currency (US dollar/zloty) market over the years 1983–1989 and 1991–2006," Ekonomia journal, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw, vol. 19.
- Belaire-Franch, Jorge & Opong, Kwaku K., 2005. "Some evidence of random walk behavior of Euro exchange rates using ranks and signs," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(7), pages 1631-1643, July.
- Stanley Black, 1978. "Policy responses to major disturbances of the 1970s and their transmission through international goods and capital markets," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 114(4), pages 614-641, December.
- Beat Gerber, 1980. "Der Zufallscharakter im Wechselkursverhalten," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 116(IV), pages 403-422, December.
- Thomas C. Chiang, 1986. "Empirical Analysis On The Predictors Of Future Spot Rates," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 9(2), pages 153-162, June.
- Sifunjo E. Kisaka & Wainaina Gituro & Pokhariyal Ganesh & Ngugi W. Rose, 2008. "An analysis of the efficiency of the foreign exchange market in Kenya," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 14(2), pages 1-13.
- Frank McCormick, 1979. "A simple model of the welfare effects of central bank intervention in the foreign exchange market," International Finance Discussion Papers 147, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Hans Genberg & Jean-Pierre Roth, 1979. "Exchange-Rate Stabilization Policy and Monetary Target with Endogenous Expectations," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 115(III), pages 527-545, September.
- repec:fau:fauart:v:67:y:2017:i:3:p:199-220 is not listed on IDEAS
- Amelie Charles & Olivier Darne, 2009.
"Testing for Random Walk Behavior in Euro Exchange Rates,"
CEPII research center, issue 119, pages 25-45.
- Amélie Charles & Olivier Darné, 2009. "Testing for random walk behavior in euro exchange rates," Post-Print hal-00771082, HAL.
- Frenkel, Jacob A. & Mussa, Michael L., 1985.
"Asset markets, exchange rates and the balance of payments,"
Handbook of International Economics,in: R. W. Jones & P. B. Kenen (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 14, pages 679-747
- Jacob A. Frenkel & Michael L. Mussa, 1984. "Asset Markets, Exchange Rates and the Balance of Payments," NBER Working Papers 1287, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:jfr:ijfr11:v:8:y:2017:i:4:p:7-22 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bhatti, Razzaque H., 2014. "The existence of uncovered interest parity in the CIS countries," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 227-241.
- Bardia Kamrad & Akhtar Siddique, 2004. "Supply Contracts, Profit Sharing, Switching, and Reaction Options," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(1), pages 64-82, January.
- Fathi Abid & Moncef Habibi, 2010. "Hedging Transaction Exposure within the Context of a Basket Foreign Exchange Rate Arrangement," Working Papers 523, Economic Research Forum, revised 05 Jan 2010.
- Ajayi, Richard A. & Karemera, David, 1996. "A variance ratio test of random walks in exchange rates: Evidence from Pacific Basin economies," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 77-91, May.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:14:y:2008:i:2:p:1-13 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kunze, Frederik, 2017. "Predicting exchange rates in Asia: New insights on the accuracy of survey forecasts," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 326, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pal:jintbs:v:6:y:1975:i:1:p:1-32. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .