The determinants of expatriate staffing by Japanese multinationals in Asia: control, learning and vertical business groups
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shujiro Urata & Toshiyuki Matsuura & Yuhong Wei, 2006. "International Intrafirm Transfer of Management Technology by Japanese Multinational Corporations," Discussion papers 06006, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Riaz, Suhaib & Glenn Rowe, W. & Beamish, Paul W., 2014. "Expatriate-deployment levels and subsidiary growth: A temporal analysis," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 1-11.
- repec:eee:worbus:v:53:y:2018:i:2:p:134-150 is not listed on IDEAS
- Santacreu-Vasut, Estefania & Teshima, Kensuke, 2016. "Foreign employees as channel for technology transfer: Evidence from MNC's subsidiaries in Mexico," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 92-112.
- Jean-Pascal Bassino & Marion Dovis & Pierre van der Eng, 2015.
"Do Japanese MNCs use expatriates to contain risk in Asian host countries?,"
Asia Pacific Business Review,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(3), pages 383-402, July.
- Jean-Pascal Bassino & Marion Dovis & Pierre van der Eng, 2015. "Do Japanese MNCs use Expatriates to Contain Risk in Asian Host Countries?," AJRC Working Papers 1502, Australia-Japan Research Centre, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Jean-Pascal Bassino & Marion Dovis & Pierre Eng, 2015. "Do Japanese MNCs use expatriates to contain risk in Asian host countries?," Post-Print hal-01456121, HAL.
- Chung, Hsi-Mei, 2014. "The role of family management and ownership on semi-globalization pattern of globalization: The case of family business groups," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 260-271.
- Caligiuri, Paula & Bonache, Jaime, 2016. "Evolving and enduring challenges in global mobility," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 127-141.
- repec:spr:manint:v:48:y:2008:i:5:d:10.1007_s11575-008-0034-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nicola D. Coniglio & Rezart Hoxhaj & Adnan Seric, 2017. "The demand for foreign workers by foreign firms: evidence from Africa," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 153(2), pages 353-384, May.
- Yulin Fang & Guo-Liang Frank Jiang & Shige Makino & Paul W. Beamish, 2010. "Multinational Firm Knowledge, Use of Expatriates, and Foreign Subsidiary Performance," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 27-54, January.
- Naoki Ando & Dong Kee Rhee & Namgyoo Park, 2008. "Parent country nationals or local nationals for executive positions in foreign affiliates: An empirical study of Japanese affiliates in Korea," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 113-134, January.
- repec:eee:worbus:v:52:y:2017:i:5:p:680-690 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chiao, Yu-Ching & Yu, Chwo-Ming Joseph & Peng, Ju-Tzu Ann, 2009. "Partner nationality, market-focus and IJV performance: A contingent approach," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 238-249, July.
- Panagiota Sapouna & Dimitris Manolopoulos & Pavlos Dimitratos, 2016. "How do MNC R&D Laboratory Roles Affect Employee International Assignments?," Management International Review, Springer, vol. 56(5), pages 759-779, October.
- Peng, George Z. & Beamish, Paul W., 2014. "MNC subsidiary size and expatriate control: Resource-dependence and learning perspectives," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 51-62.
- Kawai, Norifumi & Strange, Roger, 2014. "Subsidiary autonomy and performance in Japanese multinationals in Europe," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 504-515.
- Lin, Wen-Ting, 2016. "FDI decisions and business-group insider control: Evidence from Taiwanese group-affiliated firms investing in the Chinese market," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(4), pages 525-533.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pal:jintbs:v:36:y:2005:i:3:p:341-354. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .