Social Fractionalization, Political Instability, and the Size of Government
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Robinson, Amanda Lea, 2016. "Internal Borders: Ethnic-Based Market Segmentation in Malawi," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 371-384.
- Victor GINSBURGH & Shlomo WEBER, 2016.
"Linguistic distances and ethnolinguistic fractionalization and disenfranchisement indices,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
2855, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Victor Ginsburgh & Shlomo Weber, 2016. "Linguistic Distances and Ethno-Linguistic Fractionalisation and Disenfranchisement Indices," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2016-25, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Rougier, Eric, 2016.
"“Fire in Cairo”: Authoritarian–Redistributive Social Contracts, Structural Change, and the Arab Spring,"
Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 148-171.
- Eric ROUGIER, 2014. "Fire in Cairo: Authoritarian-redistributive social contracts, structural change and the Arab spring," Cahiers du GREThA 2014-22, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée(GREThA).
- Doucouliagos, Chris & Hennessy, Jack & Mallick, Debdulal, 2019. "Health Aid, Governance and Infant Mortality," IZA Discussion Papers 12166, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Anoop Singh, 2006. "Macroeconomic Volatility; The Policy Lessons from Latin America," IMF Working Papers 06/166, International Monetary Fund.
- Jong-A-Pin, Richard, 2009.
"On the measurement of political instability and its impact on economic growth,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 15-29, March.
- Jong-A-Pin, R., 2006. "On the measurement of political instability and its impact on economic growth," Research Report 06C05, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Ginsburgh, Victor & Weber, Shlomo, 2018. "The Economics of Language," CEPR Discussion Papers 13002, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rodriguez-Pose, Andres & Stermsek, Marko, 2014.
"The Economics of Secession – Analysing the economic impact of the collapse of the former Yugoslavia,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
10134, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Marko Stermšek, 2014. "The economics of secession. Analysing the economic impact of the collapse of the former Yugoslavia," Working Papers. Collection A: Public economics, governance and decentralization 1408, Universidade de Vigo, GEN - Governance and Economics research Network.
- Alena Kimakova, 2009. "Government size and openness revisited: the case of financial globalization," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(3), pages 394-406, August.
- Mertzanis, Charilaos, 2016. "The absorption of financial services in an Islamic environment," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 132(S), pages 216-236.
- Peter T. Leeson & Claudia R. Williamson, 2011. "Can’t We All Just Get Along? Fractionalization, Institutions and Economic Consequences," Chapters,in: The Handbook on the Political Economy of War, chapter 4 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Urbain Thierry Yogo, 2015.
"Ethnic Diversity and the Efficiency of Public Spending in Developing Countries,"
- Urbain Thierry YOGO, 2015. "Ethnic Diversity and the Efficiency of Public Spending in Developing Countries," Working Papers 201513, CERDI.
- Philipp Kolo, 2016. "A dissimilarity-adjusted index of ethnic diversity: Measurement and implications for findings on conflict, growth and trade," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 195, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- repec:bla:kyklos:v:71:y:2018:i:4:p:581-612 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gören, Erkan, 2014. "How Ethnic Diversity Affects Economic Growth," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 275-297.
- Sarantis Kalyvitis & Irene Vlachaki, 2010. "Democratic Aid And The Democratization Of Recipients," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 28(2), pages 188-218, April.
- repec:kap:iecepo:v:16:y:2019:i:2:d:10.1007_s10368-017-0393-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Arusha Cooray, 2014. "Ethnic or Political Fractionalisation? A District Level Analysis of the Provision of Public Goods in Sri Lanka," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(4), pages 640-666, December.
- repec:dgr:rugsom:06c05 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:41:y:2017:i:c:p:79-89 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bridgman, Benjamin, 2008. "Why are ethnically divided countries poor?," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 1-18, March.
- Philip Gunby & Yinghua Jin, 2016. "Determinants of Chinese Government Size: An Extreme Bounds Analysis," Working Papers in Economics 16/25, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Robert M. Marsh, 2014. "Getting Ahead and Falling Behind: A Sociological Elaboration of Sen's Theory of Human Development," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 95(4), pages 1001-1021, December.
- Thomas P. Tangerås & Nils-Petter Lagerlöf, 2009. "Ethnic Diversity, Civil War and Redistribution," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 111(1), pages 1-27, March.
More about this item
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- O23 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Fiscal and Monetary Policy in Development
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pal:imfstp:v:48:y:2002:i:3:p:7. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Mallaigh Nolan). General contact details of provider: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .