Financial Structure and Bankruptcy Risk in Japanese Companies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Racic, Stanko, 2010. "Is Japanese management superior? Evidence from the performance of the USA targets in partial acquisitions," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 14-34, February.
- Sun Bae Kim, 1991. "The use of equity positions by banks: the Japanese evidence," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Fall, pages 41-55.
- Brouthers, Lance Eliot & Gao, Yan & Napshin, Stuart, 2014. "Keiretsu centrality — profits and profit stability: A power dependence perspective," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(12), pages 2603-2610.
- Chan Huh & Sun Bae Kim, 1994. "Financial regulation and banking sector performance: a comparison of bad loan problems in Japan and Korea," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, pages 18-29.
- Owualah, Sunday I., 2002. "SMEs, borrowing constraints and banking relationships in Japan," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 87-100, January.
- Nikolai Naidenov, 2004. "The Main Bank System in Japan and the Crisis of the 1990s," Economic Thought journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 5, pages 72-90.
- Nobuyuki Teshima, 2012. "Management Ownership and Risk-Shifting Investment," The Japanese Accounting Review, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University, vol. 2, pages 75-85, December.
- Luke Gower, 2000. "Some Structural Causes of Japan’s Banking Problems," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp2000-03, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Hoshi, Takeo & Kashyap, Anil & Scharfstein, David, 1990.
"The role of banks in reducing the costs of financial distress in Japan,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 67-88, September.
- Takeo Hoshi & Anil Kashyap & David Scharfstein, 1990. "The Role of Banks in Reducing the Costs of Financial Distress in Japan," NBER Working Papers 3435, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dimitras, A. I. & Zanakis, S. H. & Zopounidis, C., 1996. "A survey of business failures with an emphasis on prediction methods and industrial applications," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 90(3), pages 487-513, May.
- Tumer-Alkan, G., 2008. "Essays on banking," Other publications TiSEM 8d5ec521-4702-4e75-bc79-a, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Shirasu, Yoko & Xu, Peng, 2007. "The choice of financing with public debt versus private debt: New evidence from Japan after critical binding regulations were removed," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 393-424, December.
- Ono, Arito & Hasumi, Ryo & Hirata, Hideaki, 2014.
"Differentiated use of small business credit scoring by relationship lenders and transactional lenders: Evidence from firm–bank matched data in Japan,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 371-380.
- Arito Ono & Ryo Hasumi & Hideaki Hirata, "undated". "Differentiated Use of Small Business Credit Scoring by Relationship Lenders and Transactional Lenders: Evidence from Firm?Bank Matched Data in Japan," Working Paper 164441, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Hasumi, Ryo & Hirata, Hideaki & Ono, Arito, 2012. "Differentiated Use of Small Business Credit Scoring by Relationship Lenders and Transactional Lenders: Evidence from Firm-Bank Matched Data in Japan," Working Paper Series 23, Center for Interfirm Network, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- HASUMI Ryo & HIRATA Hideaki & ONO Arito, 2011. "Differentiated Use of Small Business Credit Scoring by Relationship Lenders and Transactional Lenders: Evidence from firm-bank matched data in Japan," Discussion papers 11070, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Jeffrey D. Gramlich & Piman Limpaphayom & S. Ghon Rhee, 2002. "Taxes, Keiretsu Affiliation, and Income Shifting," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 02-114/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Gul, Ferdinand A., 1999. "Growth opportunities, capital structure and dividend policies in Japan," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 141-168, June.
- Gramlich, J.D.Jeffrey D. & Limpaphayom, Piman & Ghon Rhee, S., 2004. "Taxes, keiretsu affiliation, and income shifting," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 203-228, June.
- Ono, Arito & Uesugi, Iichiro, 2014. "SME Financing in Japan during the Global Financial Crisis: Evidence from Firm Surveys," HIT-REFINED Working Paper Series 6, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Helwege, Jean & Packer, Frank, 2003. "Determinants of the choice of bankruptcy procedure in Japan," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 96-120, January.
- Hyejun Kim & Jaeyong Song, 2017. "Filling institutional voids in emerging economies: The impact of capital market development and business groups on M&A deal abandonment," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 48(3), pages 308-323, April.
- Dewenter, Kathryn L., 2003. "The risk-sharing role of Japanese keiretsu business groups: evidence from restructuring in the 1990s," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 261-274, August.
- Lichtenberg, Frank R. & Pushner, George M., 1994.
"Ownership structure and corporate performance in Japan,"
Japan and the World Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 239-261, October.
- Frank R. Lichtenberg & George M. Pushner, 1992. "Ownership Structure and Corporate Performance in Japan," NBER Working Papers 4092, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fuss, Catherine & Vermeulen, Philip, 2006. "The response of firmsâ€˜ investment and financing to adverse cash flow shocks: the role of bank relationships," Working Paper Series 658, European Central Bank.
- Catherine Fuss & Philip Vermeulen, 2006. "The response of firms\u2019 investment and financing to adverse cash flow shocks : the role of bank relationships," Working Paper Research 87, National Bank of Belgium.
- Anderson, Christopher W. & K. Makhija, Anil, 1999. "Deregulation, disintermediation, and agency costs of debt: evidence from Japan," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 309-339, February.
- Masaru Yoshimori, 1998. "La gouvernance des entreprises au Japon: les causes de son dysfonctionnement," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 1(4), pages 173-199, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pal:jintbs:v:16:y:1985:i:1:p:97-110. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.