Vertical Keiretsu and International Market Entry: The Case of the Japanese Automobile Ancillary Industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alan M Rugman & Alain Verbeke, 2003. "Extending the theory of the multinational enterprise: internalization and strategic management perspectives," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 34(2), pages 125-137, March.
- Buckley, Peter J & Casson, Mark, 1981. "The Optimal Timing of a Foreign Direct Investment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 91(361), pages 75-87, March.
- Frankel, Jeffrey & Stein, Ernesto & Wei, Shang-jin, 1995. "Trading blocs and the Americas: The natural, the unnatural, and the super-natural," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 61-95, June.
- Alan M. Rugman & Alain Verbeke, 2003. "Multinational enterprises and public policy," Chapters,in: The New Economic Analysis of Multinationals, chapter 7 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Alan M Rugman, 1976. "Risk Reduction by International Diversification," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 7(2), pages 75-80, June.
- Alan M Rugman & Alain Verbeke, 1992. "A Note on the Transnational Solution and the Transaction Cost Theory of Multinational Strategic Management," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 23(4), pages 761-771, December.
- Rugman, Alan & Girod, Stéphane, 2003. "Retail Multinationals and Globalization:: The Evidence is Regional," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 24-37, February.
- J H Dunning & G Norman, 1987. "The location choice of offices of international companies," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 19(5), pages 613-631, May.
- Pomfret, Richard, 2001. "The Economics of Regional Trading Arrangements," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199248872.
- J H Dunning & G Norman, 1987. "The Location Choice of Offices of International Companies," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 19(5), pages 613-631, May.
- Bruce Kogut & Nalin Kulatilaka, 1994. "Operating Flexibility, Global Manufacturing, and the Option Value of a Multinational Network," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(1), pages 123-139, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Banerji, Kunal & Sambharya, Rakesh B., 1998. "Effect of network organization on alliance formation: A study of the Japanese automobile ancillary industry," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 41-57, July.
- Milner, Chris & Reed, Geoff & Talerngsri, Pawin, 2006. "Vertical linkages and agglomeration effects in Japanese FDI in Thailand," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 193-208, June.
- Nishitateno, Shuhei, 2013.
"Global production sharing and the FDI–trade nexus: New evidence from the Japanese automobile industry,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, pages 64-80.
- Shuhei Nishitateno, 2012. "Global Production Sharing and the FDI Trade Nexus: New Evidence from the Japanese Automobile Industry," Departmental Working Papers 2012-13, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Dow, Sandra & McGuire, Jean, 2009. "Propping and tunneling: Empirical evidence from Japanese keiretsu," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1817-1828, October.
- Jean McGuire & Sandra Dow, 2009. "Japanese keiretsu: Past, present, future," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 333-351, June.
- Peterson, Robert M. & Clay Dibrell, C. & Pett, Timothy L., 2002. "Long- vs. short-term performance perspectives of Western European, Japanese, and U.S. countries: where do they lie?," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 245-255, January.
- Manev, Ivan M., 2003. "The managerial network in a multinational enterprise and the resource profiles of subsidiaries," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 133-151.
- Pak, Yong Suhk & Park, Young-Ryeol, 2005. "Characteristics of Japanese FDI in the East and the West: Understanding the strategic motives of Japanese investment," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 254-266, August.
- Xie, Yu Henry & Zhao, Hongxin John & Xie, Qian Jane & Arnold, Mark, 2011. "On the determinants of post-entry strategic positioning of foreign firms in a host market: A "strategy tripod" perspective," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 477-490, August.
- Shuhei Nishitateno, 2012. "Global Production Sharing and FDI-Trade Nexus: New Evidence from the Japanese Automobile Industry," Asia Pacific Economic Papers 397, Australia-Japan Research Centre, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Leung, W. -F., 1998. "A model of coexistence of international joint ventures and foreign wholly-owned subsidiaries," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 233-252, April.
- repec:spr:manint:v:46:y:2006:i:1:d:10.1007_s11575-007-0047-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alfredo Jiménez & David Fuente, 2016. "Learning from Others: the Impact of Vicarious Experience on the Psychic Distance and FDI Relationship," Management International Review, Springer, vol. 56(5), pages 633-664, October.
- Alcantara, Lailani Laynesa & Mitsuhashi, Hitoshi, 2012. "Make-or-Break Decisions in Choosing Foreign Direct Investment Locations," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 335-351.
- McGuire, Jean & Dow, Sandra, 2002. "The Japanese keiretsu system: an empirical analysis," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 33-40, January.
- Peng, Mike W. & Lee, Seung-Hyun & Tan, J. Justin, 2001. "The keiretsu in Asia: Implications for multilevel theories of competitive advantage," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 253-276.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pal:jintbs:v:27:y:1996:i:1:p:89-113. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .